• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon fiber interior trim lacking?

A little disappointed with the lack of the carbon fiber trim in the NSX. The only truly visible area is the brake and accelerator pedals, dash cowl, and the parts of the steering wheel.
I think that's not very much carbon fiber for a $200k supercar. What about the dash? What about the gear selector?

In your builds- would you opt for the carbon fiber interior trim that is being offered?

I present to you the most un-supercar like 458 interior ever: no carbon fiber, no alcantara, and no diamond stitching! Is Ferrari trying to avoid being cliche or do they want their car to be mistaken for a Fiat?

ferrari-458-italia-interior-2.jpg

BB, that is obviously the base F car.

I believe the OP is pointing out that the CF for the new NSX has a kind of after thought feel to it (just tacked on here and there).

When you see how the F car looks with CF, Alcantara and some of the additional customization available, you do not say this is an after thought.

I personally think that if the NSX 2 were to have carbon in the interior at the level of the McLarens or a LaFerrari, it would feel like a facade that did not really represent the car's identity. Those hypercars that have a primarily carbon chassis are right to continue using it as a theme in the interior because it fits with the engineering theme of the car. Giving the NSX a carbon cockpit through and through, in my opinion, would feel fake and cheapen the car's engineering honesty. The car is made largely of aluminum, so the aluminum dash frame matches it's bones, and seems more true to itself.

Back