• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsxca.org member area is broken

Trying to renew my membership and getting all kinds of PHP errors. Can someone take a look or post here if there is already ongoing effort to fix this? Thanks

Last edited:
Hello Primates!

Thanks for raising this issue -- Heres what happened --
Since NSXCA.org came online in its current iteration last year, a major commitment has been to configure and operate an automated membership management system (previously, this has all been done in excel more or less)
Where this has had some great results, last years importation of the database was missing some crucial data that we are now getting around to uploading into all users profiles to make the system EVEN BETTER!

Well....of course, the pursuit of that end isnt what youd call "easy" by any means. SO HERES WHAT HAPPENED.
-The database was uploaded, and the site ran out of memory to execute the command (root cause)
-As a result, an incomplete database was applied, and broke the site.
-76 members automatic payment profiles were cancelled when their original join dates were applied
-membership management system which incorporates the members area for the site was deactivated for the time being to prevent further fracturing of the data while this is being worked out.

Its important to note that a database update of this caliber is not exactly common -- maybe a line or two here or there, but a total overhaul isnt really common -- just catching up on an important backlogged item to apply original join dates and membership numbers, and properly increment new member numbers for those that have joined in the past year.
Moving past this, the new data sets being applied are being checked line by line for completeness and errors dating all the way back to 1998 (this takes a lot of energy for one person) but i am confident the system will be back online just as soon as humanly possible.

The data is being applied by yearly chunks so as to ease processing on NSXCA's SQL backend, and prevent the issue that caused this.
Oh sweet, sweet hindsight...

For any other issues with NSXCA.org, member login or troubleshooting, (or comments, questions or general feedback) please feel free to reach out directly.

-Nathan Robertson
CTO | NSXCA
206-661-7069

-76 members automatic payment profiles were cancelled when their original join dates were applied

I was one of these. Do I have to have this setup again to be processed automatically?

Hey Nathan, thanks for heads up. If you need help please let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Anyone here know whats going on with the new membership I signed up on a few weeks ago? I have not heard anything or received anything yet.

Anyone here know whats going on with the new membership I signed up on a few weeks ago? I have not heard anything or received anything yet.

Hey there, Jinks!
That item is on me -- as we are fixing the database, we have not added any new members to it yet, but we DO have your info and will be adding quite a few new members once we have it stabilized this week.

Bear with us a little longer as we continue to adjust and pivot to the NSX communities digital needs.

-N

- - - Updated - - -

I was one of these. Do I have to have this setup again to be processed automatically?
I am are still in the process of nailing that down and am hoping to have it restored, but my guess is that it will have to be processed again manually which is a scenario that is yet to be clarified. Once the database is fixed and the site fully restored functionality wise, Ill be looking into exactly that, thanks for asking!!

Hey Nathan, thanks for heads up. If you need help please let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Very cool of you to offer, right now its a bit of a one man show unfortunately, but any feedback on the site, or navigation issues is always welcomed :)

This seems to be resolved. Fun fact: when you renew your membership and pay via PayPal you will be automatically enrolled for annual recurring payments. If you want to cancel that you have to go through PayPal obviously.

This seems to be resolved. Fun fact: when you renew your membership and pay via PayPal you will be automatically enrolled for annual recurring payments. If you want to cancel that you have to go through PayPal obviously.

Yep!
we had a TON of requests for this feature, and finally were able to provide it, but inversely have had some feedback that we could better explain at checkout that this is the case -- The overwhelming majority would rather their accounts remain active, but we also send reminders at the 30, 60, and 90 day marks from expiration.

Extra info on the checkout page is on the horizon, but unfortunately takes a back seat to the issues this new system is experiencing.
Keep the feedback coming!

Just renewed, worked fine, thanks!

Hey can anyone help me with a problem. I just renewed my membership (3/27) and I got a confirmation, but then a week later I was sent an e-mail that said my membership ended!? I know there was some issue with "auto-pay" on the website. I confirmed on my PayPal that the payment was received.

Chris Horne

Hey there, Jinks!
That item is on me -- as we are fixing the database, we have not added any new members to it yet, but we DO have your info and will be adding quite a few new members once we have it stabilized this week.

Bear with us a little longer as we continue to adjust and pivot to the NSX communities digital needs.

-N

- - - Updated - - -

I am are still in the process of nailing that down and am hoping to have it restored, but my guess is that it will have to be processed again manually which is a scenario that is yet to be clarified. Once the database is fixed and the site fully restored functionality wise, Ill be looking into exactly that, thanks for asking!!

Very cool of you to offer, right now its a bit of a one man show unfortunately, but any feedback on the site, or navigation issues is always welcomed :)

I have received my nsxca username and password. Thank you!

Hey can anyone help me with a problem. I just renewed my membership (3/27) and I got a confirmation, but then a week later I was sent an e-mail that said my membership ended!? I know there was some issue with "auto-pay" on the website. I confirmed on my PayPal that the payment was received.

Chris Horne

I passed on your Info to our IT zen master.

Bob,

As always, "thank you" for all the help.

Chris Horne

Hey Chris!
Ive fixed your account and do confirm you good to go for another year, sorry about the mixup -- your original join date was restored, which is what caused this issue.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the quick response and help!

Back