• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stolen wheels sunnyvale, ca

Hey everyone,

I drove my NSX to the train station to make the commute a little bit more fun today and when I came home the wheels were gone off of my car.

These were stolen in Sunnyvale, CA 94087. The main parking garage at the train station.

Seriously some guys threw the car on bricks and stole the wheels.

The wheels were GOLD Volk CE28's 18x8 +38 up front and 19 in the rear. The tires were Toyo Proxes T1R. They had a pretty rare center cap on them as well.

Here's a photo of the wheels from the previous owner of the car

attachment.php

This thread on prime has a lot more photos of the car: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/133848-Gold-CE28-Project-Mu

For those with a more macabre sense, I can post the photos of the car on bricks in a dark train station parking garage later. Please, please please spread the word as far as you can. It would be nice to have the wheels back, but really I'd like to make sure whoever did this finds out they can't get away with this in our connected and very digital world.

I'm happy to post any more info and pics or anything else requested.

Attachments

• 2dsi7oi.jpg
    2dsi7oi.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 816
Last edited:
Good luck in your quest. Don't expect the authorities to be of any help. They are plenty busy catching people going 10 mph over, and getting coffee. Keep your eyes open online etc. as alot of these bottomfeeders will try to flip them quickly so they can go get some crack. When you replace your rims get a good set of locknuts too. Because there are so many thieves, haters etc. in society these days, I never leave a rare nice car unattended.

Were there no cameras in place at the station? I hope they catch them.

Last edited:
make sure the bottom of the car is not damaged as I'm sure the thieves did not spend the preceding day researching nsxprime for proper jack points.....

Don't think there are cameras. Maybe at the entry/exit but definitely not on each floor. Who knows what the cops are doing.

I thought SV was a nice area, I am so fortunate to be able to switch up the cars I drive every once in a while. I guess I drove the NSX more in that rotation (how could you not) and someone finally got what they wanted.

Really nauseating. Didn't realize thieves are really that brazen to do this in this in the middle of the day in a reasonably nice area. Do you think they "cased" your car? No security guards patrolling the garage? I'll keep my eyes on the look-out at the usual websites I check: craigslist, eBay, stanceworks, and zilvia. Don't forget people sometimes just sell a pair of wheels so if you know the exact specs of the fronts and rears, that'd be helpful.

Last edited:
If we adopted more strict laws that dealt with theft, like cutting odd hands and what not there would be a lot less thievery in our country. These buttholes don't care how many hours or how hard one works to obtain our valuables. Good luck in your search.

If the lot has a guard they sometimes act as scouts for the thieves to alert them to nice wheels.....

This really rocks my world as I thought that custom wheels would be more likely stolen for more mass produced cars and that our offsets, etc...limited the resale marketability.

I wouldn't be surprised that the thieves didn't even realize the front and rear diameters are different.

Sucks for my old wheels... :(

I'm so sorry for your situation MirageJHU. As mentioned in your facebook thread, I will keep a look out for your wheels here in the South Bay.

Really sucks.
Hope you still had other wheels so you didn't have too much trouble moving the car back home.
Sorry for you having to go through this.
Will keep an eye open in the North Bay.

Last edited:
That is awful =(. I live in Sunnyvale and will keep an eye out. I would shit 10 bricks if someone stole my prodrives. I can't imagine these being too hard to spot if they stay somewhat in the area.

Back