• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KW suspension : should I go V3 or Clubsport ?

Hi everyone !

As my future NSX is about to be delivered... I've already started buying parts to build it... and right now...
I'm debating which coilovers I should buy ! Well... I'm located in Belgium, Western Europe... and so...
Only 1 brand of fully adjustable coilovers are street legal and... it's KW !

So... My choice is limited to the 2 KW models : the V3 ( Variant 3 ) and the Clubsport !

So, I wanted to ask you primers, who's using those coilovers with their NSX and... What's your experience ?
Which model would you recommend ??? All comments and experience sharings are welcome !

Thanks !

Regis.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 3,883
  • spp-52g.jpg
    spp-52g.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 3,850
Last edited:
Long road trips in the summer + a few track events ! From what I can read, on the Clubsport, more parameters can be adjusted ! I'm driving lowered cars for about 25 years now... and I like stiff suspension ! But it wouldn't hurt if the 'comfort' could be adjusted for long road trips... So, what can be exactly adjusted on the Clubsport vs. the V3 ???

Last edited:
I didn't even know the clubsport was available for our cars? I thought the only option was V3? But I'd go V3 as sooner or later you might want a little more performance and ability to upgrade. Buy high dollar and have no regrets or buy low dollar and outgrow.

Clubsports we can get. However I think there are different clubsports out there. The ones marketed to us are I believe just v3's with purple anodized aluminum top hats and 45x/45x Spring rates vs the standard v3 at 35x/35x rates.

I have the clubsports and they are great. I opted for 65x front springs though which coz recommended since I do track sometimes "not much".

And... Yes, Clubsport are available for NSX's !!!! :smile:

What I like with the Clubsport is that they come with a camber plate and are compression & rebound independently adjustable.

My only fear : is it drivable on open roads on a long distance ?

I didn't even know the clubsport was available for our cars? I thought the only option was V3? But I'd go V3 as sooner or later you might want a little more performance and ability to upgrade. Buy high dollar and have no regrets or buy low dollar and outgrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that here in Europe... They come with one ( and only one ) type of springs... The good news is that I'm living close to Germany and can get them directly from factory at... factory price of course ! :smile:

One more very good point for the Clubsport ! :smile:

Question... ( may sound stupid but... ) : is there anything else than the height that can be adjusted on the V3's ???

Don't be afraid of driving long distances. You can dial them in to ride for comfort or for drive ability. I've driven only stopping for gas multiple times 20 hour distances and never had an issue.

V3 are compression adjustable which is located on the bottom and rebound located on the top. You can easily adjust the rebound anytime you want too. The compression takes more effort since it behind the wheels. I suggest you look into iLifts replacement aluminum tophats or just the top rubber inserts. Your lucky to be near the factory.

One more very good point for the Clubsport ! :smile:

Question... ( may sound stupid but... ) : is there anything else than the height that can be adjusted on the V3's ???

Yes the v3 has compression and rebound. Essentially unless I missed something they are the same internally.

If you end up going v3 ilift "Steven" as mentioned makes nice aluminum top hats

Oh... I didn't know "iLift"... Very interesting !!! :smile:
Thanks for the comments guys !
I will investigate on which springs are used on both models here on the european market !
My main concern was to know if Clubsports could be used on long distance trips...
and it looks like the answer is yes !

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if camber plates com on ANY of the coil overs for the nsx?

I would also like to know this,

loads of my previous cars come with camber bolts for adjustment, but always came with camber plates (adjustable top mounts) on the coilovers that I purchased. It would be nice to have them on the NSX, even though its slightly more difficult to get to the top mounts than most cars (removing trim etc)

I would also like to know this,

loads of my previous cars come with camber bolts for adjustment, but always came with camber plates (adjustable top mounts) on the coilovers that I purchased. It would be nice to have them on the NSX, even though its slightly more difficult to get to the top mounts than most cars (removing trim etc)

Camber plates are typically used on macpherson/strut cars, not wishbone. Since the strut is attached to the hub, moving the top of the shock(camber plate) changes the angle of the hub(camber). If you had an adjustable plate at the top of the nsx shock, you would only be moving the shock in or out and not changing the camber since camber is adjusted on the control arms that attach to the hubs. This is why to really get a lot of negative camber, you need offset camber bushings in the control arms for these cars.

Camber plates are typically used on macpherson/strut cars, not wishbone. Since the strut is attached to the hub, moving the top of the shock(camber plate) changes the angle of the hub(camber). If you had an adjustable plate at the top of the nsx shock, you would only be moving the shock in or out and not changing the camber since camber is adjusted on the control arms that attach to the hubs. This is why to really get a lot of negative camber, you need offset camber bushings in the control arms for these cars.

duh, makes sense :) im a bit slow :p

the nsx aint no civic:wink:

attachment.php

Got the KW Clubsports but they are missing the C spanner and the bit that goes at the top to adjust rebound. ARGHHH.

4.8kg each

Attachments

• KWClubSports.jpg
    KWClubSports.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 3,525
Back