• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold your NSX to Get What?????

I'd only get rid of mine for a house or to trade for someone's 95-96 Midnight Pearl NSX-T.

I sold my CTSCd 02 for the equivalent money to get into a same year 996TT about 5 years ago - no regrets at all. The Pcar has been AWESOME.

Loved the NSX and thought it was awesome but needed a more practical car. The Pcar has proven to be that.
I wish that Id have been able to keep it but I didn't have garage space and I needed the cash from the NSX to get the Pcar at the time, so....such is life.

If I had of kept it, I would have sold it by now for sure - I appreciate what it is but I'm a practical guy and its value due to nostalgia and rarity would have caused me to sell it to get into a more modern car.

Think about it often. Miss it often. Would make the same decision again under the same circumstances.

Last edited:
I sold my CTSCd 02 for the equivalent money to get into a same year 996TT about 5 years ago - no regrets at all. The Pcar has been AWESOME.

Loved the NSX and thought it was awesome but needed a more practical car. The Pcar has proven to be that.
I wish that Id have been able to keep it but I didn't have garage space and I needed the cash from the NSX to get the Pcar at the time, so....such is life.

If I had of kept it, I would have sold it by now for sure - I appreciate what it is but I'm a practical guy and its value due to nostalgia and rarity would have caused me to sell it to get into a more modern car.

Think about it often. Miss it often. Would make the same decision again under the same circumstances.

Ok, so you convinced the wife that the 911 is more practical? Good job, I think you probably just wanted the go of a turbo 911, unless you have alot of friends with no legs getting in the back seat. The upkeep on the NSX makes it more practical in my eyes.:apathy:

The 996TT is just about the only car I would sell my 94 NSX for (my 00 will never be sold, ever!). Absolutely no desire to own a Ferrari or Lambo. i daily drove my 12 Cayman R for 1.5 years and that experience hooked me on the build quality and reliability of the Porsche brand. Not sure the 996TT is more practical than the NSX, but definitely think these are 2 cars that can be driven everyday without worry, unlike the other exotics.

ha!

Yes it's more practical. It has back seats that allowed me to drive the kids around whereas the NSX may as well have been a motorcycle.

Maintenance of the NSX and the Pcar pretty similar costs with the exception of the crazy NSX tire wear.

I'd consider a 991 turbo, maybe a 997, but to me a 996 is blah. Yeah, it's fast, but that's all.

I'd consider a 991 turbo, maybe a 997, but to me a 996 is blah. Yeah, it's fast, but that's all.

I think that the 997TT is the best looking but find the 991TTs gawdy. Not for me. They're huge too! The driving experience becomes more disconnected each Gen too, so I prefer the drive of the 996 over any later.

Some easy cosmetic mods, IMO, make the 996 much more of a looker, but I hear what you're saying. Stock it's pretty plain.

It's a nondrama car that's very analog, reliable, easily and cheaply modded to 700-800 hp, practical, still looks pretty modern; it's been great.

But I wish I would have been able to keep my NSX.

Well as some of you know from my closed thread; I came to my senses and my car is no longer for sale. Every time I drove the car I realized why I fell in love with the car in the first place! The NSX really is an irreplaceable car! I had a solid cash offer; but just couldn't do it. I imagined seeing the car driving away and me sobbing like a little girl. lol. For those of you thinking about selling you NSX don't do it! It truly is and will be a classic! I'm moving forward with my renovations and in due time will purchase a more modern sports car; but the NSX will stay!

If I ever sold mine, my first choice would be a Ford Pinto.
Of course my second choice would be a Porsche Cayman GT4.
...and since I couldn't afford a Porsche GT-4, it's either the Pinto or keep my NSX....
So....I'll keep the NSX :)

Last edited:
from your track experience running with the gt-4 could any streetable modded nsx keep up assuming same driver and tires?

Depends on HP and weight. If they were totally equal in HP and weight, I would bet on the GT-4.
The challenge being the GT-4 has so many modern day advances such as traction control, ABS, gearbox diff, paddle shifting, etc. it pretty much will drive itself.
But it's also 3 times the money of an NSX.

from your track experience running with the gt-4 could any streetable modded nsx keep up assuming same driver and tires?

Depends on HP and weight. If they were totally equal in HP and weight, I would bet on the GT-4.
The challenge being the GT-4 has so many modern day advances such as traction control, ABS, gearbox diff, paddle shifting, etc. it pretty much will drive itself.
But it's also 3 times the money of an NSX.

I thought the GT4 was only offered in 6-speed (no paddle shifters)? Would love to see a supercharged NSX run against a GT4 on the track. Would be awesome to watch.

My bad, you're correct, it is a 6 speed manual. I was thinking Cayman S

I thought the GT4 was only offered in 6-speed (no paddle shifters)? Would love to see a supercharged NSX run against a GT4 on the track. Would be awesome to watch.

Last edited:
my gut tells me that a boosted nsx with the usual track mods would have its hands full with a bone stock gt-4 with similar tires.

Great car, but still looks like a frog with aluminum bleachers sticking out of the trunk. For the money, I'd rather just shoot for 911 turbo. I would be a much bigger fan of P-cars if they didn't sound like sewing machines with headers. But they just sound like that to me. I'd gladly sell my Nsx for an Astin Vanquish but we know that ain't happening. Everyone has German cars, I like to be different.

+1...

my gut tells me that a boosted nsx with the usual track mods would have its hands full with a bone stock gt-4 with similar tires.

I wouldn't sell mine for a Gallardo. The seating position is awful and the view of the road is awful compared to the nsx. The hurracan is a huge improvement. I'd take it.

That is what I thought as well until I sat in one with full power seats, made it a much better view for me. Huracan is nice, but not an option for me, they don't make a gated version ;)

b2fd6563cc79c463d8042cfae2e42159.jpg

2ed541e12ec7a58a268c24df207e4251.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite frankly, I got tired of waiting over 10 years for the new NSX to come out. I had other cholces which I exercised. I love the NSX for all 11 years I had her. But after 11 years it was time to move on and geting somethings new and let someone else enjoy my 2002 silver NSX with 24,824 miles on it. Had I had a 3 car garage I probably would have kept it. I sold it for $80,000 to a car broker and he flipped it for $89,000 and it is now in China of all places!

My NSX replacement is a McLaren MP4-12C. This is FAR from a "soulless car." I test drove a Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Huracan/Adventatdor, Audi R8 V10Plus and a 700HP Nissan GTR. I wasn't overly impressed with any of them when compared to my NSX.

Back to my McLaren...it is the only car I like better than my NSX and I never thought I'd believe that. The McLaren is the only car I have driven since I bought my NSX new in 2002 that I got out after driving it and then got into my NSX and realized I had just driven another "game changing" car and I had to have one. The handling and performance of the 12C are off the charts. It weights ~3000lbs and has 625HP. It's a good daily driver. Very comfortable in "Normal Mode." But put it into "Track Mode" and you feel like you're in a rocket ship with wheels!! The engineering of the McLaren is truly awesome. The way it lays down torque like no other car I have driven. Performance is 0-60mph in 2.8 sec, 1/4 miles in 10.5 secs at 138mph and 215mph top end. It has a fully active hydraulic suspension system, toque vectoring, active aerodymanics, tranmission precog, and the 12C was designed for maximum downforce with 20" Pirelli Corsas to lay down the toque on the tarmak. The quality, fit and finish both inside and out is 5 stars. A wickedly amazing super car! I would have kept my NSX but I don't have a 3 car garage. I'll test drive the new NSX when one comes through here but I seriously doubt it will case me to rethink my McLaren purchase. For those of you who really apprecaited the NSX you may like the McLaren. I certainly did.

Current_12C.jpg

Last edited:
Quite frankly, I got tired of waiting over 10 years for the new NSX to come out. I had other cholces which I exercised. I love the NSX for all 11 years I had her. But after 11 years it was time to move on and geting somethings new and let someone else enjoy my 2002 silver NSX with 24,824 miles on it. Had I had a 3 car garage I probably would have kept it. I sold it for $80,000 to a car broker and he flipped it for $89,000 and it is now in China of all places!

My NSX replacement is a McLaren MP4-12C. This is FAR from a "soulless car." I test drove a Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Huracan/Adventatdor, Audi R8 V10Plus and a 700HP Nissan GTR. I wasn't overly impressed with any of them when compared to my NSX.

Back to my McLaren...it is the only car I like better than my NSX and I never thought I'd believe that. The McLaren is the only car I have driven since I bought my NSX new in 2002 that I got out after driving it and then got into my NSX and realized I had just driven another "game changing" car and I had to have one. The handling and performance of the 12C are off the charts. It weights ~3000lbs and has 625HP. It's a good daily driver. Very comfortable in "Normal Mode." But put it into "Track Mode" and you feel like you're in a rocket ship with wheels!! The engineering of the McLaren is truly awesome. The way it lays down torque like no other car I have driven. Performance is 0-60mph in 2.8 sec, 1/4 miles in 10.5 secs at 138mph and 215mph top end. It has a fully active hydraulic suspension system, toque vectoring, active aerodymanics, tranmission precog, and the 12C was designed for maximum downforce with 20" Pirelli Corsas to lay down the toque on the tarmak. The quality, fit and finish both inside and out is 5 stars. A wickedly amazing super car! I would have kept my NSX but I don't have a 3 car garage. I'll test drive the new NSX when one comes through here but I seriously doubt it will case me to rethink my McLaren purchase. For those of you who really apprecaited the NSX you may like the McLaren. I certainly did.

View attachment 138134

Truly worthy successor to your NSX in your garage.

Back