• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a 91-97 NSX in Canada to buy

Hi,

I'm looking at buying an early model NSX in Canada. With the current exchange rate, I don't see a point in going to the states to buy one. I am not interested in a red car. I would prefer a clean title. I will consider any amount of Kms for the right price. My max budget is $40,000. I am willing to travel anywhere in the country to pick it up. Please contact me if you are selling or know of anyone selling.

Thank you,
Patrick

a clean titled $40k nsx just doesn't exist anymore I'm afraid. There's a '91 in the trader going for $59k so that should tell you right away what these special vehicles are going for. I myself got priced out of the market after family squabbles which made me delay my purchase. Then it seemed overnight the values sky rocketed and they became extremely rare. Current owners know their value and are hanging onto their cars. To find a clean title one for $40k I'm afraid is near impossible. So if your max budget can be increased by 20-30k, then maybe you can attain one.

That black on black above is beautiful. I'm pretty sure the price is USD.

The boat has long left for bargain priced NSXs, good luck.

a clean titled $40k nsx just doesn't exist anymore I'm afraid...it seemed overnight the values sky rocketed and they became extremely rare. Current owners know their value and are hanging onto their cars.

Simon, you have hit the nail on the head...well said ...as current Owners know what they have in their garage!

The original price of a 2002 NSX was $89,000. But I found a bargain for you on Kijiji.ca: Its a 2002 in the Markham region for $80,000, about 1 dollar for every Kilometer driven. Good Luck!!

Patrick,

Anyone that knows what they have is crazy to sell right now. I looked for 2 years and when i jumped in I never blinked and bought mine for 42k CND a year ago and I do nothing but watch the price rise. I estimate my value after one year to be 55-65k and I wont sell for years. I can have all the joy i need just to walk past it in the garage after waiting 24 years to get my hands on a 1991.

FB

I have a black '91 in Vancouver - automatic, just under 150K. Major service (including timing belt) done a few weeks ago. Clean Carfax and Insurance claims - Canadian car - with service records going back to 2001.

Thank you everyone for your input. I didn't realize that they had gone up so much in price. I started saving a couple years ago in hopes of buying one but unfortunately my max budget is at 40k. It's not looking good for owning my dream car now. Thank you Dayve for telling me about your car but unfortunately if I were to buy the nsx it would have to be standard. I forgot to mention that in the first post. I will keep looking but it's not looking good.

Patrick

Thank you everyone for your input. I didn't realize that they had gone up so much in price. I started saving a couple years ago in hopes of buying one but unfortunately my max budget is at 40k. It's not looking good for owning my dream car now. Thank you Dayve for telling me about your car but unfortunately if I were to buy the nsx it would have to be standard. I forgot to mention that in the first post. I will keep looking but it's not looking good.

Patrick

Are you ok with higher mileage? you can still buy one with 180-220k kms in the $40K range. It may have some delayed maintenance, but the most important part is the T/B job and that should not exceed $2,000 with the water pump and even the tensioner replacement

Are you ok with higher mileage? you can still buy one with 180-220k kms in the $40K range. It may have some delayed maintenance, but the most important part is the T/B job and that should not exceed $2,000 with the water pump and even the tensioner replacement

BBBBBBBut it can add up, water coolant hoses, oil cooler hoses, timing cover gaskets and its one of those you do it once and you do it right.... getting things at my cost and im still getting bum hurt.

I have a 1991 Black/Ivory NSX with 115,000 miles. It is a standard. It was originally from Virginia before I imported it. I have had it for 6 years. I was going to ask 32K Canadian. I have all the service records. It is one year away from the required timing belt/water pump interval. It isn't pristine. A few paint chips and the ivory carpet is a bit stained. But it is all stock except I have put on Bilstein's and have them on the lower perch. I upgraded to 1995 16/17 wheels and I have the JDM rear tail lights. I have all the original parts if you wanted to go back to completely stock.

From what I am seeing here that price is probably a bit low. But, I am on the fence whether I want to sell or not. I will probably sell it when my Focus RS comes in, but I have no idea when that is will be. I hear the demand is pretty high on the RS so I am not sure when I will get mine.

Just putting it out there. The car is in Winnipeg.

Dwayne

Last edited:
I have a 1991 Black/Ivory NSX with 115,000 miles. It is a standard. It was originally from Virginia before I imported it. I have had it for 6 years. I was going to ask 32K Canadian. I have all the service records. It is one year away from the required timing belt/water pump interval. It isn't pristine. A few paint chips and the ivory carpet is a bit stained. But it is all stock except I have put on Bilstein's and have them on the lower perch. I upgraded to 1995 16/17 wheels and I have the JDM rear tail lights. I have all the original parts if you wanted to go back to completely stock.

From what I am seeing here that price is probably a bit low. But, I am on the fence whether I want to sell or not. I will probably sell it when my Focus RS comes in, but I have no idea when that is will be. I hear the demand is pretty high on the RS so I am not sure when I will get mine.

Dwayne

PM'd you...

Dwayne

Sounds like a smoking deal IMO! considering that you have ALL your stock parts

and sounds like its a very good base for some mild TLC i dont think anyone will find a price close to that if its a clean title and no accidents.

Sounds like a smoking deal IMO! considering that you have ALL your stock parts

and sounds like its a very good base for some mild TLC i dont think anyone will find a price close to that if its a clean title and no accidents.

Agreed. Sounds like a great deal with the current market condition for these cars.

Last edited:
Faron, you should know better, that...it came with DRL, and speedo in KPH, temp reading in C and some French stickers...wait trying to figure out what else....this may take a while....

Last edited:
Back