• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car phone beep when starting up

Anyone have this issue - 92' nsx with factory cell phone. When I start the car or turn the key into the "on" position, I will get a beep from my center speaker, with the beep sounding like a button on a touchtone phone. The strange part is that I disconnected the cell phone components (phone physically removed) almost a year ago and never heard this beep until recently. Center speaker was working fine during that time and is still working great when I listen to the radio. Car was serviced prior to the start of the beeping, but no service was done on the interior, only transmission related. Is it possible a plug got "reattached?" Can you disconnect all the cell phone components, without loosing the center speaker?

Problem solved! While replacing the main relay, I had the back speaker cover removed. I found the following Motorola module - the little box with 3 green and 1 white plugs going into it. After some trial and error, I unplugged all the connections except the top green plug. The "beep" is now disconnected, but I still retain volume from the back speaker when listening to music. If the top green plug is unplugged, it will disconnect the back speaker from the radio. Hope this is helpful to someone!

attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx-carphonemodule.jpg
    nsx-carphonemodule.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 180
I have this beep also but it never bothered me enough (yet) to find a solution. Thanks for figuring this one out! Do you still have the phone by chance? Looking to pick one up.

Back