• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recent AROSC Time Trials at Spring Mountain, NV - 3.4 Mile Mansell Course

All,

I participated in the Alfa Romeo Club of Southern California (AROSC) time trials at Spring Mountain over last weekend.

I have about 18 track days, including two High Performance Driving School weekends, under my belt over the past 2 years, but I'm still very much a novice in training.

However, I do feel that I'm ready to participate in the Intermediate Run Group, which I did at NSXPO 2015 in Palm Springs, and did well until I spun out LOL. However, for the first session on the first day at Spring Mountain, the event organizers placed me in the "upper intermediate group" where I was eaten up alive by high powered Vetts, GT3's, GTR's, a 360 Moderna, and various other monsters, some race prepped. I spent most of my time looking in my mirrors and letting cars pass, which was no fun. So, for the second session I asked to be placed in the "lower intermediate group", where I fitted in just fine. I was generally posting times that put me in the middle of the pack, but I did move up the ladder towards the end of the second day.

My goal was to get under 3 minutes, which I did on the last session of the second day. However, I needed to shave of 18 seconds from my first run of the weekend.

I did take several videos and after reviewing them, I now know where I can shave off a few seconds the next time I run at Spring Mountain. I'll try and post links to some of the videos. However, for some reason, I have used up my photo/video posting allowance. So, when I can resolve this problem, I'll post a link to videos of some of my runs. If you see anything that that will help me be a better driver, I would appreciate the impute!

Best,

Mario

Last edited:
Back