• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Classic Days meeting at Magny-Cours France

Last week end I attended the Classic days meeting in Magny-Cours.
The weather on saturday was horrible with almost continuous rain and pretty cold.
As my car has no ABS and no traction control it was pretty difficult to stay on track.
My tires are the Pirelli P Zero Corsa's that the 350 hp Lotus Exige's use.
In my first session out I merely followed a Porsche 911 RS.
The sunday outings were much better as the track was dry.
The car performed faultlessly and I'll comment later on on my new catch can setup.
Here's the saturday's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTQzjPp6a3A

and a picture from sunday

NSX%20Magny-Cours_zpszq25pwgp.png

Before the outing, I had installed a new catch can with a Moroso Air/oil separator, the outlet of which is connected between the air filter and the turbo inlet.
I emptied the AOS twice, first when I got to the track after about 500 km and there was only a trace of water with a horrible smell of burned gasses and petrol.
The second time was after a heavy track session and another 500 km drive home.
This time there was a couple of cubic centimeters with the same viscosity and smell ( picture below)
The difference this time is that there was a very fine layer of oil vaporized around the turbo's BOV but nothing compared to the previous setup without the AOS!
Does this oil mist still come from the AOS or is it from the lubrication of the turbo itself?
Any experience out there?

DSCF6959_zpsl1nbcxko.jpg

Last edited:
Back