• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinions on ceramic paint protections

I have used c-quartz in the past and it lasts only 1 yr for daily driving. I have seen other ceramic paint protections wolfgang, 22PLE. I would like your opinions or other brand names on which one would last the longest for every day driving.

1. c-quartz ......lasts 1 yr

2. 22PLE .... no experience.

3. wolfgang Uber ceramic coating...no experience and quite expensive, and cost $199.99 for 30 cc syringe.

4. Opti- coating......No experience.

Last edited:
I tried opti coat on my NSX last year. Having spent a lot of money for a tiny amount of product, I feel somewhat stupid admitting that there is no discernible difference in the finish or the durability of the finish compared to what I get with an application of straight carnuba wax on the car. I think the reason people wax (no pun) ecstatic about the product is that having forked over the $, you have to believe that its doing miracles or accept the fact that you are a sucker for a good marketing pitch.

Save your money. Do a good polish on the car and then apply a good paste wax.

Last edited:
i had opti-coat on my M3 DD,and it was worn off in about 3-4 years ,which isn't bad. i agree that the finish isn't spectacular,but it served my purpose of protecting the paint without having to wax it. the detailer who applied if for me said that was its main benefit,and that you can't really wax it even if you want to because it's slick enough that the wax won't adhere.
for my new DD,i think i'm just going to use Optimum's spray car wax 3-4 times a year, that should keep it looking good and protected without the trouble of opticoating it.

My detailer handles both C-Quartz and Opti-Coat. He says C-Quartz is not for your DD but for your weekend car. Opti-Coat is more durable and suited for your DD. I just had Opti-Coat applied to my Jeep GC 2 months ago so cannot yet comment on a real life experience.

My detailer handles both C-Quartz and Opti-Coat. He says C-Quartz is not for your DD but for your weekend car. Opti-Coat is more durable and suited for your DD. I just had Opti-Coat applied to my Jeep GC 2 months ago so cannot yet comment on a real life experience.

So Opti-coat would be better, and how often do you have to do it again?

i had opti-coat on my M3 DD,and it was worn off in about 3-4 years ,which isn't bad. i agree that the finish isn't spectacular,but it served my purpose of protecting the paint without having to wax it. the detailer who applied if for me said that was its main benefit,and that you can't really wax it even if you want to because it's slick enough that the wax won't adhere.
for my new DD,i think i'm just going to use Optimum's spray car wax 3-4 times a year, that should keep it looking good and protected without the trouble of opticoating it.

If I choose to have another (different brand name) ceramic coat over the old one, would it adhere?

If I choose to have another (different brand name) ceramic coat over the old one, would it adhere?

good question,and i'm not sure of the answer,but suspect it might be a problem

Back