• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

reviews are out

i don't mind if you like Leno or not, for whatever reasons you may or may not have. you haven't offended me at all.

my point is simply that he's very qualified to have an opinion on just about any car ever made, because he has most likely driven every car ever made. including the old and new NSX...
I can agree with that.

So, upgrade your shifters' and interior materials Honda...

Indeed - a bit of 'fly in the ointment' on an otherwise desirable car. Pity, because attention to detail in such a car should have been without question, but Honda/Acura don't have any real pedigree for really classy, quality interiors. Maybe the bean-counters were getting too worried about development budget blow-out and ended up exerting a little too much influence on the final product.

Indeed - a bit of 'fly in the ointment' on an otherwise desirable car. Pity, because attention to detail in such a car should have been without question, but Honda/Acura don't have any real pedigree for really classy, quality interiors. Maybe the bean-counters were getting too worried about development budget blow-out and ended up exerting a little too much influence on the final product.

Yes, the clicking from the shifters should should like a sword being sheath or drawn, NOT plastic clacking around. They should take some time to refine that mechanism and emulate a sharper sound. I can't imagine it would be that hard. Perhaps even a separate speaker to enhance the sound as the brakes and steering are already emulated electronically.

All of the reviews are sound good so far. I can't wait for the comparison tho.

A pleasant dialogue oriented review in Portland OR

It could be a production car owned by Acura, I couldn't make out the plaque in the video

The passenger appears to be an Acura employee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sC1cPSogD4

Nice tidbit about the emotor's cooling system needing to be larger than the ICE's cooling system in proportion. It seems that these emotors are proving their novelty tho.

yup! :biggrin:

i'll reserve judgment until i drive it myself mate. i never said it'll be a bad car, but i don't think it'll match up to some of the others. regardless, opinions are all relative...

yup! :biggrin:

i'll reserve judgment until i drive it myself mate. i never said it'll be a bad car, but i don't think it'll match up to some of the others. regardless, opinions are all relative...

There you are! Bout time you responded to my needling lol.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just tell me that you will go into it with an open mind - and not just not having a prejudgment about the car but also to be open to a new approach to the super car formula.

Do you know the mate that did the review by chance?

Having lived in WA for a year I appreciate straightforward Aussie talk.
Always to the point.

Really? When and where? :)

Orelia 2003
Great year
Drove a Ute from Kununurra to Perth for a friend.
Enjoyed Margaret River, visited Kal several times
I had an 85 BMW R80RT for transportation, rode it to Sydney and shipped myself and the bike back to Vancouver at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Good ole down town Orelia!

You wouldn't recognize that area, or even Perth nowadays, a lot has transpired since 2003!! :)

Riding the R80RT across the Nullabor would have been an experience! Not only having to look out and dodge for plague proportions of 'Roos, but camels and Wedge Tail eagles sitting on the road picking up pieces of road kill.....

I visited Vancouver in 2010, lovely country. Reds lacked a little bit of punch for my tastes [surprise, surprise], although the best red I tasted in that Canada/USA trip was one from southern BC funnily enough. But it could have been helped by the ambience and company sitting in a little sub-subterranean restaurant in Victoria? Speaking of Victoria, it felt eerily like home to me at the time.

There you are! Bout time you responded to my needling lol.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just tell me that you will go into it with an open mind - and not just not having a prejudgment about the car but also to be open to a new approach to the super car formula.

Do you know the mate that did the review by chance?

sorry, been busy lately.

as i said, i will reserve judgment until i actually drive the car myself. i have no qualms with the "new approach to the Supercar formula" as you've deemed it, more so Honda's fairly typical and standard design theory of making their vehicles "just good enough" as opposed to all conquering. we'll see how the NSX matches up in direct head-to-head comparos with its foes. i'm fairly indifferent towards it and most of the others honestly, i couldn't be arsed one way or another. as i've said before, it won't be a bad car. it should be a very good one...

p.s. as for the bloke doing the review, no idea who he is?

The ride across Australia is a great memory.
Dodging Roos, road trains, emus and several roadside repairs.
At the Australian Bight.jpg

Now back to NSX reviews :smile:

Not sure who other cars/drivers were, but he reported on the video that the NSX was the fastest AutoX car. Not bad for fat hybrid. AWD and low-end torque seem to be paying off in that context.

well, it seems the other Aussies like it. i'll let you know how i feel about it when i have a go.

surprisingly, once again a tester mentioned that the car was better to drive in automatic mode than manually with the paddles. that's been said a few different times now, and i find that a very peculiar thing to say about a Supercar... :confused:

Back