• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some guidance on suspension set ups

Post your favorite taco set ups! Hahah

Regan, Roger,.....Those 2 posts made my day...That was just too funny.
I'll be laughing about that all day, thanks....
You're both good guys I call brothers.

You should come out and start tracking with us at NASA TT events Regan....
This will make you a better driver....It has me, Nick, Jawn, Ravi and everyone else we know as drivers ourselves and those we have taught as instructors.
You're already a good driver, this I can assure you will make you better by far.

It's on my to-do list! But Roger knows all about my flaky schedule so i'm worthless at throwing out dates :)

I hope to go out there this year.

btw... i'm no where the driver you guys are. I just like geeking out over the technical setup stuff.

We have an event here in December on WHP, Main Track. The track is a blast to drive.
Nick & Patty will come out from CA, Ravi and I will be here for it. You'd have a blast.

You're faster than you think you are, I've been on track with you enough to know that.
I have no doubt you can hold your own with us.
Coming out to our events will make you faster because you'll follow those a little faster than you and learn why. Thats what we do.
You'll find yourself driving faster with less effort, you'll find out that many laps that feel slow are sometimes your best times.
Yup, you are a Geek, no doubt about that...but a lovable one :)

Now, that Roger guy....he's a dick.

It's on my to-do list! But Roger knows all about my flaky schedule so i'm worthless at throwing out dates :)
I hope to go out there this year.

btw... i'm no where the driver you guys are. I just like geeking out over the technical setup stuff.

Last edited:
Has anyone here took an early model and installed 02+ shocks and springs on their cars? For some reason or another the 02 looks like a more perfect ride height versus the jacked up 91 models. What is the difference of the shock and springs?

hmmm how quickly this turned into a cooking contest sans love fest...I like the random thoughts kinda like our NE section threads.....carry on....Jinks in general the spring rates and shock valving were softened for the targa cars...

Great information here, I really appreciate all the advise too.

I feel I need to reiterate the main take-aways so I too can be a faster driver and get the right suspension setup.

1. This COZ guy is obviously God and the NSX community worships his car and work that he performs on other cars. Good thing since he seduced me yesterday to buy Titanium Dave's compliance clamps.

2. Tacos make you faster.

3. Get a good taco pit crew for track support.

4. Better options than JRZ, get what make you feel faster and dream better like Dhalism and talk about how you're the best on the track only to wake up to wetting the bed.

5. RYU can't be taken seriously for any input.

6. Jinks has no idea what direction to go with his suspension setup and is more confused than when he originally started.

7. On a high note, Jinks is researching/eating some amazing tacos tonight and all through the rest of the week.

Let me know if I missed anything.✌🏻

Spot on!

Great information here, I really appreciate all the advise too.

I feel I need to reiterate the main take-aways so I too can be a faster driver and get the right suspension setup.

1. This COZ guy is obviously God and the NSX community worships his car and work that he performs on other cars. Good thing since he seduced me yesterday to buy Titanium Dave's compliance clamps.

4. Better options than JRZ, get what make you feel faster and dream better like Dhalism and talk about how you're the best on the track only to wake up to wetting the bed.

5. RYU can't be taken seriously for any input.

6. Jinks has no idea what direction to go with his suspension setup and is more confused than when he originally started.

7. On a high note, Jinks is researching/eating some amazing tacos tonight and all through the rest of the week.

Let me know if I missed anything.✌
I'm use to it as it's been the story of my life. Good summary! haha

Roflol...

great information here, i really appreciate all the advise too.

I feel i need to reiterate the main take-aways so i too can be a faster driver and get the right suspension setup.

1. This coz guy is obviously god and the nsx community worships his car and work that he performs on other cars. Good thing since he seduced me yesterday to buy titanium dave's compliance clamps.

4. Better options than jrz, get what make you feel faster and dream better like dhalism and talk about how you're the best on the track only to wake up to wetting the bed.

5. Ryu can't be taken seriously for any input.

7. On a high note, jinks is researching/eating some amazing tacos tonight and all through the rest of the week.

Let me know if i missed anything.✌🏻

[MENTION=16375]Dhalsim[/MENTION] hahahahahahaha.

Thanks for the positive review, I am working on offsetting your preference for a finley tuned spicy asada taco but not so spicy to where your 6 point racing harness sucks the tacos out of you on turn 1, causing a little brown salsa soup action on your nice Bride kelvar vinly wrapped racing seats.

Also any input for company name?
Science of Specialty Tacos?
MexiRicer's Trackside Tacos?
Wetback Taco Track?
Dhalsim's Brown Salsa?

Last edited:
I just had 6 tacos for lunch...

Bilsteins are somewhat harsh (especially when amplified running low profile rubber) when cold. But when warmed up these shocks are the best one can put on NSX for $550;

[MENTION=16375]Dhalsim[/MENTION] hahahahahahaha.

Thanks for the positive review, I am working on offsetting your preference for a finley tuned spicy asada taco but not so spicy to where your 6 point racing harness sucks the tacos out of you on turn 1, causing a little brown salsa soup action on your nice Bride kelvar vinly wrapped racing seats.

Also any input for company name?
Science of Specialty Tacos?
MexiRicer's Trackside Tacos?
Wetback Taco Track?
Dhalsim's Brown Salsa?

LMAO......I like Wetback Taco Track. Has a good sound to it

Can I get a list of the top taco houses when I come visit Murica

Moderators: Please change my topic thread to "how to choose the right tacos and salsas for the Nsx." I have been eating tacos all damn week and now I need the stiffer non compliance ride due to taco butt...

- - - Updated - - -

Bilsteins are somewhat harsh (especially when amplified running low profile rubber) when cold. But when warmed up these shocks are the best one can put on NSX for $550;
Good to know Roman, when I was following you and Rob through the twisties at the last Nsx meet, my Bok Choy "BC" coils were crying uncle. I just cannot see why people like these aftermarket buckets of garbage. Maybe it is because of the 10/10 BC springs I have, or maybe my 18/19 set up. Who knows. This is why I am looking for a plug and play set up. I'm not a track racer so I know no better. But I can say this, 90% of California roads are hammered. Therefore I am looking for a mild street set up with milder performance where I do not have to know geometry or be friends with Billy Johnson to understand. I am looking for a mid range all across the board. I think I am leaning towards oem with tein springs.
I also find it funny that amongst all things keeping everything oem on our cars, when the shocks blow out, everyone buys aftermarket. Isn't the crown jewel of our cars the suspension? Aftermarket is junk in my opinion. Unless it comes from sos or those great folks at CT engineering you can never get ahold of.

Moderators: Please change my topic thread to "how to choose the right tacos and salsas for the Nsx." I have been eating tacos all damn week and now I need the stiffer non compliance ride due to taco butt...

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know Roman, when I was following you and Rob through the twisties at the last Nsx meet, my Bok Choy "BC" coils were crying uncle. I just cannot see why people like these aftermarket buckets of garbage. Maybe it is because of the 10/10 BC springs I have, or maybe my 18/19 set up. Who knows. This is why I am looking for a plug and play set up. I'm not a track racer so I know no better. But I can say this, 90% of California roads are hammered. Therefore I am looking for a mild street set up with milder performance where I do not have to know geometry or be friends with Billy Johnson to understand. I am looking for a mid range all across the board. I think I am leaning towards oem with tein springs.
I also find it funny that amongst all things keeping everything oem on our cars, when the shocks blow out, everyone buys aftermarket. Isn't the crown jewel of our cars the suspension? Aftermarket is junk in my opinion. Unless it comes from sos or those great folks at CT engineering you can never get ahold of.

Jinks, for what I'm hearing you will be better off with Bilsteins with OEM springs on the lower perch. And yes your 18/19 combo definitely contributes much to how harsh your ride quality is.

Jinks, for what I'm hearing you will be better off with Bilsteins with OEM springs on the lower perch. And yes your 18/19 combo definitely contributes much to how harsh your ride quality is.
I think so. My only objection is the noise associated with aftermarket or Bilsteins. When I bought the car it came with 18/19's on oem suspension with lowering springs. When the shocks blew out, I went coil over. This is when I started to feel all the suspension parts cry uncle and flex. Bushings wearing down quickly, ball joints being knocked loose, etc...
I know the oem stuff is outdated but I am also looking for an all around set up. PM me when you will be at the next Nsx meet. I'd like to take a ride on your bilsteins and experience them. I will buy ya lunch.

This is totally off-topic but I just wanted to post how bad the JRZs are. Patrick Dempsey won the Daytona 24 enduro race in his Porcshe GT3 cup car with these same dampers. Just saying... :)

Too bad dampers wont make me a better driver. Thats up to me. Ok OK I'll stop now haha

12182741846_9d55e5b1cc_b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=31260]Jinks[/MENTION] I have used the Bilsteins before (on my black NSX and my old red one). While I do think they are a bit harsh they actually provide damping and are true bang for your buck improvements on the NSX. Looking into the Koni dampers would also be a worthwhile effort as well.

The only thing I would recommend is to not use progressive lowering springs with the Bilsteins. I think you're better off with standard lowering springs.

This is just $0.02. Take it fwiw.

Last edited:
This is totally off-topic but I just wanted to post how bad the JRZs are. Patrick Dempsey won the Daytona 24 enduro race in his Porcshe GT3 cup car with these same dampers. Just saying... :)

Too bad dampers wont make me a better driver. Thats up to me. Ok OK I'll stop now haha

12182741846_9d55e5b1cc_b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=31260]Jinks[/MENTION] I have used the Bilsteins before (on my black NSX and my old red one). While I do think they are a bit harsh they actually provide damping and are true bang for your buck improvements on the NSX. Looking into the Koni dampers would also be a worthwhile effort as well.

The only thing I would recommend is to not use progressive lowering springs with the Bilsteins. I think you're better off with standard lowering springs.

This is just $0.02. Take it fwiw.

Must have had a epic taco crew/truck👍🏻

Back