• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is navigation a standard feature?

In the specification summary in the configurator it shows navigation as a standard feature in the audio and technology section.
On the factory options section in the configurator, it shows a $2800 technology package that includes 9 speakers, navigation, AcuraLink and parking sensors.
I noticed in the owners manual Bruce Winter linked in that the map and navigation symbols on the screen on page 21 are asterisked as "not available on all models"

Can we assume that the standard premium audio includes navigation and the optional tech package only adds an extra speaker and parking sensors?
Or for navigation we have to buy the $2800 option?

Last edited:
You need the tech package to get navigation. Also, it looks like you are looking at the US configurator, not the Canadian one. We get the ELS audio system standard, but apparently not the rear camera. Neither one lists the nav as standard.

I'm pretty sure that all models include Android Auto and Apple Car Play. This provides you with navigation on the car's screen using your cell phone as a slave device. I've used the maps on Android Auto and they work better than the built-in navigation that Honda/Acura puts in their cars. So if navigation is all you want then I'd say the Technology Package is a waste of money.

You need the tech package to get navigation. Also, it looks like you are looking at the US configurator, not the Canadian one. We get the ELS audio system standard, but apparently not the rear camera. Neither one lists the nav as standard.

I looked at both configurators.
If you click on "view full specs" in the Canadian configurator and look under the "entertainment" section it shows the 9 speaker system audio as standard with navigation, Apple CarPlay etc all as standard with only Sirius radio as an option. It implies navigation is included.
Further down under Factory Options it shows a tech package with nav, AcuraLink and parking sensors.
And then it shows another tech pack that includes Sirius.

In the US configurator the specs are in the same place but labelled "audio and technology"
There it shows both audio options, the 8 or 9 speaker versions and also implies nav is included.

Nowhere does it state on either spec sheet that nav is an option.

Strange that the Canadian spec shows the 9 speaker system as standard while the US is 8 with optional 9.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure that all models include Android Auto and Apple Car Play. This provides you with navigation on the car's screen using your cell phone as a slave device. I've used the maps on Android Auto and they work better than the built-in navigation that Honda/Acura puts in their cars. So if navigation is all you want then I'd say the Technology Package is a waste of money.

I'm kind of a tech luddite but I have an Apple iPhone 6S.
If I understand you correctly it sounds like I can plug my phone in and use Apple maps as my navigation system.
The NSX touch screen would be used by the iPhone to show the nav info plus you can take/make calls?
This sounds better than a proprietary in car system doesn't it?

Last edited:
Back