• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

POWER... but how much should i/would you?

My new motor will exceed my balls...

So i want to make sure of the recommended power levels for reliability vs fun.

Clutch, LSD and rear axles have been upgraded.

just leaves my box, am i correct? or missed anything else weak off the list?

Is 550whp the safe spot? can i push more or should i back off a little?

I have 12 boost settings. Running the max whp would only be a minimal time and certainly not for launching.

The car has launch control with limited boost in first and second also to further protect things.

I am wondering if i would be safe to run say 600whp on the highest setting, even if i was a complete fool and forgot it was left it in high boost and launched the car with the first and second restricted boost would i be ok? or does this also include full throttle shifts in third? Also the fact of the 12 settings, i wouldn't need to turn it all the way very often.

What would you run? what is safe?

Out of curiosity what would 550, 600whp put me up against? car wise, fast cars have came along a long way in the last year.

I am at 557rwhp and my car will run 11.7 @ 132mph with a horrible 2.3 60ft. You can usually compare trap speeds for what you will run across. A Hellcat will trap around 125mph and a Z06 will trap about 128mph. I have run a 11.1@127mph with 508rwhp and a 1.72 60ft

Trust me you'll get used to the power,and fast...if you're at 550who you'll quickly think 600 would be just right. Wasnt till I was well over 600rwhp that I felt it was enough.

Interestingly enough, my FGT has over 800rwhp/800rwtq and I think it needs another 150 to 200 lol

It's addicting to say the least. I think it comes down to the person but looking back at things I wish I spent the money to sleeve my motor the first time when rebuilding so I could run more power now. I'm pretty limited without sleeves...

Good to see people running more than 550.

Are these on stock gearboxes? Mine is a 5 speed.

I'm thinking if i was to take it to the track or drag strip, as long as i have the rev limiter for launch control and restricted boost in first and second then i shouldn't be applying to much strain on the stock box for the bhp i would be running.

I'm just trying to be careful, and once i get it back i don't break it ;).

I wouldn't mind running the same bhp as an Enzo, I think it's 650hp at the fly, my turbo i'm hoping should just have enough puff for that.

I know i have a Garrett GTX turbo and it's the 35 series but there are several in that range and one is good for an estimated 650 which i assume is at the fly.

I have not posted here for a while as I have been very busy....not with the NSX. I am still running 630 hp on a stock block( cometic head gaskets and ARP head studs). I have run it at the track and at the dragstrip. I have broke an axle,hurt 1 transmission,smoked 1 clutch, and hurt 1 piston 20000 miles ago. I am still using the 5-speed and now have a SOS carbon/carbon clutch. I know running a stock engine with this setup is not for everyone ,but this is what I have done.
To answer your question...enough is never enough. With this much hp at the wheels I have not lost on the street(I dont race a lot on the street though) and have run a 10.7 at the dragstrip. So it depends entirely on you and your goals. I am presently building a motor so I can turn up the boost and really break some stuff :)

Back