• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any dealers making actual orders with factory yet?

The configurator just sends the info to the dealer as a sales lead. The dealer may call that an "order," but is not a firm order associated with a particular allocation / build slot / production schedule.

Anyone have information on the timing of "real orders" and expected delivery timing of customer-configured cars?

One dealer I spoke with received one of the early allocation "openings" and ordered a car. The guy thinks delivery will be in May.

That being said, Acura hasn't even communicated when production will begin or how many cars a day/week they will churn out.

The guy thinks delivery will be in May.

I think May is more realistic for start of production of ordered cars (with first deliveries in late June / early July).

A dealer told me that the first cars to be built/delivered will be factory-configured showroom demo cars (one per qualified dealership). Who knows. Solid info seems hard to come by. Weird that they would open up the configurator without any transparency on first orders / first deliveries.

chrisn

I had heard that about factory speced cars being dropped on dealers.

That approach was ditched and all the cars are being built to order.

Some dealers are taking their first allocations for themselves and some of these will be showroom cars.

At this point the dealers don't even know if Acura will provide test drives (like at a track).

Last edited:
I heard from someone that talked with the engineer of Acura who are testing the car said that the delivery will be in April/May.

I heard from someone that talked with the engineer of Acura who are testing the car said that the delivery will be in April/May.

I hope you're right but since no customer orders have been submitted, April would be tough. Not sure about Acura in particular, it typically takes a 2-3 weeks just for ground transport from a U.S. factory.... Maybe they'll allow factory delivery!

Orders have been submitted.

My understanding is that a subset of NSX dealers (50 is the number that has been floating around) had their initial allocations opened for ordering.

The order had to be placed by last Friday or the allocation would be withdrawn.

One dealer I spoke with confirmed that they ordered a car (for the owner of the dealership).

My dealer was not in that first group and I asked my sales guy to update me when they are able to place their first order (I have their third allocation).

According to my information:

1. Ordering is staggered, such that not all dealers are ordering their first car at the same time. Dealerships cannot place orders until invited to do so by Acura.

2. Production will begin in April.

3. All dealers will be allowed to order their first car before any dealers can order their second car.

4. There are no mandatory factory spec'd floor samples. Rather, all cars are custom ordered by the dealerships.

5. The dealership need not have a specific customer attached to an order. Rather, the dealerships are allowed to order spec cars.

Last edited:
Thanks Superfluous

Regarding our point 5, my understanding is that the dealer will not get a second car until that spec car is sold.

It is unclear if they will not be able to place the second order prior to sale of the first car or if they will not be allowed to take delivery of the second car until the sale of the first car.

I hope you're right but since no customer orders have been submitted, April would be tough. Not sure about Acura in particular, it typically takes a 2-3 weeks just for ground transport from a U.S. factory.... Maybe they'll allow factory delivery!
I think it will be in April or May the latest since June is already counted as summer.

I think it will be in April or May the latest since June is already counted as summer.

I just assumed that a 2017 car would come out in summer, even if they "introduce it" in the Spring. Is there official word that volume deliveries are expected in the Spring?

In all honestly, since I think this is a car whose overall performance on the track could be either much more or much less than the "sum of its parts" (much like the GT-R), I'd feel a lot better if we had more objective/instrumented results along with subjective impressive from pro drivers before I had to commit.

Thanks Superfluous

Regarding our point 5, my understanding is that the dealer will not get a second car until that spec car is sold.

It is unclear if they will not be able to place the second order prior to sale of the first car or if they will not be allowed to take delivery of the second car until the sale of the first car.

From our dealer here they were allotted a certain number of cars. If you have one built, they will take your order based on that allotment to see if they can build your car in its place. Not sure if this floats or not but it was something.

I just read a magazine from Taiwan that have an article about the new NSX, and they said that it will come out on March. Any source close to Acura/Honda to confirm?

We should know more officail info in a week or so

I just read a magazine from Taiwan that have an article about the new NSX, and they said that it will come out on March. Any source close to Acura/Honda to confirm?

GM's (not sure if all, a first batch, or most) are attending a "Town Hall" meeting in Ohio next week.
Hopefully they will be asking a lot of questions their buyers have been giving them and learn a lot of Real/Useful Data.
Mine hopes to get more real official) answers vs many teases, hints, assumptions, and/or vague run around as seen to date.
We should try to contact them after the dust settles ... say following Monday ( 3/21) to see what they learned and are empowered to release to their clients and/or public.

I just assumed that a 2017 car would come out in summer, even if they "introduce it" in the Spring.
In the United States, a 2017 model year car can be sold as early as January 1, 2016. Obviously that didn't happen with the NSX, but that's the constraint, not summer.

My dealer received the ok to order their first one

They are being extra careful and asked the buyer to come in to confirm the build

At this point they do not have the target delivery date

My dealer received the ok to order their first one

They are being extra careful and asked the buyer to come in to confirm the build

At this point they do not have the target delivery date

Ditto here. I just got back from confirming everything and putting 10% down on my dealer's first allocation.

Last edited:
Very cool chrisn

Did they have a target delivery date?

Dealer has no clue. I had convinced myself that maybe late May was possible, but Superfluous has schooled me in another thread and now I think maybe late June is more realistic. All depends on how fast they ramp to full production and some luck of the draw in terms of where my color (Blue) falls in the production rotation.

^good (if expensive) color choice!

GMTA! Love your avatar car. I'm kind of obsessed with that blue-- and I like that it seems to be a"poster boy" color of the new model. I currently have ~2,535HP worth of other cars in (approximately) that blue-- soon to be 3,100HP I guess!

Last edited:
GMTA! Love your avatar car. I'm kind of obsessed with that blue-- and I like that it seems to be a"poster boy" color of the new model. I currently have ~2,535HP worth of other cars in (approximately) that blue-- soon to be 3,100HP I guess!

Your usernamer should have been Blueman or something haha.

MUPageBlueGrp1.jpg

My dealer reached out today to let me know the guy who was first wants to wait a few months and I moved up to the first allocation.

He sent me a Hondaweb generated build/ process stages sheet.

He needs 48 hours to finalize with the other guy but things are looking up for a May/June delivery

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the stages:

Accepted
Trim locked
EC/IC locked
FIF locked
All configurations locked
Factory order confirmed
On-order
Assigned
Shipped
On-hand