• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Concern about NSX Marketing Program

Ha ha. Fair enough-- as long as you find one willing to take your order for delivery in the reasonable future. I suppose not totally unlike the NSX situation in theory, and yet still a bit different in practice.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I made five phone calls (several months ago) and found a local (SF bay Area) dealer willing to sell me their first NSX slot at MSRP. And no one laughed at me. Somehow I think if I made five calls to inquire about getting a 488 at MSRP for summer delivery I would get five chuckles along with five friendly offers to sell me a low mileage used 458 for very close (or above) MSRP. :)

Yes. As long as you are in the "circle" with your participating dealer, you buy the new Ferrari at MSRP. As to how one can be in the circle, one of the ways is what you've described: Willing to buy a slightly used Ferrari in the showroom in order to gain a spot on the new car ordering list. This is certainly NOT the only way. Also, the slightly used Ferrari that one likely needs to buy may or may not be at sticker. Another way is that one may be asked to order a new, but a lesser desirable Ferrari (namely their v12 4 seater) at sticker before one can be placed on the list for the more desirable Ferraris at MSRP. Again, there are many circumstances relative to how one can get a new Ferrari at MSRP. The central theme is that dealers will try to cater to their existing loyal clients first with their more sought after cars at MSRP. Dealers will also try to cultivate new clients who are not in their circle by offering a spot on the list in hopes that these newer clients will turn into loyal, repeat customers....

JD

That is what I am saying

The dealership owners (let's say there are a few folks who jointly own the dealership) order one for owner A, take delivery and order one for owner B, take delivery, etc...

They can pile up inventory that way

Back