• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dtm tip

The CT gen 2 exhaust I'm using has no tips atm.

found these tiny lightweight dtm style.

Bought one to try out..waiting for the other.

Dig ?

3442sg2.jpg

aoaaw.jpg

o01oy1.jpg

259ai4h.jpg

Last edited:
Guess not lol.

Anyhow, tried to delete to save space but could not.

next subject lol:

How come nobody bought this (been on ebay for weeks)......

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 311
since opinions are free .... I don't think the dual tip look is bad...if it dose not make contact with the body work..looks like tubi from the back...

why in the old ebay and nothing to buy, everyone loves a good quality. same as when I bought the air conditioner ac car, I would definitely buy a good quality

Personally, I like the look .. which is not surprising because I have the old RM Racing exhaust with very similar DTM tips.

I like your tips better but oh man lol....

Couple of months ago I had the company that still has the jig (billy boat) build me one special..They hadn't built one for ages, and it showed.

much to heavy and more clamps than i thought...Junked it but I kept the tips if you ever need. the one in the last pic is out of spec though lol.

Thx for comps, the guy who came by to tack them on for me dug um also.

amplified things slightly..plus, when things start heating up condensation mist develops within .

Cat waste water puddles and spits out when cold lol.

ipctg7.jpg

2saz712.jpg

xptzxj.jpg
2d1ttnn.jpg

lol
2lsbfja.jpg

Last edited:
amplified things slightly..plus, when things start heating up condensation mist develops within .
Cat waste water puddles and spits out when cold lol.
Yes to both. Another issue is that on the RM/B&B, the two pipes are so close together that I'm always cleaning small rocks and sand out of the gap between them. The tips in your first post seem to have a bit of a gap so they should be better.

10-4 ,

So after tacking them on and running in stainless for a while, decided on black and removed, also for adjustment.

Nothing available in gloss over 500 degree's...but tips don't get that hot.

Used 500 degree gloss engine paint after sanding the shit out of them...looked great , chipped off easy.

Sent out for blasting and then Cerakote . Here some pics..... weld on shortly.

I murdered quite a few days doing this but the beauty of DYI is that you can get things as dead-on as possible.

last..now what am I going to do :biggrin:

15qqeck.jpg

27x3qqf.jpg

25uijvn.jpg

14uhvsg.jpg

Last edited:
Thx,

I almost left the inside raw stainless for contrast but they wanted extra to tape it plus lol..

wanted to see inside black..can remove myself and probably will cause I like the contrast.

Look great on Black I think cause the Cerakote is IMO very unigue sort of flat and contrasts well with any blk.

see here how with Photoshop we can bring out the contrast in the blacks much truer to how you would see in actuality with your own eyes.

33ylsie.jpg

Last edited:
Just happened upon your post. I like the DTM's. I had them on my car with the RM Racing Exhaust when I bought the car and loved them. The quad tips I currently have on the Pride V2 are nice, but not as good as what I had on the car. Too many of the big single tip exhausts out there so I like to be different. Here are photos of the car with the DTM tips when I bought the car and now with the Pride V2
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Retouched.jpg
    Retouched.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 59
  • No License.jpg
    No License.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Just happened upon your post. I like the DTM's. I had them on my car with the RM Racing Exhaust when I bought the car and loved them. The quad tips I currently have on the Pride V2 are nice, but not as good as what I had on the car. Too many of the big single tip exhausts out there so I like to be different. Here are photos of the car with the DTM tips when I bought the car and now with the Pride V2

Beautiful red one,

Both look good but I think I like the "pencil" tips better on your car.

I tried pencil also but was limited by muffler design and they stuck out to far.

RM tips look good , but the weight of truck parts.

do your calipers red ?

s

Beautiful red one,

Both look good but I think I like the "pencil" tips better on your car.

I tried pencil also but was limited by muffler design and they stuck out to far.

RM tips look good , but the weight of truck parts.

do your calipers red ?

s

Thanks!
Funny you should mention the calipers. They were painted red, but the paint was past it's prime so they are currently getting powder coated in Prismatic Astatic Red and Clear Vision top coat with black lettering. I should have them back from the shop tomorrow.

Thanks!
Funny you should mention the calipers. They were painted red, but the paint was past it's prime so they are currently getting powder coated in Prismatic Astatic Red and Clear Vision top coat with black lettering. I should have them back from the shop tomorrow.

Well ... let's see um.

Last edited:
LOL..they look so swell !

Even though there is far more wicked stuff these days, NSX parts will always be my favorite...just classic.

Install and Post.

LOL..they look so swell !

Even though there is far more wicked stuff these days, NSX parts will always be my favorite...just classic.

Install and Post.

Thanks. I would have liked big brakes but I had to stay within a budget. Since I bought the car in Feb 2015 it's been through some costly and some unexpected restoration. Just finished this past spring with major and costly maintenance stuff including an entirely new exhaust system and replacing a cylinder head that had a wiped out cam bearing. I'm now working on and just about finished with the stuff that was supposed to be on the top of the priority list, but got postponed. New leather, gauges, Accusump, side splitters, new windshield, minor dent and front lip repair, lots of suspension upgrades, and Stance air cups, just to name a few items.

Golly, It will be fun though.

In contrast, I've not much to do with only 14k lol..except these little custom touches .

The stock brakes are solid and perfectly matched to the car's stock capabilities.

Increasing power or track use is the only reason to upgrade.

What I did do when the car was at S.O.S. last year for timing belt and service, was add their steel brake lines Plus, have them install Gen 2 ABS system!!

Now , more solid , Highly recomended.

S

Last edited:
Back