• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bosch cop coils

Because of the demand from many NSX Prime members i finaly decided to start producing coil sets ! Harnes board is under construction. Wires are going into PVC
tube and quality is like OEM harnes!
KIT IS 100% bolt on ! No cutting needed on original harneses ! This was tricky but i find solution for it . Later on it is recomended to conect 12 v power syply to original coil power suply
wires for better reability. First set is ready next week ! No i have tested this coil set in my 1994 NSX about 2000 km. One of best money spend product ! This car is good test bench
car goes in one mile top speed 307 kmh (192Mil/h) and it does not need high boost for it !
First five sets goes 700 USD ! + shipping (us about 45-55usd) .
Send Private mail or e-mail [email protected]

Last edited:
Ready to go ! First set shipped out !

Attachments

• COP301.jpg
    COP301.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 430
DSCF0861.jpg

Finished up the install, thanks for providing this product.

DSCF0860.jpg

Gary

Attachments

• DSCF0857.jpg
    DSCF0857.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCF0858.jpg
    DSCF0858.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
"Finished up the install, thanks for providing this product."

Thanks ! No broblem !

Correct orientation is like on picture .

Attachments

• DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 414
I want a set. Please PM me your bank account or paypal. I need it shipped to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

These look very cool. What holds them in place? The coil pack cover?

These look very cool. What holds them in place? The coil pack cover?

Friction holds them. I have rubber grinding macine so i coud make it perfect fit + Rubber booth is very sticy to plug and special crease from beru comes with in the set. if you dont want to hide these under plastic cover you dont need any devices to hold them. But if you put covers on use rubbers what comes with set. (picture)

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 395
dwell time

You need to make harnes for it . +12 volt from old power suply , 2x Ground (same point as oem ingniter) , and trigger wires 1-6 . Bosch cop coil has 4 pins ( 12v , Two ground points , and one trigger)
I try find 6 pin conector for trigger conector, find it after i did this mod , but soldering works too.

- - - Updated - - -
Hi, I have a 1jz that I am wanting to do a coil swap on and I was wondering if you know what the dwell time is on these coils. I have been looking and I can't find it anywhere. thanks

3 ms on start > 2,5 on idle > 1000- rev limit 1,9 ms

Just wondering whats the difference between these coils and the K series coils? Do these coils seal on the valve covers to stop them filling with water?

These coils dont need adapters. I have macined rubber seals to fit OEM covers . Perfect fit . Thats why we dont sell harnes without coils > Coils are special mede for NSX . About Bosch coils performance . I had never
run out spark using these coils ! Ethanol fuel + 2,5 (38psi) bar boost no problem.

Will this upgrade get rid of hesitation at heavy load? Currently my turbo nsx hesitates for awhile when i am reaching 200kmh at full load.

Will this upgrade get rid of hesitation at heavy load? Currently my turbo nsx hesitates for awhile when i am reaching 200kmh at full load.

1. C30A has some problems on crank trigger which is located on cam shaft! System works ok when engine accelerates fast. Gears 1[SUP]st[/SUP] to 4[SUP]th[/SUP] there is no big problems but when you chance 4[SUP]th[/SUP] to 5[SUP]th[/SUP] or using 5[SUP]th[/SUP] gear, there is point when cam timing system has huge vibrations and that causes timing errors to engine. When testing a car on 2 mile runaway place you can feel it, data logger has rpm movement 50-120 rpm. Problem is always in same spot 6800-7200 rpm. I made new trigger system on crank and now problem is solved and disturbing rpm movement is only 0-20 rpms (according to HKS datalog value). CAM reference point (sync) is still on cam. With new trigger system rpm signal is very stable at idle up to rev limit, you can feel it and hear it! BUT problem is still there! Cam timing error does not go nowhere, but now your crank timing is perfect and steady and engine runs like a dream.
2. Weak spark ..

hesitates or misfires ?

1. C30A has some problems on crank trigger which is located on cam shaft! System works ok when engine accelerates fast. Gears 1[SUP]st[/SUP] to 4[SUP]th[/SUP] there is no big problems but when you chance 4[SUP]th[/SUP] to 5[SUP]th[/SUP] or using 5[SUP]th[/SUP] gear, there is point when cam timing system has huge vibrations and that causes timing errors to engine. When testing a car on 2 mile runaway place you can feel it, data logger has rpm movement 50-120 rpm. Problem is always in same spot 6800-7200 rpm.

I noticed very slight misfires on my engine too in this RPM range. EDIT: Actually, my logs showed problems between 7000 to 7500 RPM.

A new camshaft/crankshaft position sensor cured it. Mine is a '92 with ~125k miles, so if yours is of similar vintage, you might consider replacing it too.

I like the coils. When one of my coils dies I will most likely upgrade to this.

Last edited:
I bought a kit from as motorsports for my lovefab turbo nsx with aem ems 30-1040. It starts fine but when it warms up it misfires at low rpm. Any suggestion on how to diagnose and solve the problem?

What are the coil dwell settings in your AEM?

I have no idea. I will check. BTW what should be the correct dwell settings for this Bosch coil? Thanks

Your Dwell vs RPM Table is too high ( 175 ) It shoud be Flat 100 . Your Dwell vs Battery volts is close OK . But Chance 6 volt value to 70-75 % 12 value to 50 % and 16 to 37 ..make it nice using
Craph table. It shoud work . No you are heating up your series one driver.

It shoud help

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion. Much appreciated. However the settings which you recommended didnt solve the problem. My nsx still misfires at low rpm after the engine has warmed up.

anyone with this coil uses aem 30-1040? Would appreciate it very much if you can email me the base map. [email protected]. TIA

Back