• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bosch cop coils

Audi R 8 coils on NSX . These are good up to 250hp / cylinder ! No igniter needed . Perfect fitment , No mods on OEM Magnesium covers needed !

Attachments

• NSX COP.jpg
    NSX COP.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Interesting. So what o you do with the igniter? You mean it is literally plug and play??

No retaining bolts (as per stock coils) so what holds them in place? Friction fit of rubber boot on plug?

Since this is an R8 application, I presume that it does not support the rather uncommon Honda misfire detection circuit in the OBDII compliant cars? No igniter suggests that these coils require a logic level trigger which requires a by-pass of the external igniter on the NSX? Have you confirmed that the dwell requirements of the coils match up with the dwell curve programmed into the Honda ECU, or is this an application only for people using aftermarket ECUs with user programmable dwell?

Interesting. So what o you do with the igniter? You mean it is literally plug and play??

You need to make harnes for it . +12 volt from old power suply , 2x Ground (same point as oem ingniter) , and trigger wires 1-6 . Bosch cop coil has 4 pins ( 12v , Two ground points , and one trigger)
I try find 6 pin conector for trigger conector, find it after i did this mod , but soldering works too.

- - - Updated - - -

No retaining bolts (as per stock coils) so what holds them in place? Friction fit of rubber boot on plug?

Since this is an R8 application, I presume that it does not support the rather uncommon Honda misfire detection circuit in the OBDII compliant cars? No igniter suggests that these coils require a logic level trigger which requires a by-pass of the external igniter on the NSX? Have you confirmed that the dwell requirements of the coils match up with the dwell curve programmed into the Honda ECU, or is this an application only for people using aftermarket ECUs with user programmable dwell?

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
Excellent! You should make a plug-and-play kit and sell it!

+1

I would purchase this kit for a 1995 2 pin.

If you made a 1990-1995 kit people would buy it purely based on cost vs the replacement cost of oem.

I'm guessing this would produce a better spark? so on boosted cars may help with spark blow out, on NA cars, may see a slight boost in power. very slight ;).

Stronger spark , no misfires anymore. Advantage only on high cylinder pressure like turbos.

Attachments

• NSXCOPWIRES.jpg
    NSXCOPWIRES.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 563
I have very good/powerfull engine and since i start this turbo project over 7 years ago i have had misfires problems all the time.

I have OEM coils from 94 and 97 engines and with new BKR7EIX plugs capped 0,5-55 mm car runs one season( 3000-5000 km) or less . It is not normal.

Evos , supras same plugs last years ! SO sparks is so weak at it works only clean plugs.

Rough estimate gives price for 6 coils and harnes + hardware 700-750 usd ( tax free) . ship 60€ (tax free) . What you think ?

It is ass bolt on as it coud be ! Needs only 6 power suply wires to conected with conector or solder joint (recomended)

30521-PR7-A03 RR coil ..no price anymore ?

I have very good/powerfull engine and since i start this turbo project over 7 years ago i have had misfires problems all the time.

I have OEM coils from 94 and 97 engines and with new BKR7EIX plugs capped 0,5-55 mm car runs one season( 3000-5000 km) or less . It is not normal.

Evos , supras same plugs last years ! SO sparks is so weak at it works only clean plugs.

Rough estimate gives price for 6 coils and harnes + hardware 700-750 usd ( tax free) . ship 60€ (tax free) . What you think ?

It is ass bolt on as it coud be ! Needs only 6 power suply wires to conected with conector or solder joint (recomended)

Its about $210 for a set of 6 oem coil pack. $750 is a little high in my opinion but best of luck to you. You worked hard and made the nsx word a better place.

http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~coil~rr~ignition~30521-PR7-A03.html

http://www.acurapartsforless.com/ac...-cord-scat/?part_name=coil-fr-ignition-tc-15a

Last edited:
How you got this 210$ ? If one OEM NSX coil cost over 100$ ?

^That is correct. Oem coil packs cost a small fortune!!!

How you got this 210$ ? If one OEM NSX coil cost over 100$ ?

Dont get me wrong operator, I just bought a set online . Check the prices on my post I left the website there to show you. I'm going turbo soon also and I'm definately going to run your setup if I also miss fire. It is good to know what works and what doesn't just incase.

I can defenitely benefit from this. If you can market the harness, I'd get a set also.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dont get me wrong operator, I just bought a set online . Check the prices on my post I left the website there to show you. I'm going turbo soon also and I'm definately going to run your setup if I also miss fire. It is good to know what works and what doesn't just incase.
Your name has to be NO-Money :) . Why everyone is telling my att set of OEM coil cost over 600$..you 200+$ . Who is talking bullshit here ?

Your name has to be NO-Money :) . Why everyone is telling my att set of OEM coil cost over 600$..you 200+$ . Who is talking bullshit here ?

Lmao,
im sorry if I'm mistaken. Sorry , sorry, sorry. No need to get personal. Again I apologize . Do your thing man.

Last edited:
The 3.2 coil packs are cheap for the set of 6 (the obd2 ones) as per neumoney says.

The 3.0 coilpacks are the expensive ones. (As per operator says)

I think if a kit was offered it would be best if it came with a plug so plugged straight in to the factory cable. This would appeal to allot more people as it would be a DIY home install taking an hour.

Bare in mind though pre 97 has 2 pin connectors are you know but 97+ have 3 connectors. There would need to be 2 kits in this case.

All the confusion regarding cost is because they are quoting the price of 97+ coils which are a fraction of the price.

97+ plus owners can not look at this thinking of cost saving over oem because it will be more but instead see it as a performance upgrade, not only will you have a better spark that can lead to increase in performance but it is allot safer for your motor and could save you a small fortune down the line.

Do these bolt in like the oem? or are they just press fit?

thanks.

I am not gona offer kits anyone. So pick up ideas and free to use ! Look pictures !

Rest of wires read all mails on this tread. All is there what you need ! Bolt on it can be done but it is really diffucult to find oem conectors/pins. AND this is Final mod ! After you install bosch coils you are not coming back !

OLD INFO kits are in production

Last edited:
Back