• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC hotel parking?

I'm looking to visit DC and I'm picky about where to park. Seems like most are valet parking and no hotel has a entrance way to just park it out front. Any hotel suggestions?

I'd like stay around National Mall area

Ya, in that area you are looking 100% underground garage and some of them are steep as all hell so you will want to know what you are getting in to before hand. I posted up your request on a local area exotic car group and I will see what they have to say. The only one I know of personally though is the Mandarin Oriental. The GoldRush rally used that as their hotel when they stopped by DC, so they know how to handle higher end cars. Their ramps are also friendly for lowered cars. The hotel is also a little out of the way - you really pretty much need to be going there to get to it which adds a layer of safety. It is pricey though.

I find it is not car friendly there (at least not retentively owned, nice cars). There's traffic, potholes, tight parking spaces, parallel parking, double parked delivery trucks and "important people", tourists, valets, parking $s, etc...did I mention traffic and distracted commuters?

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about staying at Gaylord seems it's outside dc so parking maybe easier.
Or stay in Virginia like Roslyn or Alexandria or crystal city?

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about staying at Gaylord seems it's outside dc so parking maybe easier.
Or stay in Virginia like Roslyn or Alexandria or crystal city?
Gaylord is nice and parking is convenient there. It is pretty far from the city though. Lots of options in Crystal City (where I live) and I would be happy to pre-scout any of them out if you want. Hell, I will pretty much scout out any place if you want. You are welcome to park in my driveway if you want if you are super paranoid.

Places in NoVA or even Montgomery County in MD are the way to go, definitely. As someone who used to daily in the DC area, I advise strongly against it unless there is a specific reason you want to drive your NSX in the city.

Thanks for offering your driveway!
I thought I would stay in National Mall area because I'll be spending most of my time there sight seeing.
Which hotel would you suggest that's few steps to the metro in crystal city?

- - - Updated - - -

Places in NoVA or even Montgomery County in MD are the way to go, definitely. As someone who used to daily in the DC area, I advise strongly against it unless there is a specific reason you want to drive your NSX in the city.
Luckily you live in Honalulu now. I was there last month and drove along the coast and wished I had my nsx with me.

Metro will take you around to most sights in the city very easily, so staying outside of the District itself at a hotel near a Metro station will work very well for you. You can park at the US Senate for things around the Hill on weekends but that won't be good enough to see many of the other attractions up/down the National Mall.

Also since you will have a car, I strongly recommend you check out the Udvar-Hazy Center near the Dulles Airport if the Air and Space Museum on the National Mall is of interest to you (Udvar-Hazy is the best Smithsonian, in my opinion). I will also promote Katie's Cars-and-Coffee if you have your NSX available on a Saturday morning; it is one of the best in the country. Enjoy DC!; Honolulu has its perks but from a car/driving enthusiast standpoint, DC has more to offer.

Last edited:
DO NOT park your car at a metro station and leave it there... If your car has aftermarket wheels, you'll seriously be at risk of having the wheels stolen or even your car stolen. Wheel thefts in the DC metro area have been insane lately. I would just call around to some hotels in the area you want to stay at to see if they have any special parking or secure parking. Georgetown area might be a place to look, they are no stranger to having high end exotics in and out of there all the time.

Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up parking my car at a friend's house in Dulles and took the train in. I saw a black nsx with exhaust mod on K street.

Back