• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how do you find replacment parts for worn rear upper ball joints?

Just bought a gorgeous black '96 with Science of Speed/Comtech supercharger/intercooler. On the way home from picking it up (had to drive it about 200 miles) it started making a funny noise in the rear end. Dropped it off at an Acura dealer...they were ecstatic, most of them had never seen one! They found it needed new cvc/halfshafts and rear upper ball joints. They found the cvc/halfshafts, but can't find the ball joints, OEM or otherwise. Anyone have advice for a first-time owner who lives in the middle of nowhere?

I am answering my own post. I have been searching the forums (I am a newbie) and found a solution to the rear ball joint problem. Apparently, there is a forum member, Steve Ghent (SMGNSX), who will rebuild ball joints. Now I need to know how to reach Steve. Any idea? And, are there other solutions out there?

Last edited:
I got lucky recently and my ball joint nuts were just loosened after lowering the car. But like old guy says, Honda forces you to buy a new control arm assembly to fix it. Or,,,, you can remove them and have aftermarket replacement pressed in.

Back