• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should i be concerned running in a new motor with a turbo?

I've been looking at the oil system and how the oil feed flows to the turbo.

It seems a oil sandwich plate or the oil pressure switch is all unfiltered oil just before it reaches the filter.

So my turbo feed coming from a T from the pressure switch to the turbo is actually unfiltered. Like most Single setups.

If i was running in a new engine, should i be concerned of the initial bedding in and wear going through my turbo?

Effectively that being said, boosting a Nsx actually bypasses a percentage of oil from the filter each cycle back in to the pan. Not really given it much thought before.

In which i might invest in a proper good magnetic pan plug, i've seen some extreme ones. maybe some oil filter magnets also.

I bought two of them for sensors, when the motor is installed you can't see where they actually go vs the SOS images on their site. So plumbed in the sensor else where, good shout though.

When the motor comes out i can have these installed for my feed.

Any idea what length hose i would need? and fittings?

I know you can buy kits in pre cut lengths from Vibrant and i believe Earls and Russells may do them.

I bought two of them for sensors, when the motor is installed you can't see where they actually go vs the SOS images on their site. So plumbed in the sensor else where, good shout though.

When the motor comes out i can have these installed for my feed.

Any idea what length hose i would need? and fittings?

I know you can buy kits in pre cut lengths from Vibrant and i believe Earls and Russells may do them.

You'll need around 40"-44" to go from the head. To Tee off of the oil filter housing you'll need 24"-28" depending on how you do it. I used a 5" line off of the housing to a tee, one end has the OEM Sendor, the other goes to the turbo. The sender is mounted with a stay bracket to the filter housing top.

Going off the head while is a good source, is ridiculously difficult to get to, and there is no reason to subject a hose to the heat of the headers and have a super long route when you can have a short route away from heat on the filter housing. If you are concerned about filtration, put an inline 4an filter in before the turbo.

Back