• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

North/South Carolina Spottings

Were you playing golf there? If so how is it?
No, just driving through. :) I'm a terrible golfer! I just like to drive through some of the country clubs/high-end plazas when I'm in the Charlotte area. Here is a picture of it. Would have parked and taken a couple more angles, but there was a police car a couple spaces away.

And the reviews for the Peninsula Club seem to be pretty favorable if you're wondering. :)

Attachments

• DSC_1752.jpg
    DSC_1752.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
I saw on another site that a new black NSX was seen driving around somewhere in Charlotte. Anyone know anything about that?

Not sure if it's the same one....probably.....but one of the area NSX owners spotted a new black NSX at Elon College. Seems that one of the Acura project engineers was visiting his daughter at college and had one of the NSX test cars.

Not sure if it's the same one....probably.....but one of the area NSX owners spotted a new black NSX at Elon College. Seems that one of the Acura project engineers was visiting his daughter at college and had one of the NSX test cars.
Did he happen to notice if it had an Ohio plate? The one I mentioned in my last post looked like it had a plate from there, and it appeared to be driven by a middle aged couple. I suppose it's possible it was the same car, but it would seem to me that if the driver was indeed coming from OH, he sure took a roundabout way....

I've been seeing a black earlier model NSX for sale at a used car dealership in the I-40/NC 42 area a couple times over the past few weeks.

Nicholas, are you located near the Raleigh area? I am located in Holly Springs.

Nicholas, are you located near the Raleigh area? I am located in Holly Springs.
Yes, although I am in the Charlotte area quite often as well. I don't have an NSX (yet) but I love cars and see NSXs around occasionally, and just wanted to see what the NSX scene is like in NC. One of my friends lives in Holly Springs and I think might actually live in your neighborhood based on some things he has said to me in the past.

Yes, although I am in the Charlotte area quite often as well. I don't have an NSX (yet) but I love cars and see NSXs around occasionally, and just wanted to see what the NSX scene is like in NC. One of my friends lives in Holly Springs and I think might actually live in your neighborhood based on some things he has said to me in the past.

Nicholas, let me know when you plan to join us. Right now we are expecting about 35 NSX's or more to participate. I will be publishing addresses for the various events...so you can join us anywhere during the weekend.

John

Last edited:
Nicholas, let me know when you plan to join us. Right now we are expecting about 35 NSX's or more to participate. I will be publishing addresses for the various events...so you can join us anywhere during the weekend.

John
I appreciate that. I think I could probably drop by Grill 57 for a little bit. I'll let you know once I see what my schedule is looking like that weekend.

rouge nsx.jpg

Saw this guy last saturday down i-26 around west columbia/ Irmo area. I blotted out the plate to be courteous to the owner. Anyone on here?

I'm in hickory, about an hour North of Charlotte but only know of one or two others near me. Anyone else near hickory?

I've seen a few in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area (SC) - a red/black coupe and a black one (not sure what color int).
This one? (Not my picture, just ran across it on another site I'm on).

http://www.exoticspotter.com/acura-nsx-bluffton-south-carolina-200217

There are a lot of NSXs scattered in and around the larger cities in North and South Carolina. Unfortunately they are not as common as they used to be; I see at least ten Ferraris for each NSX I see, so I really enjoy seeing NSXs on the streets.

attachment.php

Spotted a friendly in the wild for the first time. Up by the lake, exit 25 off 77. His is an 01 and I'm in a 97.

Was excited to say the least.

Attachments

• Friendly.jpg
    Friendly.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 599
Back