• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there still a Cars & Coffee meet in Knoxville?

Unfortunate timing, I plan on leaving the first couple weeks in August. This is the first time I've broke the news on prime but I am going to live out of my NSX from August Till NSXPO! I plan on heading Northwest as far possible then working my way back down south. I will be at VIR for ITR expo then down to NSXPO from there.

Hope to see yall at EXPO!

I see that this thread is about a year old, but I thought I would reach out anyway to see if there are any NSX'ers in the Knoxville, TN area. I'm moving from Phoenix next month (July 2017)and plan to bring an NSX. Also, I could use some advice on open car hauler trailer brands (The NSX I'm bringing is a rat rod!) and some recommendations for open trailer shipping companies with good prices as an option to towing the rat myself.

Thanks in Advance,

Mark

Hi Mark, I cannot really help recommend an open hauling transport company. Truthfully you might want to price a U-Haul car trailer and just hauling it yourself. Are you moving to the Knoxville area? This will be a major change of scenery coming from Phoenix! There are a few NSX owners in the area, unfortunately life keeps most off this forum.

~ Steven

Steven,
Thanks for your response. I didn't get very far with U-Haul, but I was short on time and didn't get a chance to ask enough questions. I'm using a 4.0L V6 Nissan Frontier with a tow package to pull the trailer, so I'm not sure yet what their issue is. I would much prefer to rent a trailer and haul myself vs. buying a trailer and needing to store it in TN. Hoping to meet up with some NSX'ers and sport riders who can show me some of the local roads when I move to the Knoxville area mid to late July. Looking to rent a house with garage. Not familiar with TN but have lived in Virginia and Pennsylvania.:smile:NSX Ranch.jpg

Regards,

Mark

Steven,
Thanks for your response. I didn't get very far with U-Haul, but I was short on time and didn't get a chance to ask enough questions. I'm using a 4.0L V6 Nissan Frontier with a tow package to pull the trailer, so I'm not sure yet what their issue is. I would much prefer to rent a trailer and haul myself vs. buying a trailer and needing to store it in TN. Hoping to meet up with some NSX'ers and sport riders who can show me some of the local roads when I move to the Knoxville area mid to late July. Looking to rent a house with garage. Not familiar with TN but have lived in Virginia and Pennsylvania.:smile:View attachment 145472

Regards,

Mark

I assume the blue NSX is yours, since it resembles the one in your avatar? Depending on where you need to be located (Knoxville proper or outlying areas) the rental market here seems somewhat limited. There is a lot of windy, twisty roads in the area, the best and most infamous is the Tail of the Dragon. But, there are plenty of interesting backroads throughout east Tennessee. Just a FYI, there is a huge Cars & Coffee coming up on July 16th located at West Town Mall, 8am to 11 am. If you are in the area you might check it out, I'm not sure I'll be going but there are hundreds of cars attending.

~Steven

I assume the blue NSX is yours, since it resembles the one in your avatar? Depending on where you need to be located (Knoxville proper or outlying areas) the rental market here seems somewhat limited. There is a lot of windy, twisty roads in the area, the best and most infamous is the Tail of the Dragon. But, there are plenty of interesting backroads throughout east Tennessee. Just a FYI, there is a huge Cars & Coffee coming up on July 16th located at West Town Mall, 8am to 11 am. If you are in the area you might check it out, I'm not sure I'll be going but there are hundreds of cars attending.

~Steven

The avatar is from my first NSX 99' MCB which I no longer own. The one in the pic is the 98' which I picked up in Virginia earlier this year. I guess I'm too lazy to change the avatar, but from that view, both cars look the same. I would love to make it to the Cars & Coffee, but unfortunately, I don't think I'll get to Knoxville by the 16th. Looking forward to exploring some of the local roads. It would be great if you could put out the word an pick a date sometime in August.

Thanks,

Mark

Back