• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black NSX at 11:30AM Saturday on Skyline

OK, so I just finished doing a mountain bike ride at Skeggs, and am sitting on the back of my 4Runner when a black Carrera GT blows by with a black NSX in hot pursuit followed by an I8. (Not to be confused with the THREE black NSXs that blew by all together in a row a few minutes later...!)
All I want to know is what exhaust was on that first black NSX chasing the Porsche?? It sounded friggen awesome from the side of the road. :wink:

Thanks!
Keith
97T MCB/tan

Continuing on my potential new exhaust quest... based upon the pictures and comments posted after the Bridgepoint meet on Saturday, I'm surmising that the three black NSXs in a row had to be 1K2GO, Solidol, and Jinks. It looks like only four black ones ended up at Alice's, so it was either the 4th one, or possibly another one that didn't stop there and kept racing the Carrera GT all the way to Santa Cruz... Help me out guys - what was that exhaust??

Continuing on my potential new exhaust quest... based upon the pictures and comments posted after the Bridgepoint meet on Saturday, I'm surmising that the three black NSXs in a row had to be 1K2GO, Solidol, and Jinks. It looks like only four black ones ended up at Alice's, so it was either the 4th one, or possibly another one that didn't stop there and kept racing the Carrera GT all the way to Santa Cruz... Help me out guys - what was that exhaust??

oh man [MENTION=31260]Jinks[/MENTION] were you at bridgepoint? damn, I was there briefly, would've loved to meet ya.

If the black one you heard was Jinks, I think he has his angus ap-x on now?

oh man @Jinks were you at bridgepoint? damn, I was there briefly, would've loved to meet ya.

Well I was at Alice's during the meet and I did walk up to view that gorgeous Porsche V10 carrera gt. However solidol, Victor, 1k2go, and I all stayed behind to have lunch after the drive pursued. We were the 4 black sheep left behind. Behind meaning, we gave them a head start:biggrin:
If it were in fact my nsx I can only state that the [MENTION=16509]angus[/MENTION] ap-x exhaust is freaking awesome. I wrote a full review on it several weeks ago which still has yet to be approved by prime... Made by hand in North America rather than by machine in Taiwan. Wil, aka Angus on prime is a stand up guy who helped me through the whole intermediate installation process as I had the x pipe upside down at the V band clamp. I cannot say enough good things about his exhaust. It was exactly what I wanted.
Lastly, please do not follow [MENTION=27958]solidol[/MENTION] and [MENTION=26776]1K2GO[/MENTION] at the meets/drives unless you want to stress test your car. These guys are fast! Made me buy new tires this week! But an awesome crew of guys who push the envelope! It was an awesome meet! Much thanks to @dahlsim and May the nsxca organizer for organizing the event and getting me to join nsxca. FYI, the hoodies were not true to size, I cannot wash my XL size because it is already painted on. I think this is Rogers way of saying I need to diet...:biggrin:
But this is what I would like to see endure in my own Nsx ownership. Good people helping each other like Jeff who loaned me his nsx spec abs bleeder tool for free at the meet. Great group of people and if you missed the event, get your ass there next time!

OK, so I just finished doing a mountain bike ride at Skeggs, and am sitting on the back of my 4Runner when a black Carrera GT blows by with a black NSX in hot pursuit followed by an I8. (Not to be confused with the THREE black NSXs that blew by all together in a row a few minutes later...!)
All I want to know is what exhaust was on that first black NSX chasing the Porsche?? It sounded friggen awesome from the side of the road. :wink:

Thanks!
Keith
97T MCB/tan
If you're not on NorCal NSX Owners group please feel free to join. Post there and you will find your guy easily. All who were around i35 that day are members of that group.

oh man @Jinks were you at bridgepoint? damn, I was there briefly, would've loved to meet ya.

This was me at Bridgepointe. The one representing the Giants! And also holding the Nsx abs cross.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 409

Thanks!
Keith
97T MCB/tan

Hi Keith,

It was my car, chasing my friend in his gorgeous CGT :)

The exhaust consists of comptech headers with a taitec center exit catback. I'm really glad it sounded good, it only sounds good at full tilt so you caught us at a good time!

-Annand

Thanks Annand and everyone. It was on the straight right after the Skeggs point parking area, and you were both definitely full tilt - sounded awesome - made me proud to be an owner! Although I'm somewhat disappointed to hear that it's the center exit Taitec with headers - I don't want to mess with my rear valance.

I've heard the AP-X on Hamza's '98 - it's really good but not quite what I want. I got my BBS LMs from Wil and completely agree that he is great to work with.
I previously had a Prospeed X-pipe (knock off GRX) catback on mine that droned like hell - like literally blow your head up kind of drone - and reinstalled my stock exhaust.

I also emailed the GTROM guys in Japan and got a quote for their "F1 Soundmuffler Version 6" in titanium with custom single tips, but ¥630000 is getting a bit crazy!
Maybe I'll start looking at the GTLW again...

Anyway, thanks again everyone - hope to see you out there.

Brgds,
Keith

97T MCB/tan

This was me at Bridgepointe. The one representing the Giants! And also holding the Nsx abs cross.

Damn, will look for you next time Jinks! I was only there very briefly as I didnt' have my NSX with me. I was the jerk that showed up in the red boxster S and took off pretty quickly. Are you going to be at the canepa C&C tomorrow? I gotta hear that ap-x!

Last edited:
Damn, will look for you next time Jinks! I was only there very briefly as I didnt' have my NSX with me. I was the jerk that showed up in the red boxster S and took off pretty quickly. Are you going to be at the canepa C&C tomorrow? I gotta hear that ap-x!
Wait is it Friday today? I'm spending too much time in the office :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It was an awesome meet! Much thanks to @dahlsim and May the nsxca organizer for organizing the event and getting me to join nsxca. FYI, the hoodies were not true to size, I cannot wash my XL size because it is already painted on. I think this is Rogers way of saying I need to diet...:biggrin:
But this is what I would like to see endure in my own Nsx ownership. Good people helping each other like Jeff who loaned me his nsx spec abs bleeder tool for free at the meet. Great group of people and if you missed the event, get your ass there next time!

Thanks for coming out AJ. We always have a good time at our meets/drives. We really do have a great group of people in NorCal. Don't miss the drive on 4/30 (sorry didn't post the info on Prime but I will do that next). We are heading to Bodega Bay for lunch and of course we will take the long way.

Hi Keith,

It was my car, chasing my friend in his gorgeous CGT :)

The exhaust consists of comptech headers with a taitec center exit catback. I'm really glad it sounded good, it only sounds good at full tilt so you caught us at a good time!

-Annand

Glad to hear this is your exhaust combination since its exactly the same as mine. :biggrin: Are you running test pipes, oem or speed cats?

OEM cats....for now :devilish:

although all mod plans are on hold until I replace the wheels someone stole :frown-new:

Oh dam......that was you?.....I saw that on FB. FKN thieves. Sorry to hear about that. Did you get some wheels just to run around on for now?

Oh dam......that was you?.....I saw that on FB. FKN thieves. Sorry to hear about that. Did you get some wheels just to run around on for now?

Still can't believe this happened, but a friend of a friend had an 18/19 combo that cleared the front brakes. Got the car home, going to throw her on jackstands this weekend and get the wheels back to the friend along with some booze and a thank you card haha

The offsets were special, and it's proving really hard to find...even to order. 18x8 +38 front and 19x9.5 +36

Sounds like you have the JGTC Center Exit? Man I miss mine, it sounded amazing. It was really loud which was awesome and awful at the same time. I swapped it for the Taitec GT005 Center Exit since I kept breaking the welds on the JGTC and it was too loud to pass sound at Laguna Seca.

Still can't believe this happened, but a friend of a friend had an 18/19 combo that cleared the front brakes. Got the car home, going to throw her on jackstands this weekend and get the wheels back to the friend along with some booze and a thank you card haha

The offsets were special, and it's proving really hard to find...even to order. 18x8 +38 front and 19x9.5 +36

Back