• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold your NSX to Get What?????

So I tend to get bored and get something "new" every two or three years. With the market being as hot as it is with the NSX, are some of you selling your cars to "strike when the iron is hot" so to speak? I think for me, the hunt is always more fun than the kill. I love to research cars, compare HP 0-60 speeds, reliability, cost of ownership, etc. I have owned my NSX for 2 years and that old familiar feeling is starting to creep back, where I am starting to research cars. I have looked at pretty much everything! I think it is every red-blooded Americans duty to at some point to own American Muscle! I have looked at the Camaro ZL1, the Corvette Stingray, Mustang GT500, The Cadillac CTS V, and even the Challenger SRT. There is no doubt that my vanity will suffer the consequences, as the NSX gets more looks and thumbs up than almost anything else I can afford. I pretty much know I will regret ever selling the NSX; but I have always had to learn my lessons the hard way. It will not be economically feasible to have two sports cars in the garage, so the NSX would have to go. So my question is, what soulless car did you replace the NSX with? :biggrin:

I did not replace my NSX and I won't, but I have added in second sports car. You could go for a 911 or a NSX2.0

Take it from me - sold my 91 for a C7 Stingray. It was fun for all of a month before I got tired of how big and wallowy it felt compared to my 91. Took it to a cars&coffee and the feeling that I was in a mass produced high-volume car just couldn't be shaken. Car just didn't feel special, and outside of the occassional on-ramp burst to 80mph (which lasted maybe 3 seconds), it was a chore to lug around.

Missed the 91 nsx quite a bit but I was reluctant to get back into it (my 91 had some initial issues and stranding events), so I got a 2004 911 Carrera 4S. That one was much better than the stingray for me (I don't care about huge power, 0-60 or nurb times), and it had a really nice driving feel with feedback to boot, and an engine sound that I enjoyed a lot. Drove it around for almost a year but kept comparing it to the NSX, and the feeling of regret and missing my '91 never really went away.

And here I am now in my '96 NSX-T. The C7 and C4S were costly lessons. So, take it from me - don't do it. If anything, keep the NSX and do a short term 2 year lease on a new car - if you like it more than the NSX at the end of the term, sell the NSX and buy it out. But that way you're somewhat protected from seller's remorse which will hit you *hard*. :)

When I decide to part with my NSX, it will be for hopefully a late 2000s 911 GT3 or Audi R8 V8 Manual.

I imagine I will have sellers remorse...up until the point where I here that Flat 6 or V8 fire up.

I sold my NSX and bought a Lamborghini Diablo. 2 cars can't even be compared. Diablo is just a beast/brut of a car. NSX would be more reliable though lol. Italian build quality not the best. I have a Diablo refresh thread going here:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f45/diablo-refresh-50273/

I had to stop when I took Ill. Haven't had a chance to drive it in 3 years.

I agree with the sentiment that you should try to keep you NSX and obtain something additional.

I own a CTS-V wagon, which is my three-season good weather daily driver, in addition to my NSX, which is driven on weekends and occasionally on a perfect-weather weekday. They are clearly different cars with different missions. I never get tired of having a supercharged blast onto the freeway, and the (rare) sojourn into the low triple digits in a few seconds. The exhaust note is intoxicating--there's nothing like an American V8 engine with decent exhaust. In addition, my car is rare, unlike a Corvette....not to mention, it carries stuff when called upon!

The NSX, however, is nimbler, mostly analog (excepting the ABS, EPS, and DBW), and visibility is like none other. I know it's slower, but it feels plenty fast to me. A 5-second sprint to 60 is still fast in my book.

My (long-winded) point is, depending on your financial means, having more than one unique driving experience in the garage can be fun.

attachment.php

I sold mine for this beautiful Japanese design.:biggrin:
It does 0-60 fast enough to cut off another driver and then slow them down by driving 40 mph on a freeway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 4,849
I think before you decide to sell, spend some time looking at all the regret threads.
As far as I know there isnt an official "I sold my NSX just to buy another one" thread but im sure there are alot of member who can post up if there was.
I would actually buy another nsx if I could, the owner's esp the ones on this forum are what make having an NSX so great, in addition to it being such an iconic masterpeice.

I love my car and have never thought about parting ways until now. I think in the future I'm going to try and pick up a r8 since they are reasonably priced now and I think going to hold pretty steady for around that price.

I know of a few owners that have either sold their nsx or bought a r8 in addition to their nsx.

I love my car and have never thought about parting ways until now. I think in the future I'm going to try and pick up a r8 since they are reasonably priced now and I think going to hold pretty steady for around that price.

I know of a few owners that have either sold their nsx or bought a r8 in addition to their nsx.

Assuming you are thinking of doing the trade now due to the prices NSX's are going for?

That as well. I've also had my nsx almost 10 years now and although it's fast, semi modern compared then a stock one and I'm getting bored.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the community isn't what it used to be. A lot have moved on and it's a different demographic. I'm hoping the surge in pricing helps with things but I still miss the old days and reading a lot of members posts that are no longer around.

This thread is reminding me of a few air cooled 911 freinds of mine that saw the prices creeping up over past few years and thought they were upgrading by selling for good money (60-70k) and buying some typical massproduced exotic car, R8, gallardo ect....

now that same air cooled turbo is worth 120k and more desirable than ever... and their all kicking themselves in the ass since the prices keep climbing faster and faster everyday and they will never own that legendary car again... and meanwhile their modern typical exotic car depriciates and ages not so gracefuly and loses the cool factor.
Their now all drooling over thier old rare 911 turbos they sold.

Had an old friend that was obsessed with Detamasso Pantera's for many years had a 2 of them and one was a GT5, around 2005ish they climbed in value quickly from $25k to over $50k in 2-3 years so he sold both of them to buy a new Z06 since it was sooooo fast.. lol.... dumbest move ever... The GT5 today is worth over 200k and the other one 100k. over $300k combined.. that Z06 is probably worth $30-40k.

After 10 years of ownership I'm loving the NSX more than ever... it's even getting more compliments and thumbs up than ever which is interesting.

Last edited:
There will always be something *better*, or *faster*. To me, modern cars are seriously lacking the simplistic driver-to-machine connection. Things as small as watching the sweep of analog gauges, or the crisp ding-dong from a real hammer striking a bell chime when you leave your lights on is so amazingly satisfying.

I am thinking about selling my 1991 NSX to buy a Ford Focus RS. I have the RS ordered already, but when it comes in that will leave me with 3 cars and a motorcycle. My Fit is my daily driver and winter car. The NSX and RS are my summer cars. One of those will end up just sitting, and unfortunately it will probably be the NSX.

^up....
Not in my wildest dreams would I ever choose a Ford Focus over a nsx. For Christ's sake, getta hold of yourself man!:biggrin:

Last edited:
I think before you decide to sell, spend some time looking at all the regret threads.
As far as I know there isnt an official "I sold my NSX just to buy another one" thread but im sure there are alot of member who can post up if there was.
I would actually buy another nsx if I could, the owner's esp the ones on this forum are what make having an NSX so great, in addition to it being such an iconic masterpeice.

This

I am thinking about selling my 1991 NSX to buy a Ford Focus RS. I have the RS ordered already, but when it comes in that will leave me with 3 cars and a motorcycle. My Fit is my daily driver and winter car. The NSX and RS are my summer cars. One of those will end up just sitting, and unfortunately it will probably be the NSX.

Get it out and DRIVE it, don't pittle around....DRIVE and you'll regret that post. I could have a lot of different cars and several faster cars but every time I consider it...I go drive mine and get a refreshing slap in the face.

Get it out and DRIVE it, don't pittle around....DRIVE and you'll regret that post. I could have a lot of different cars and several faster cars but every time I consider it...I go drive mine and get a refreshing slap in the face.
What GaNSX said. Take a shot of narcan and wake up.:smile: Your about to buy a Focus!!!

That's crazy. Sell the Fit, keep the NSX, and use the RS as your winter car. Over the next few years the RS will experience a huge depreciation hit, so you might as well daily drive it.

Exactly what BB said. It makes no sense at all to sell a car that is appreciating, to get a new car that will take a huge hit over the next few years. Plus, if you ever regretted it, it would be much more difficult to find a nice nsx to buy again.

Back