• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold your NSX to Get What?????

I've had that same thought over the years. I've had a 91 NSX around 16 years. A year ago I added a Maserati Gran Turismo (the pratical car, as it can seat 4) and kept the NSX. While the GT is fun and has an intoxicating exhaust note, it is not as much fun to drive. The NSX is a keeper. There will never be a car made again that will contain all of what the NSX offers, while maintaining reasonable maintenance costs and rock solid reliability.

An NSX.

I've sold my red '91 for a yellow '97.

9 years ago when I got engaged with my wife, I rented a yellow targa NSX. I looked for almost 5 years before I found a nice example to buy only a short 4 hour drive from home.

Three weeks ago, I got an email from a member of the NSX Club if Canada; who said his brother was selling his NA2. We struck a deal, and the last two weeks have looked like this:

Put my car up for sale
Pack and get ready to go to EST Fest - the NSXCC's largest gathering of the year.
Toot around wine country for a weekend
Sell the car to a buyer 2000km away
Change to OEM fat 5's
Remove pride V2 for OEM exhaust
Get my car detailed
Get packed for a weekend trip to Halifax to deliver the car to her new caretaker.
Take delivery tomorrow evening.

Breathe.

This has moved much more quickly than I ever thought it would, and my wife has been the driver behind this whole transaction. I guess sentimental value means something to my wonderful lady :).

An NSX.

I've sold my red '91 for a yellow '97.

9 years ago when I got engaged with my wife, I rented a yellow targa NSX. I looked for almost 5 years before I found a nice example to buy only a short 4 hour drive from home.

Three weeks ago, I got an email from a member of the NSX Club if Canada; who said his brother was selling his NA2. We struck a deal, and the last two weeks have looked like this:

Put my car up for sale
Pack and get ready to go to EST Fest - the NSXCC's largest gathering of the year.
Toot around wine country for a weekend
Sell the car to a buyer 2000km away
Change to OEM fat 5's
Remove pride V2 for OEM exhaust
Get my car detailed
Get packed for a weekend trip to Halifax to deliver the car to her new caretaker.
Take delivery tomorrow evening.

Breathe.

This has moved much more quickly than I ever thought it would, and my wife has been the driver behind this whole transaction. I guess sentimental value means something to my wonderful lady :).

Very nice! But you could of had a mustang with 600 hp which cannot gain an inch of traction.:cool:

Maybe I'll keep the NSX. The steering is wonderful. The 1-2 shift in the NSX is amazing from a full throttle launch. At 7200 RPM the shift is quick and the backend steps out for that split second so you have to do a bit of steering correction. I am still running Yokohama OEMs. It was my first NSX drive in 7 months and I loved it. Still a great car.

I sold my ctsc NSX recently and picked up a G5 viper. I can see myself adding another NSX to my stable down the road as it truly is a timeless classic. In terms of sheer performance and driving experience, you just can't compare it. I thought I would miss the NSX more, but I really don't. Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase? ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 521
I just sold my E39 M5 to get into a 93 NSX. There isn't really anything that compares in the same price point. I think a E30 M3 or a 80's 911 could be close.

Sold mine and don't regret it. It was a fun car and my second NSX. First one I drove a LOT, it was eventually totaled by a drunk driver that side swiped me it was a 92. Insurance gave me more then I paid and I bought a low mileage 94. I had 5 cars at the time and just never got around to driving the new one. Keeping up with the regular maintenance when you don't drive it can get to feel like a chore. Fun car, beautiful car, lacks power by today's standard and I didn't want to be a car collector. There gets to be a point when those high prices you see start to justify themselves. Parts will be discontinued and then you are on the hunt for that hard to find part. AC units are discontinued already.

I didn't buy anything with the money. Haven't really found anything that really catches my eye. The new z06 is a pretty nice car although I have not driven one. I remember going to a track event in vegas once the had some lambo's, ferrari's...ect. Corvette was the fastest thing out on the track. Could be just because they were driving the wheels off the thing but seemed like you could have a lot of fun in one.

I don't think any car can "replace" the NSX but as we age, life and priorities change so it's good to have variety.

Just realize with the rising NSX prices it may be harder to get back into one at a later date...

The s2000 and NSX along with the MKIV Supra and FD are a last breed of 90's cars that just can't be replaced.

- - - Updated - - -

I sold my ctsc NSX recently and picked up a G5 viper. I can see myself adding another NSX to my stable down the road as it truly is a timeless classic. In terms of sheer performance and driving experience, you just can't compare it. I thought I would miss the NSX more, but I really don't. Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase? ;)

That is a BEAUTIFUL VIPER ~factory color?

I don't think any car can "replace" the NSX but as we age, life and priorities change so it's good to have variety.

Just realize with the rising NSX prices it may be harder to get back into one at a later date...

The s2000 and NSX along with the MKIV Supra and FD are a last breed of 90's cars that just can't be replaced.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a BEAUTIFUL VIPER ~factory color?

thanks man! Yep, it's the TA Crusher Orange. Only 93 made

Last edited:
As I recall, you complained about the nsx performance since day one. It was probably never the right car for you. Judging from what you bought, I'd say that's accurate.

Glad you are enjoying the viper.

As I recall, you complained about the nsx performance since day one. It was probably never the right car for you. Judging from what you bought, I'd say that's accurate.

Glad you are enjoying the viper.

i enjoyed the car for 2.5 years. My speed bug was too strong and the NSX just didn't fulfill it. Amazing car and I do appreciate it for what it is and definitely miss it at times.

New member here and prospective owner. The NSX is my first love, launching me into a young man's automotive pubescence, at the time I obviously could not afford one. Then early in my career I had the means but got hooked on Lotus cars. I've happy owned two Lotus Exiges and love them dearly. My Exige is is handling dream and a powerful little beast. But every now and again I come back to the NSX and find myself fawning all over it. This is to say, I'm contemplating selling my Lotus for an NSX, preferably a 1993 or 1994.

I know this is counter to the point of this thread, but I just had to chime in...

i enjoyed the car for 2.5 years. My speed bug was too strong and the NSX just didn't fulfill it. Amazing car and I do appreciate it for what it is and definitely miss it at times.

And now you are looking for a turbo nsx? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I should add my experience. Sold my nsx for a c6. It was a bbsc nsx with a lot of problems so I was done.

I enjoyed the vette, but never got into the community and the car never felt special. So I bought another nsx and went with e ctsc. Still love the car. I did just get an Audi s6 and it does make the nsx feel slow!

If I were to sell the nsx for another sports car it would have to be for something special. Maybe an r8 v10 or a f430.

I'd love the get a used 12c.

If I had to get one DD sports cars though, the c7 would be it.

Last edited:
And now you are looking for a turbo nsx? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I should add my experience. Sold my nsx for a c6. It was a bbsc nsx with a lot of problems so I was done.

I enjoyed the vette, but never got into the community and the car never felt special. So I bought another nsx and went with e ctsc. Still love the car. I did just get an Audi s6 and it does make the nsx feel slow!

If I were to sell the nsx for another sports car it would have to be for something special. Maybe an r8 v10 or a f430.

I'd love the get a used 12c.

If I had to get one DD sports cars though, the c7 would be it.

I would love a turbo nsx. I know it will be tough to find, but figured I'd see what's out there. I was planning on going turbo but the offer was too good to pass up. The viper is a beast but NSX is much more versatile. I want both!!

No regrets :smile:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 14305387_1264314896932970_5801776080550447785_o.jpg
    14305387_1264314896932970_5801776080550447785_o.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
No regrets :smile:

attachment.php
Awesome car man. Those wheels though??? To each his own I guess. But I can definitely see how you moved your Nsx themed car over to the 458.

That 458 is wicked Scorp! I highly doubt I'd have many regrets with that kind of upgrade!

I've had my NSX for 13 years and only recently has the idea of selling it crossed my mind.
I am getting leery about the prospect of maintaining a car of its age. I read about Honda
no longer stocking some of the parts and I imagine that will only get worse with time.

To be honest I am disappointed that Honda is leaving us in the lurch this soon. Perhaps
it was naïve of me to think Honda would support the car for many decades, especially
considering how few were made. Years ago Honda had a reputation for keeping
parts for their motorcycles in stock for a good long time, or at least so I heard, and
I hoped they'd support their cars the same way.

But when I think about selling the NSX the question arises of what I'd replace it with,
and (of the cars I'm in a position to get) nothing else grabs me.

Back