• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Navpod Upgrade Request: Please post your setup as well as why you chose this route...

I am looking to put one in mine and I would like to understand the pros and cons of doing this. And, if it is even necessary given the double din setups that are on the market as well as the special consoles being produced by our vendors.

Much thanks in advance.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/188338-NAV-system-help-need-info
This is my setup. I did a lot of research before I decided on this Alpine system. I wanted to keep my stock radio with everything working and have a clean OEM look. DD units require a lot of changes to the dash but offer a lot more features. All have pros and cons so take your time and do some research before buying anything. Good luck

Here is the write up for my set up. I love it and there are no negatives. It really updates the interior  http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Technology-Refresh-Project-(picture-intensive!)

Exactly what I went with (but with 2nd gen tablet) and could not be happier!
DAD1896E-2C15-4454-8D02-891D17E17175.jpg

Here is what I did. Depo racing boost and fuel gauge with high power led light wired to a Zublin smart shift. All adorned in carbon fiber.
https://youtu.be/MXdJ7CLeJjg

- - - Updated - - -

I went back and fourth on the nav pod. But compared to my ugly clock set up, it was the way to go. Really updates the interior. FYI, the shift light goes off long before redline when in gear. Just different when parked. I have about 2 seconds to shift after the light illuminates.

- - - Updated - - -

I gotta thank Wade from SOS for selling me this nav pod brand new for 160 dollars when purchasing my Advan wheels. They hook it up on larger orders...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I cannot forget Gary W for selling me his old zublin.... Much thanks brother!

Last edited:
I did a Pioneer AppRadio 4 (SPH-DA120).
Gives me:
Nav via apple car play
Rear Camera
iPod integration
Phone bluetooth & wired

the only hard part was separating the screen from the rest of the unit and remote mounting the 'CPU' part.

love the upgrade works seamlessly

Last edited:
I did a Pioneer AppRadio 4 (SPH-DA120).
Gives me:
Nav via apple car play
Rear Camera
iPod integration
Phone bluetooth & wired

the only hard part was separating the screen from the rest of the unit and remote mounting the 'CPU' part.

love the upgrade works seamlessly

That's pretty cool. Do you know the screen resolution? Have any pics?

That's pretty cool. Do you know the screen resolution? Have any pics?

Here you go...Oh and the other hard part was finding a 60 pin flat ribbon cable with a .5mm spacing 60in long.
20151010_081607_679.jpgIMG_5417.jpgIMG_5430.jpgIMG_5432.jpgIMG_5433.jpgIMG_5415.jpgIMG_5416.jpg

I put the shortened "CPU" in a custom enclosure just below the glove compartment. It reduces the passenger "toe space" by 3 inches

It's just the top three that I monitor. the other two are for diagnostics if faults occur.

Yeah I don't particularly like oem and the centre console came to me in such a bad state there was no going back :)

The gauge pod was custom made to the shape of the nsx dash so whilst not oem. It's a lot smaller and flows a lot better than the oem nav pod. Which is huge and sticks out like a sore thumb :)

Yeah the oem nav pod is pretty darn huge. I wanted to do the route ks pod but I like my air conditioning...Any other pictures?

Yeah the oem nav pod is pretty darn huge. I wanted to do the route ks pod but I like my air conditioning...Any other pictures?

Yeah I was going to go with the is impact one but it ends up being about 3 times the price with the import taxes I have to pay. Sure thing bud :)

I didn't wanna drill the dash, hence the cable coming out the side (wanted to make sure I could go back to stock at any time) I wouldn't have even attempted this if it wasnt for the fact it came butchered from japan (it was seriously a mess)

Much props for all the creativity on this thread, some very nice installs here!

In our first try to make the Apple iPad mini work with the JDM NAV POD, we built a housing with a magnetic trim ring to remove the iPad mini when not in use. The original design served the purpose but made it slightly too big. We are going to make a second attempt with no trim ring so this should save a lot of size/space and make it smaller.

Our DD headunit is trimmed in one of our custom dash trim pieces that reduces glare to make it readable.

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_Clarion_Builds_Acura_NSX_28-1200x800.jpg

We did the a SoS nav pod in our car too and utilized the LCD for our Surround Eye 360-degree camera system that gives complete visibility around the car. Excellent for entering driveways and parking spots!

View attachment 145016

We did the a SoS nav pod in our car too and utilized the LCD for our Surround Eye 360-degree camera system that gives complete visibility around the car. Excellent for entering driveways and parking spots!

Do you have pics of where you installed the cameras for the Surround Eye?

View attachment 145016

Can anyone provide details as to how the SOS screen mounts to the Navpod? Looking through various DIYs with Garmins or Tablets folks seem to be using silicon and I'm wondering if there's a better way? How does the stock NAV screen mount? Any help is appreciated.

Back