• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is there still a Cars & Coffee meet in Knoxville?

I know about the C&C in the Nashville area, my question is if anyone knows whether there is a C&C held in the Knoxville area. Hopefully someone can answer my question, I'm anxious to drive on the area roads (including the Tail of the Dragon) with the NSX and my CR's. :smile:

I know about the C&C in the Nashville area, my question is if anyone knows whether there is a C&C held in the Knoxville area. Hopefully someone can answer my question.

Are you almost settled in? Haha.

Harper Auto Group (owns the local Acura dealership) puts on 3 or 4 a year at West Town mall. Those are huge. I think they're averaging nearly a thousand cars now. European Auto Garage also does a monthly one at their shop, but it's a small area and I avoid that one simply because parking is horrendous. Both groups post on Facebook as to when the events are.

I'm anxious to drive on the area roads (including the Tail of the Dragon) with the NSX and my CR's. :smile:

Come on with it then! Definitely looking forward to when you arrive and are completely settled in. My wife and I met another local couple with an S2000 at the S2ki.com Wake the Dragon event looking for people to drive with. We'll all have to get together!

I wish I was already moved....... dreading that whole affair! I plan on the doing the Fall Dragon event if everything garage wise is completed ! Sounds like the Harper C&C is the one to attend then, I think I saw where they have one in July. I might try to attend that one if the "stars align". Lol!

I'll cross everything that the move progresses smoothly! I haven't seen the Facebook event for the July C&C, but if I can make it into town, I'll be there. Even if you don't drive the NSX or a CR, there is a lot of very nice machinery to take a look at.

Keep me posted about the Fall S2ki event. I haven't decided just yet. Gotta talk to the boss, as her birthday is that Sunday and we had talked about doing a long weekend waterfall trip in the NSX down to Helen, GA. The problem with the Fall event is that registration closes in about 2 weeks. :confused2:

Edit: Yay! 100th post. :biggrin2:

Last edited:
Anyone thinking of attending the July 10th C&C at the West Town Mall? If the weather cooperates I'm thinking of attending and would love to meet any local NSX owners.

~Steven

Did you complete your move and get all settled in? I'm currently planning on making the trip home that weekend to attend the 7/10 C&C event. Let me know as we get closer. I'd love to meet some more local owners as well. Shoot me a PM with your contact info if you want, and we can plan better outside the forums.

Hi John, all moved in and enjoying the highly entertaining game of unpacking a endless supply of boxes! :eek: Any other NSX owners lurking this site want to join John and I at the next C&C on July 10 ?

~ Steven

According to Accuweather Saturday's weather should be fine at least until the afternoon, so for those that have attended before what is the recommended time to show up to get a parking spot?

According to Accuweather Saturday's weather should be fine at least until the afternoon, so for those that have attended before what is the recommended time to show up to get a parking spot?

Sorry to be so slow to respond. Even at 8am you'll get a spot, but it won't be a very good one. People keep saying early, and I think that's starting to mean before 7am to park in the "main" section. These events keep getting bigger and bigger, so people keep showing up earlier and earlier.

I dont have a FB, but I can see the main picture and the event looks HUGE compared to the 30 cars in Asheville!

What time do you yall plan on arriving? I would prob need to leave AVL around 5am to make it by 7am.

I am going to rebleed my brakes tmrw and keep shaking down this NSX over the next two days but I still am planning on coming.

I dont have a FB, but I can see the main picture and the event looks HUGE compared to the 30 cars in Asheville!

Yeah, these events are getting huge. I think the last number I heard was 1600, but that's total cars and not just cars being shown.

What time do you yall plan on arriving? I would prob need to leave AVL around 5am to make it by 7am.

I sent Steven a message earlier today to pick his brain on how early he wants to get up. Once we pick a time, we can pick a place to meet up and roll in together.

So far we have three NSX's at this Sundays Cars and Coffee. Just in case any other NSX owners are lurking out there we will be meeting up in the parking lot of Cheddars at 7 am Sunday. We invite any and all NSX's to join us, just be sure to show up around 7 am, as we will be making the short drive to C&C.

Meet up location: Cheddars 8390 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN
Time: 7:00 am

~ Steven

We invite any and all NSX's to join us, just be sure to show up around 7 am, as we will be making the short drive to C&C.

If anyone else decides to join us, please let me know here. I called in to Harper Acura yesterday, and asked them to provide some priority parking for us NSX owners. I have not heard back officially, so no promises. Just wanted to let you know that it was discussed and we may have some priority.

I will update as I know more. :biggrin2:

Haha. Harper already got some of mine.

I spoke with them today, and while they don't have "reserved" spots for us, they will put us in their area if we get there while there's still room. The earlier we get there the better, but they expect an arrival of 7:15ish should be fine. Bill Johnson will be our name to drop when we arrive. I can explain more when we meet as to which direction to turn when we enter the lot.

Had a great time today at Harper C&C, interesting mix of cars for sure. It was great meeting you John (KnoxVegas), hopefully we can get together again soon.

It was great to meet you too Steve! I agree; next time I'm in town I'll be sure to get with you to get together.

Maybe we can head out east to [MENTION=30095]JohnWayne[/MENTION]'s territory. Sorry to hear about the the axle John!

I only took two shots, but it was a great (but warm) day.

20160710_101131.jpg20160710_083336.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Steven and John,

We will link up soon! Sorry I couldnt make it Ill have the axle fixed once parts arrive tmrw. Let me know if either of yall are wanting to come over the mtn and Ill do the same.

Good luck on the axle! I probably won't be making any more trips until after I get back from my vacation in early August. But once I do I'll be sure to let you know!

The next C&C should be in Sept. or Oct., so I vote we start now to get a really big group together for that one! I also plan on making a thread to try to organize some more NSX (both local and otherwise) to go to the S2Ki.com DragonBall Run the weekend of 9/30-10/02 at Tapoco Lodge once more details are released! Whether or not my wife and I go is based on when she will sit for her CIH exam around that time.

Back