• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Configuration questions

Do standard floor mats come with the car? Why pay $1,200 for fancy floor mats and trunk mats?

What does the standard door sill look like, if you do not select the illuminated door sill trim for $1,500?

What blind spot safety features come with the nsx? Do the mirrors reflect on coming traffic to warn about a lane change?

No pay, no mats.

i have only seen the car with the doors closed so I can't speak to the sills. I had illuminated sills on my Lexus but they were part of a package. I am not interested enough to pay for them here.

I do not believe the NSX has the latest warning systems, kind of too bad as my Q50 has this stuff plus semi-autonomy and it works quite well.

No modern safety systems based on position in lane or position of other cars around you. Bummer, since our MDX has all of that (and autonomous driving "light") but I'm OK with it. I'm sure they'll add it in 2020 for the mid-model refresh.

If you care enough about what the sill looks like without illumination, you have self-selected as someone for whom the priced for illuminated sills is "worth it." ;-) (No offense-- I ordered them).

FYI, for full technical details, see here:

http://www.acura.com/PressReleaseArticle.aspx?year=2015&id=8441-en#~pIoKRZfTXUC71s

Our just google "Ablation casting torque vectoring"-- the above doc is the first hit. They sure are proud of that ablation casting!

Some interior shots showing no illuminated sill plate:

ViF601C.jpg

T3aU5wB.jpg

The illuminated sill plate goes on top of the carpeted area, unlike most sill plates I've seen which go over the painted area.

Thanks Olyar,

The second car with the saddle leather and black alcantara is the interior I went with.

The image includes the CF stuff I passed on.

Mat issue, again

kindly compare this picture to the accessory page with the $1,200 mats. The accessory has "NSX" with a metal plate. The picture shows "NSX" embossed stitching. What does the floor look like if no mats? May I assume a carpeted floor, mat free

Attachments

• R-559_EN_SBWBBBGBDBEBABNBTBRB_medium (1).jpg
    R-559_EN_SBWBBBGBDBEBABNBTBRB_medium (1).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 156
By the way, I spoke to my new contact at Acura customer care, Sergio, ext 115219,who advised me that carpeted floor mats come with the car. You do not need to spend the $1,200 for the floor mats ant trunk mat which are leather trimming and thick pile carpeting.

Last edited:
Back