• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW clubsports and swift springs

Hey everyone. I had a quick question since I need to upgrade my springs. I have kw clubsports that come with 452/452 springs. I upgraded to 650 fronts from coz "I forget the exact rating". They are perfect but I need to upgrade to swift springs since u should have my car back shortly and putting on a custom vrh kit. Swift does not offer a spring that's 650 but rather a 616 or 672 spring.

Any suggestions from you track guys in the know? I would figure the 672 would be the best bet.

672 would be what I would go with....weird compression rate number......you'd think they would build them in 10 increments.

616 and 672 converts to 11k and 12k, that's why the number seems so odd. 672 would likely get you closer to what you want.

What makes it so specific that you need swift springs? Spring diameter and free length are what matter. 2.5" x 6" Swift should be the same as a 2.5" x 6" Hypercoil. Hypercoil makes very good springs.

ah so they are converting from kg/mm...

616 and 672 converts to 11k and 12k, that's why the number seems so odd. 672 would likely get you closer to what you want.

What makes it so specific that you need swift springs? Spring diameter and free length are what matter. 2.5" x 6" Swift should be the same as a 2.5" x 6" Hypercoil. Hypercoil makes very good springs.

The vrh cup only fits a certain diameter spring and also keeping the stock kw helpers on the bottom I had to order some type of machined offset spacer to be able to run slightly different top vs bottom. I forget the exact sizing but it's not by much that the stock kw's are different but they are slightly.

Just ordered my swifts in 12k. Shameless plug but my kw front springs will be up for grabs later. However you'd probably want to go with clubsport tears to match the more aggressive fronts. I'm not sure if the stiffer fronts paired with the normal 350 rear v3's would be a good match but I could be wrong.

I just saw this! I have a set of Swifts that fit those fronts if you want me to sell to you. I believe they are either 11k or 14k or both in the 6" size. I have various from testing etc. Let me know if you'd like me to sell you some for a friend's price :)

I just saw this! I have a set of Swifts that fit those fronts if you want me to sell to you. I believe they are either 11k or 14k or both in the 6" size. I have various from testing etc. Let me know if you'd like me to sell you some for a friend's price :)

Oh man I wish I knew this before! I'll shoot you a pm if the 12k are to harsh but I' hoping everything will be fine. Can't wait to finally install my kit!

Oh man I wish I knew this before! I'll shoot you a pm if the 12k are to harsh but I' hoping everything will be fine. Can't wait to finally install my kit!
I was going to ask you if you wanted to sell it! lol

I have a couple buddies locally that are looking for a set.

I've never tried the KW V3s or clubsports so I can only comment on how they are on the JRZs or DG5s. FWIW i'm on 9k/7k now which is just under the 02' Type R spring rates 10k/8k (93' NSX-R is 8k/6k). I'm pretty happy with the car now but the dampers make a world of difference. I may switch to 7k/6k when I stop tracking the car. Have you checked with [MENTION=4034]Coz[/MENTION]? He's a wealth of information as he's probably tried every single setup when it comes to the KW Clubsports. I have tried 12k fronts before on both JRZs and DG5s.

I was going to ask you if you wanted to sell it! lol

I have a couple buddies locally that are looking for a set.

I've never tried the KW V3s or clubsports so I can only comment on how they are on the JRZs or DG5s. FWIW i'm on 9k/7k now which is just under the 02' Type R spring rates 10k/8k (93' NSX-R is 8k/6k). I'm pretty happy with the car now but the dampers make a world of difference. I may switch to 7k/6k when I stop tracking the car. Have you checked with [MENTION=4034]Coz[/MENTION]? He's a wealth of information as he's probably tried every single setup when it comes to the KW Clubsports. I have tried 12k fronts before on both JRZs and DG5s.

Haha nope I'm keeping them!

I have spoken with coz but a long time ago. He got me my original kw springs and recommended he setup to me. The settings I run are also ones he recommends too. The only thing I'm changing is adding slightly more weight in the front with the kit and upping the springs from 11k to 12k basically. I'll probably shoot him a message or call sometime when I get things up and running to see what he has to say and how things are going.

Back