• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

jh4na1260nt000286 rolled miles and accident

92 automatic with mileage being rolled back, rusted bolts everywhere, bad bondo job on front from accident, transmission needs to be replaced because can't go past 30mph( have to put in park and then back in drive), paint is a mess on outside and inside. Interior is trash with seats beyond repair. Stay away even for 16000 as its selling for in Detroit.

Last edited:
hmmm mexiflush:tongue:

^ I believe they are some form of Eagle Alloy. Maybe concave 077's. Used to be a very popular wheel for the Grand Am/Grand Prix guys if it is.

Ok. I have to come forward now and let you all know I was the one to buy the car. I didn't want to before since there was so much negative comments about it.

I have had Hondas since 1989 (CRX) and my first acura was in 1995 (1990 Integra GS). I have had 6 legends (2 were 6-speeds) and now currently own 6 Acuras (3 2nd Gen TL, 2 MDX, and my pride and joy, 1992 NSX) and 2 Hondas (05 Odyssey 01 Civic). I have done all the work on my car myself with the exception of paint.

Now let me tell you about this NSX. It is black on black automatic. The issues that were mentioned about the transmission being bad turned out to be not true. It was just the speed sensor that was bad which caused issues with the EPS, Speedometer, etc. After I changed it, I took the car for a short drive as was up to 90 mph is a very short time. I have changed the spool valve gaskets, next is the timing belt, water pump, pulleys, oil pump seals, cam caps and seals, etc. Paint will follow.

The car has a clear title (no salvage or bonded) and the mileage roll back was a clerical error in my opinion (having had so many cars I see this on occasion). The difference was around 10,000 miles (also why would anyone roll mileage back just that little). The driver's side fender was hit and poorly repaired (which will be fixed properly prior to paint). I did get the car with the OEM rims (I didn't like the ones in the picture as well).

Now with that off my chest. I guess there may be flaming to follow this post but that's ok. I am very happy with my first NSX and may get another if I find a good deal (which seems very unlikely with the increase in value that I am seeing).

There actually was not anything wrong with the transmission. The speed sensor was bad giving a number of issues which when replaced took care of all issues. I actually was able to get it with the OEM rims.

I did not want to post that I did because I thought the flaming would start based on what everyone was saying about it. I am in the process of doing some maintenance on it. seals, belts, water pump, adjust valves, new leather, etc. I have always wanted one of these and now I found one at a good price.

I have had acuras since 1995 (integra GS), 6 legends (2 were 6-speeds). I now own 3 TLs (one is a 02 Type S), 2 MDX, odyssey, and civic.

Also, the title is clean (no accidents or branded). The statement about rolled miles looks to be a clerical error (in my opinion). I have seen this before..especially when it's only around 10,000 miles different. Again, just my opinion because I have seen it before and it also says that it could be a clerical error on the carfax.

Also, the title is clean (no accidents or branded). The statement about rolled miles looks to be a clerical error (in my opinion). I have seen this before..especially when it's only around 10,000 miles different. Again, just my opinion because I have seen it before and it also says that it could be a clerical error on the carfax.
An nsx save is an nsx save my friend. Congrats on saving her and I am sure our members are far more helpful than you would expect. As the car ages and ages, perfect condition cars are no longer a reality. Start a build thread and warm welcome.:wink:

It was the $16,000 that nsxforsale mentioned above. His asking price was $25,000 and he did not want to go below $20,000. I was at $15,000 and because he knew I was serious to buy it and was willing to walk away at anything above $16,000, he agreed.

The transmission issue was probably the main reason for me not going higher but I have a transmission guy that is very good with honda automatics. I was very fortunate to be able to fix it for less than $30.00 and two hours of my time. I have actually had it up to 90 MPH since changing the speed sensor and it runs great. It definitely needed rescuing and I'm glad I was able to get it. I am now doing what I love...rescuing acuras and bringing them back to looking and running good.

I'll be starting a build thread soon.

It was the $16,000 that nsxforsale mentioned above. His asking price was $25,000 and he did not want to go below $20,000. I was at $15,000 and because he knew I was serious to buy it and was willing to walk away at anything above $16,000, he agreed.

The transmission issue was probably the main reason for me not going higher but I have a transmission guy that is very good with honda automatics. I was very fortunate to be able to fix it for less than $30.00 and two hours of my time. I have actually had it up to 90 MPH since changing the speed sensor and it runs great. It definitely needed rescuing and I'm glad I was able to get it. I am now doing what I love...rescuing acuras and bringing them back to looking and running good.

I'll be starting a build thread soon.

Very nice, congrats on the purchase. I'm also considering a project NSX and wanting to see what the ones in need of TLC are going for. Thanks for sharing and good luck and keep us updated.

I'm glad you're able to save the old girl. You certainly got if for the right price. A little bit of love and you should get a pretty good return on your investment. Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Back