• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are terms of 2017 NSX Warranty?

would love to see what the regular maintenance schedule looks like also....

I sent my dealer a request for warranty info today

He had reached out to let me know that I moved up from number 3 to number 2 as they had a buyer with money issues

Thanks Chrisn

i got kind hosed by my original dealer as I was number 1 with them for over a year

When we got into February I learned that one of the owners wanted the first car and they were looking for market adjustments

I am much happier with the folks I found out of state

Their first car will be number 160 off the line

Their first allocation is expected to open up in the next wave from Acura

If the line pops out 8 cars a day, 4 days a week (32 cars a week) their first car will be built during production week 5

We still need to know stuff like when production starts if it hasn't already and how many dealers are in the NSX program

I also wonder if the dealer order will change for each allocation (ex. Car 160 for allocation 1 and Car 45 for allocation 2)

Here's my recommendation for the guys looking to get on the list early and not get raped on the markups. Keep in mind Acura has no legal ability to prevent a markup. Also, each state is slightly different.

Each dealer will be given an allocation. Each dealer may have a waiting of 100+ people but they will only be able to sell what they are allocated. If you're farther down the list you will likely be SOL. You are not guaranteed an NSX. To get the best deal, it is best to find an obscure dealer in the middle of no where and buy one of their allocation.

4 yr/50K per my dealer. Allocation is 1 car for every authorized dealer. Number of allocation is then dependent upon number of "supercar" registrations. Unclear what qualifies as a "supercar" registration. astly, some degree of national coverage so the cars aren't all allocated to CA, FL, NY etc.

I second what RYU commented on regarding allocation tactics.

My Chicagoland dealer turned into a problem and I had to go hunting.

I found a more out of the way dealer (in another state) who is at MSRP and grabbed their third spot. Along the way I spoke with dealers with as few as 2 allocations and as many as 5.

As luck would have it, today I found out that the guy who was second had issues with dough and now I am second in line.

All dealers will receive their first allocation before any second allocations are delivered. The first allocations are being handled in batches/groups, based on the volume of the individual dealers. The first group of dealers have already placed their first allocation orders, and those cars may be delivered as early as June or July. The second, third, fourth and fifth groups will place their initial allocation orders during the next couple of months, and will receive their first cars in July, August and September.

Once the first allocations are delivered, all bets are off. Certain dealers will receive more cars, at a faster pace, than other dealers. Thus, if you have a second allocation at a low volume dealer, your car may not be delivered until the end of the year or next year. Likewise, if you have a third or fourth allocation at a dealer that only has two allocations for the first year, your wait may be even longer. On the other hand, if you have a third allocation at a high volume dealer with several first year allocations, you may see your car sooner.

Unfortunately, some of the highest volume dealers, who will receive the most allocations, are located in areas -- e.g., Southern California and South Florida -- where uninformed, impulsive buyers with too much cash are abundant, and these dealers are more likely to demand premiums because their local customer base will freely pay the premiums. Thus, finding a dealer that can get a car within a reasonable time frame, but not rape you on price, is no easy task. When my first two deals fell through, I literally contacted almost every dealer in the US. I worked my a** off to find a first allocation at MSRP. At the time, only two were available in the entire country. Thereafter, one of the two breached our agreement and demanded a premium. Thus, I am now on my fourth dealer, and hopefully my last. So far, they have been great! That said, they are 3,000 miles away and I will have to transport the car across the country (Acura will not allow a local dealer to PDI the car, nor permit factory pick-up).

The amount of time I have spent on this endeavor is mind numbing.

About Mte.???

would love to see what the regular maintenance schedule looks like also....

Aside from normal wear and tear (mileage based), I wouldn't be surprised it there is added forced work (initially covered)... like my GT-R.
However, if they do that, I'm hoping for more tech/engineering basis/logic behind it than what Nissan did.
With the GT-R, there were a number of things covered by Nissan... for 1'st 3 yrs. (oil changes etc. n/a so I did my own). The car had to be inspected and adjusted (if/as needed) each time... such as wheel alignments, engine balance (it runs like two parallel 3 cylinders so they want to make sure work is evenly shared between the two sides), tranny clutches, brakes, and not sure what else. Problem I had with it was I was not driving much nor the heck out of the car ... say 2 - 3 kmi /yr. as it was/is not my only Toy. So it was getting free Nissan servicing for things which hadn't really settled yet or that much. A Total waste of Money (Nissan's) and Techs time with essentially zero benefit to me, or Nissan for learning anything useful. Each time check there was *little if any adjustment needed...*beyond those from TSB improvements. Even the Master Tech felt it made no sense the way if was provided. What would have made proper engineering (and Customer PR) sense is those checks and "balances" (so to speak) should have been on a mileage basis vs strict 12 months regardless of usage. As such I felt they did me (as well as themselves) a big disservice.

I'm hoping the NSX will get some similar Acura covered checks and balances so they learn. But if they are to do it right (vs " Never Take a Short Cut' as publicized in commercials) for their more useful learning and proper Customer appreciation, it really needs to be mileage based for either to really benefit. We'll see.:rolleyes::wink:

The conclusion I've reached after talking to a number of dealers is they are all struggling with the launch.
Everyone seems to have a different strategy.
Most admit, while they've had interest in new Acura models before, they've always had unlimited production available, so wait times were about the only issue to deal with.

With the NSX, Honda is carefully allocating cars, confirming sales, allocating more cars and so on.
The dealers advise they've all got wait lists but have no idea how meaningful they are.
Some on wait lists are confirming, others are passing, new people are expressing interest etc.

All comment it's a shot in the dark for everyone, and Honda is trying to, step by step, build a confirmed order file against expected production.
Honda is doing all they can to avoid any hint of unsold production, and all expect a continuation of the orderly future allocation process.
At this point actual factory daily production is unknown, so if the start-up goes slow, forward allocations will reflect this.

As well some dealers are going for the moon on resale price, while others are selling at MSRP.
The MSRP sellers are saying they want to sell their allocations quickly and be requesting more cars to build credibility and allocations.
They suggest dealers asking for "market adjustments" may meet resistance or lose buyers to other dealers at MSRP and the "market adjustment" approach may backfire in the long run.

The sun belt dealer start-up allocations make sense as Honda wants the early cars out and on the road as soon as possible and not sitting in a garage waiting for spring to arrive.

So up to this point it's seems to have been hard work for customers and dealers alike.

Last edited:
Hopefully we may all know a bit more actual/concrete info soon. As I mentioned in a different topic area recently, there is a BIG Town Hall meeting (for GMs) going on this week (like now I'm guessing) . But I'm not sure if it is 1 of several planned, or for all dealers at once. I'd assume the all in one. My GM is hoping to have some solid info for me when he returns. We'll see. I'll pass on what I learn if useful and hope others with close dealer ties can do same so we get more understanding on what is REALLY what.

My dealer, fresh from Ohio training, said the NSX will have the standard Acura 4 year / 50K mile warranty, but the detailed legal warranty will have some TBD disclaimers/carve-outs for track use. The details are still being hammered out (or at least are not being shared with dealers yet).

So the devil will be in the details.

My dealer, fresh from Ohio training, said the NSX will have the standard Acura 4 year / 50K mile warranty, but the detailed legal warranty will have some TBD disclaimers/carve-outs for track use. The details are still being hammered out (or at least are not being shared with dealers yet).

So the devil will be in the details.

Its beyond belief Acura haven't even nutted out warranty yet.

You sure this covers the NSX comprehensively? This document just denies coverage for "racing, competition and misuse" which is not the same as friendly HPDE track events.
Perhaps the NSX-specific stuff is covered in separate riders/disclaimers each beginning with "Notwithstanding the comprehensive standard warranty terms......"

Not sure at all it covers the NSX comprehensively.
I was responding to NSX-SA's comment that Honda is still working on the warranty so I pointed out that Honda Canada has published a 2017 warranty.

Not sure at all it covers the NSX comprehensively.
I was responding to NSX-SA's comment that Honda is still working on the warranty so I pointed out that Honda Canada has published a 2017 warranty.

Sorry i meant to refer to the NSX.

Back