• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CANCELLED: 3rd Annual Mideast Mini NSXPO 2016 – May 20-22

2016 MidEast Mini NSXPO CANCELLATION

Unfortunately the weather gods have not smiled down on us. The forecast has gotten progressively worse during the past week - rain and thunderstorms forecast for Friday and Saturday – with Saturday approaching 100% probability.

For those who made hotel reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn, there will be no cancellation penalties. Josh Lees, Sales Manager for the Hilton Garden Inn – RDU Airport is going to cancel all of the rooms booked through our room block. If you made a reservation outside of the room block, please proceed with cancelling on your own.

Thanks to all for the terrific interest and response for this event. We expected to see 36+ NSX’s attending. FYI – the previous weekend weather here in Raleigh was PERFECT.

We are looking for possible dates to reschedule this event. Stay tuned

John Komar

View attachment 133309

ATTENTION: See below the agenda for the upcoming Mid-East Mini NSXPO.

2016 MidEast Mini NSXPO – Agenda
Friday – May 20
2:00 – 4:00 PM NSX Cleanup @ Komar Residence -Holly Springs
4:30 – 6:00 PM Dinner @ Ruckus Pizza – Cary
7:00 – 11:00 PM Raleigh Area Cruise Night

Saturday – May 21
7:00 – 8:00 AM Breakfast @ Hilton Garden Inn -Airport
8:30 – 10:00 AM McGregor Park - Cars n Coffee – Cary
11 AM - 1:30 PM Performance Acura - Open House & Lunch – Chapel Hill
2:00 – 4:00 PM Grille 57 Cruise – In – Garner
5:00 – 7:00 PM Dinner @ City BBQ – Cary
7:00 – 11:00 PM Raleigh Area Cruise Night

Sunday – May 22
8:00 – 9:00 AM Breakfast @ Hilton Garden Inn

I am updating the list below on a daily basis. If you are planning on attending the 3rd Annual MidEast Mini NSXPO in May, let me know. If you will need a hotel room, an (H) appears after your name.

Announcing the availability of rooms for the upcoming MidEast Mini NSXPO 2016 in Raleigh, NC.
We have reserved a block of rooms at the:

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport
1500 RDU Center Drive,
Morrisville, North Carolina, 27560
TEL: +1-919-840-8088

For those that attended prior year's events, this is a change from the Hilton Garden Inn at the Crossroads in Cary. The Hilton Garden Inn RDU Airport is conveniently located just off I-40 near the airport exit. They have excellent parking and their weekend business is typically very light. There are no other events scheduled at the hotel for this weekend.

We have negotiated a discounted rate that will include the excellent HGI breakfast (a $14 value). Double Queen rooms include breakfast for two occupants. Note: Individuals reserving a single King room with double occupancy will also receive breakfast for both occupants.

Single King rooms are $90 and double Queen rooms are $99. Make your reservations at the website (link below) that has been set up for our event. Any questions, please reach me at (919) 760-7492 (cell). John Komar

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en...20/index.jhtml

1. Syndicate +1 (H)
2. 99NCNSX
3. combatdad

4. allstar
5. blue_myriddn (H)
6. Alec_fields (H) Shared
7. 95nsxtc (H) Shared
8. BrianB (H)
9. JohnWayne (H)
10. xory72 - Darrin (H) Shared
11. JLCoolman (H)
12. Blakedpotato (H)
13. Kboose07 (H)
14. DopeKou (H) (Charlotte NC)
15. TPhong (H)Florence, SC
16. Chudson1549(H)

17. robbiedawg
18. mteele
19. shiraz
20. Tomcat
21. JHorne

22. venom2049 (H)Shared
23. CoolKidCar(H)
24. Lud (H)

25. TravisV
26. DaXman
27. waynebunting
28. PSHUMARD1(H)SC
29. GVega (H) SC

30. TitaniumVtec (TN)
31. twanktwank(H)
32. HondaDreamS (H)
33. Nsxcerberus
34. JoseJA1979 (H)
35. Thanhtran

We have selected dates for the 3rd annual Mideast Mini NSXPO. This event began in 2014 as a gathering here in the Raleigh, NC area of NSX owners in the Mideast region who wanted to enjoy a small bit of the great time we had during NSXPO 2013.

As in past events, we will start the weekend on Friday afternoon. There will be a few events for those arriving Friday. The big day will be Saturday, and we will finish the weekend on Sunday morning in time for those from out-of-town to have a leisurely drive home.

Look for details soon and a complete agenda for the weekend as well as hotel information.

Last edited:
Not moving to Asheville this year? Regardless Ill be there.

John.....we seriously considered this...but for a couple of reasons decided against it:
- Finding someone in that area to undertake organizing the event
- This single event (the Dragon drive) would probably occupy the whole weekend
- Suitable hotels reasonably priced in the area
- Losing the considerable attendance by eastern NC locals that would not travel that far west. We might pickup some TN owners, but no guarantee

We decide that we would be better served by making the "Dragon Drive" a stand alone event. Additionally I am going to contact Charlotte area NSX owners about establishing a possible weekend event in that area that might run concurrent to our MidEast event.

John

Last edited:
John.....we seriously considered this...but for a couple of reasons decided against it:
- Finding someone in that area to undertake organizing the event
- This single event (the Dragon drive) would probably occupy the whole weekend
- Suitable hotels reasonably priced in the area
- Loosing the considerable attendance by eastern NC locals that would not travel that far west. We might pickup some TN owners, but no guarantee

We decide that we would be better served by making the "Dragon Drive" a stand alone event. Additionally I am going to contact Charlotte area NSX owners about establishing a possible weekend event in that area that might run concurrent to our MidEast event.

John

John

I live in Asheville so naturally I was hopeful :) All your points are valid, hotels here arent getting cheaper!
If you need any help with the Dragon Drive Im willing shoot me a PM.

Looking forward to warmer weather!

John

I am looking forward to seeing you all again at this event once again. This has always turned out to be a great event.

Definitely would like to come again

i'm looking forward to it,too,nice to have that ahead as we go through the depths of winter.it was a great gathering last year with a great turnout

I will be there. G-aAmS4umkPBeBDsEO7cryXSrXwZpy9cUcOLyXhkxUo,FOaZrgABLpT1wS40yz4HQHap9ortIrHZ8nIaqu91I6E.jpg

I'd love to make it, but seeing as how I am getting married that Saturday in Florida, the timing isn't great :)

You're excused!

Congratulations! Think about attending NSXPO 2016 in Orlando Nov 3-6.

I'd love to make it, but seeing as how I am getting married that Saturday in Florida, the timing isn't great :)

Orrr...

Drive down to Florida. Stop in Friday night for mini-NSXPO which will be renamed to "Rorrim bachelor party". Stagger out of bed Sat morning, drive like hell and make it to your wedding with time to spare.

Flawless plan. Nothing could go wrong. You can thank me later.

You're excused!

Congratulations! Think about attending NSXPO 2016 in Orlando Nov 3-6.

Oh, I'll be there for NSXPO in Orlando!

- - - Updated - - -

Orrr...

Drive down to Florida. Stop in Friday night for mini-NSXPO which will be renamed to "Rorrim bachelor party". Stagger out of bed Sat morning, drive like hell and make it to your wedding with time to spare.

Um, no :)

I love my car and would like to meet up with you guys in Raleigh, but there is no way that I could get away with this. I'm leaving for Sarasota on that Thursday. Maybe we can do a mini-meet before then in the DC area once it finally stops snowing. My car should be back from Ben in March.

Last edited:
The odds of a DC area NSX meet are very high. Pohanka is enthusiastic to provide us with a venue again this year after our previous events. I would like to time it such that a new NSX would be in the showroom and/or in attendance as that seems like a nice fit, so it may be a bit later in the year.

Orrr...

While this is a very interesting plan....and would be plenty of fun. I am thinking this might be the shortest distance between Point A...Wedding, to Point B...Divorce!

I'll see yall there!

I'll see yall there!

Where in NC are you located? Also, please PM me with your name and e-mail address for my NC/SC/VA roster of NSX owners.

Thanks, john Komar

I'm in! All the fuel issues on mine that popped up before the trip last year have been addressed with the new fuel pump.

Is the garden inn in Cary the hotel everyone is booking again?

I'm in! All the fuel issues on mine that popped up before the trip last year have been addressed with the new fuel pump.

Is the garden inn in Cary the hotel everyone is booking again?

Brian, yes. I have contacted the hotel and am arranging for a block of rooms there. I started a separate thread to get a list of those expecting to need rooms. Please add your name to this.

I am a maybe at this point. I will be returning from a trip overseas on 5/18.

Where in NC are you located? Also, please PM me with your name and e-mail address for my NC/SC/VA roster of NSX owners.

Thanks, john Komar

Ah, some things have changed and I won't be able to make it to the meet this year, and I hope yall have a great time and drive safe! I'm really glad I was able to go last year and meet all of y'all. I'll try to catch the one next year!

In other news, does anyone want to buy a 2011 supercharged Mustang GT or a 2014 Nissan GTR Track Edition?

Back