• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some guidance on suspension set ups

My pleasure !
Let us know what you think of them once you get them installed and dialed in !

My pleasure !
Let us know what you think of them once you get them installed and dialed in !
I am sure I will be impressed. Of my many many years on prime searching parts for sale, I think I encountered maybe 1 KW coil over for sale thread. The look like very robust coil overs. Quick question, may seem dumb and I think I know the answer but I just wanted to confirm as the instructions are a bit German-ish.
The rebound/lower setting, in the instructions it shows a special key to set rebound which came with the tool kit. But, according to the instruction pictures, it seems it is not needed as it has a dial already built in. Just want to confirm I do not need this key. Full hard is also at clockwise motion if I read correctly?
Also, it appears from the instructions that they recommend measuring from the center hub of the wheel to the lower portion of a stock fender should measure no more than 13.4 inches at a max lowering? Unless of course running aftermarket wider fenders? TIA...

Suspension is in! I cannot believe how comfortable these coil overs are! As soon as I sat in the car and pulled out of the garage, it felt rock solid. The car no longer skips, bounces, over steers, squeaks, and bottoms out at high speeds.
I am also running 225 up front. My tires are 35/30 walls and the car now rides just as comfortable as my 5 series Bmw with 50 walls. I also have much more rebound adjustment to make it even smoother. I installed all new top hat bushings which were available at a local auto parts store for 10 dollars a shock. The coil overs make absolutely ZERO noises. It's like a whole new car. This should cure the new car itch for a lil while. The only thing I didn't like about them is the locking pin on the spring perch. I could see how that could easily strip. Other than that, I REALLY like them!

I just got my first NSX after years of contemplating, finally pulled the trigger last week. Now I am waiting for it to be shipped, hope to get in in ~ 2 weeks. In the meantime I really want to do what the OP did and found this very helpful thread. I think I am going with KW as well.

This has been a great thread. Very helpful! Wanted to see if any of you have experience running Bilsteins with Swift springs. I'm looking for a set up that's comfortable on the street, capable during occasional track or X-cross events, not as high as OEM, and not dropped by 1.5". I'm in a '98 with 17/17 2002+ wheels. Swift spring rates are 3.9 front 4.6 rear.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. I've had a set of Swift springs here for almost 2 years, haven't pulled the trigger yet. But the drop and spring rate seems about perfect, paired with Bilsteins on the upper perch. Hope you get some responses.

Back