• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BC Coilover Noise

Any complaints of noise (knocking/rattling) while driving on rough roads after installing the BC/BR type coilover?

I hear it's pretty common complaint with these on other makes and models but have not seen any of the NSX owners complain about it. I'm thinking about going with the KW or Bilstein since these are so noisy.

Anyone?

Last edited:
My BCs are making a clicking noise when the car body sways from side to side. Eg. Making a slow turn up a driveway. I called BC and they said the shocks are gone. Replacement shocks were $90 each. I ordered 2 new rear shocks but haven't had a chance to put them in yet.

My BCs are making a clicking noise when the car body sways from side to side. Eg. Making a slow turn up a driveway. I called BC and they said the shocks are gone. Replacement shocks were $90 each. I ordered 2 new rear shocks but haven't had a chance to put them in yet.
I guess you could say it sounds a lot like clicking at times. Its been pretty constant since I put them in 8 months ago, and only seems to diminish after I drive the car for nearly an hour. Thanks for the input.

Mine do the same thing. I think the dampers need to warm up. They clunk when cold then they stop once they warm up.

I believe mine also make noise. I've been trying to figure out where a sound is coming from and I think it's one of my dampers. And as others here have posted, it diminishes over the course of driving for ~20 min.

Back