• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's the best navigation system to fit in a navpod.

Hey everyone, I've ordered my nav pod and am looking for advice regarding the best tablet/screen/system to run. I'm looking for that factory feel and functionality while being able to use the display as my navigation/digital radio/camera monitor.

Thanks in advance for the advice! Doing my best to not mess things up.

Pioneer AppRadio4
- app based nav, no constant updates
- android or apple integration
- itunes
- bluetooth phone
- rear camera
- aux inputs

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ur-setup-as-well-as-why-you-chose-this-route?
see post #10

the hardest part is finding a cable to remote mount the screen since the complete unit will not fit in the OEM nav pod.

Thanks! Super helpful. Curious, has the mounting location for the CPU been a problem after having this setup for a while. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Very specific question here...do you use Spotify on your AppRadio4? Haven't been able to find a clear answer on if it is compatible...looks like it was but is not currently listed in the apps mentioned on the Pioneer spec page.

Also, if you have a lead on where to find one of those cables I'd be happy to hunt it down.

Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

For me, it was the ease of doing this as a DIY. I only use it for Bluetooth to the cell, direction, traffic report and backup camera.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...armin-GPS-with-Wireless-Backup-Camera-Project

Frankie

Awesome Frankie...Thanks for making this so detailed.

Going to check out a few options and see what folks have at the Mideast Mini NSXPO in 2 weeks.

Appreciate it!

Last edited:
Thanks! Super helpful. Curious, has the mounting location for the CPU been a problem after having this setup for a while. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

Very specific question here...do you use Spotify on your AppRadio4? Haven't been able to find a clear answer on if it is compatible...looks like it was but is not currently listed in the apps mentioned on the Pioneer spec page.

Also, if you have a lead on where to find one of those cables I'd be happy to hunt it down.

Thanks again.

I've had it mounted in the passenger footwell for about 6 months, works great!
The cable is a 45" 60pin ribbon cable with 0.5 mm spacing-I can look for more details later. I found it on a "eBay" like site for electronics, it was a cable for the inside of a LG flat screen TV.

And the Spotify icon is on my "apple car play" screen, it should work. But I don't use it..I have a big iTunes library.

Rich

Last edited:
I've had it mounted in the passenger footwell for about 6 months, works great!
The cable is a 45" 60pin ribbon cable with 0.5 mm spacing-I can look for more details later. I found it on a "eBay" like site for electronics, it was a cable for the inside of a LG flat screen TV.

And the Spotify icon is on my "apple car play" screen, it should work. But I don't use it..I have a big iTunes library.

Rich

Thanks again!

I would suggest to think of using Phone plus built in charger with an option to adjust the dimensions of phone/flush look. All others become obsolete over time. Good luck! post pics.

Last edited:
I would suggest to think of using Phone with a built in charger with an option to adjust the dimensions of phone/flush look. All others become obsolete over time. Good luck! post pics.

That's why I chose to install a unit with Apple car play/ android intergration ��

Back