• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock NA1 at Laguna Seca

Lol at the air freshener.....but whether you know it or not it could be a split second distraction enough to cause you an issue at speed.Your GF is an excellent track partner....lightweight and not nauseous....my wife could only handle 3 laps at Road Atlanta..

Nice video and driving!

Great video! Thanks for sharing - that got my heart pumping!

Thanks!

Lol at the air freshener.....but whether you know it or not it could be a split second distraction enough to cause you an issue at speed.Your GF is an excellent track partner....lightweight and not nauseous....my wife could only handle 3 laps at Road Atlanta..

Haha that's actually a magnetic phone mount, assuming you're talking about the round thing on the air vent. The red thing dangling from the mirror is a lucky charm/g-meter. :) Kidding, but you're right I should have removed them both.

My girlfriend did get nauseous after the 2nd session, hence why she magically disappears from the passenger seat halfway through the video.

yes I meant the mirror metronome..:wink:

Nice video. I have the same setup except for coilover. I didn't downshift on turn 5, 6, 7. I use 3rd gear all the way except for turn 11.

Do you have stock '91-94 gearing? I can't carry enough speed through turns 5, 6, 7 to prevent my rpms from falling below 5k in 3rd gear. I try keeping the engine above 5k wherever possible except for the corkscrew.

91 stock gearing with ZII tires 215/265, HP+ and Tein coilover. I found out it will take me more time down/up shifting between 5,6 and 7. My best time is 1:49.8

Maybe you can carry more corner speed with your tire/suspension setup. I tried keeping it in 3rd at turn 6 during my previous track day and was over 2 seconds slower.

There's another track weekend with SpeedSF at Laguna on 3/26 and 3/27. I may register for 3/27.

Nice video. I like the camera setup and split video!

Nice videos!

I have yet to find a good camera angle for my videos in cockpit mode. They all get overexposed with the bright surface and the sun effect.

Nice videos!

I have yet to find a good camera angle for my videos in cockpit mode. They all get overexposed with the bright surface and the sun effect.

I turn on Spot Metering on my GoPro, which is suction cupped to the rear window. That way if you line up the center point of the video on the front windshield, the exposure will auto-adjust to account for sunlight. It will make the interior (especially black leather) darker and harder to see but I prefer that to overexposure. Using Medium FOV helps too. Wide is just way too wide.

I turn on Spot Metering on my GoPro, which is suction cupped to the rear window. That way if you line up the center point of the video on the front windshield, the exposure will auto-adjust to account for sunlight. It will make the interior (especially black leather) darker and harder to see but I prefer that to overexposure. Using Medium FOV helps too. Wide is just way too wide.

Great tip - thanks! I will try it out this weekend.

I have a gopro 3 black with external Mic.

Great tip - thanks! I will try it out this weekend.

I have a gopro 3 black with external Mic.

In my video I was using a Hero 4 Silver on the rear window and Hero 3 Black + external mic facing backwards inside the front windshield. Both set to 1080p30 with Medium FOV. Hope this helps!

Great videos - thanks for posting! What kind of editing software do you use?Are you on stock rotors and pads? How did they hold up?

Great videos - thanks for posting! What kind of editing software do you use?Are you on stock rotors and pads? How did they hold up?

I use Sony Vegas Pro. Not the industry standard but I'm used to it and it does everything I need.

Stock rotors, Hawk HP+ pads. They didn't fade much even by the 6th session, but they don't have a whole lot of bite and stopping distances were lacking.

Back