• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what happened around here???

Please
Yeah, I still check in from time to time, but Facebook is where I spend most of my online time these days. The immediacy (i.e. receiving notifications on phone), use of real names as opposed to Prime handles and avatars, and immediate photo sharing make it far more ideal for regular communication than a forum format.

The downside is that it is MUCH harder to find or revisit specific topics of conversation on Facebook.

I would like to see Prime stay viable since it is a valued resource. But as us regulars visit the site less and less, response times will slow...

On the bright side, it's not like our SoCal community is any less active. Just a couple of weeks ago we had over 40 NSXs attend the 2016 Eibach Honda Meet...which, of course, was organized on Facebook

http://www.akira3d.com/NSX/Meets/2016-0515-Eibach-Honda-Meet/

031_S7_20160515_091833-X3.jpg

This is kinda what I'm talking about... Sadly people would rather pay money to hang out in a parking lot rather then do an old fashion canyon run for free these days :confused:

Btw, how could that meet not be posted on here by one of those 40 people ??

.. I got off farcebook years ago.....guess I have to get back on since Prime is slowly dying.:mad:

Last edited:
Please

This is kinda what I'm talking about... Sadly people would rather pay money to hang out in a parking lot rather then do an old fashion canyon run for free these days :confused:

Btw, how could that meet not be posted on here by one of those 40 people ??

.. I got off farcebook years ago.....guess I have to get back on since Prime is slowly dying.:mad:
You just need a good guy to represent your area to schedule meets. Up in Nor-cal we recently have Roger, aka [MENTION=16375]Dhalsim[/MENTION] who posts Facebook scheduled meets here on prime. I am not on freakbook and he has always brought big meets to my attention here. He also organized the Nor-Cal hoodie meet which was epic! I had such a good time there. Over 40 Nsx owners from within a 50 mile radius. Roger is always trying to schedule meets and Nsx drives here. He is a very cool guy to boot too. Maybe you should try to represent your So-Cal charter here? To bring awareness to new owners who are not on freakbook and help the community out? Would be pretty cool in my opinion. Just a suggestion as you seem like your trying to help boost Nsx ownership and the community.:smile:

PleaseThis is kinda what I'm talking about... Sadly people would rather pay money to hang out in a parking lot rather then do an old fashion canyon run for free these days :confused:Btw, how could that meet not be posted on here by one of those 40 people ?? .. I got off farcebook years ago.....guess I have to get back on since Prime is slowly dying.:mad:
It's just a sign of the times. There is a bigger population of new owners who get more satisfaction from car meets than from driving. Actually, I haven't been on a canyon drive in so long because of the amount of time we sit around, park, and hang out. No offense, but I usually drive at a different pace than the slowest guy in a big caravan. We all know we all have to wait for the slowest guy in a big caravan one way or another. It's more fun (for me) to go out on my own canyon drives. I like to go to car shows (sometimes I don't even bring my NSX) to just catch up with old friends. $0.02

You just need a good guy to represent your area to schedule meets. Up in Nor-cal we recently have Roger, aka [MENTION=16375]Dhalsim[/MENTION] who posts Facebook scheduled meets here on prime. I am not on freakbook and he has always brought big meets to my attention here. He also organized the Nor-Cal hoodie meet which was epic! I had such a good time there. Over 40 Nsx owners from within a 50 mile radius. Roger is always trying to schedule meets and Nsx drives here. He is a very cool guy to boot too. Maybe you should try to represent your So-Cal charter here? To bring awareness to new owners who are not on freakbook and help the community out? Would be pretty cool in my opinion. Just a suggestion as you seem like your trying to help boost Nsx ownership and the community.:smile:

Thanks AJ.............just trying to keep the NSX spirit alive. On vacation now but when I get back I wanna plan some more runs. Still wanna do a run to Yosemite and Lake Tahoe..........hopefully we get one of those set up this year.

If it makes you feel any better, we had a pretty large caravan in the drive to the event...and Hugo and I did turn the drive back into an Ortega Highway run (though we got stuck in traffic for most of it).

And I wasn't the only Primer there. FuryNSX, BryziNSX, Gansan, jagtiger, mike2la, SeaSharp....

Last edited:
"
If it makes you feel any better, we had a pretty large caravan in the drive to the event...and Hugo and I did turn the drive back into an Ortega Highway run (though we got stuck in traffic for most of it).

And I wasn't the only Primer there. FuryNSX, BryziNSX, Gansan, jagtiger, mike2la, SeaSharp....

was this some sort of Facebook group only event? Never saw it posted here on prime:confused:

Would have been nice to know about..... Next time don't be shy :redface:

I'm sure you have plenty of pics???

Thanks AJ.............just trying to keep the NSX spirit alive. On vacation now but when I get back I wanna plan some more runs. Still wanna do a run to Yosemite and Lake Tahoe..........hopefully we get one of those set up this year.
No Roger, thank you.... I imagine it to be quite a feat to plan a drive,organize a meet, and directly deal with people's hoodies. They are of top notch quality too. Just giving cred where due...

"was this some sort of Facebook group only event? Never saw it posted here on prime:confused:

It was posted on one of the FB groups...the guy who organized was initially trying to get as many NSXers to show up as he could, but then got told by the event organizers he had to cap the number after he already had 40+ cars (I was actually the cutoff).

I'm sure you have plenty of pics???

The link to my photos is in the very post you quoted from. :confused:

To make it easier for you, just click on this pic:

I also shared smartphone pics on Facebook as the event was going on.

Last edited:
I prefer prime more than facebook because this is where I can find technical information. Sometimes, searching existing information here is faster than waiting for fb post. I am still relatively new to my NSX but I do plan to slowly perform more diy and refreshing some of the posts with my own experience.
I missed most of the meets and drives because I have two toddlers need to take care of. If my NSX survives the next couple years, I hope to contribute more and more to prime.

I prefer prime more than facebook because this is where I can find technical information. Sometimes, searching existing information here is faster than waiting for fb post. I am still relatively new to my NSX but I do plan to slowly perform more diy and refreshing some of the posts with my own experience.
As a "new-ish" member (low number of posts) .. make sure you check out the NSX Wiki if you haven't already. It's at the top of most pages on the red action bar. Unfortunately, it doesn't get updated much these days due to some technical issues but it does contain a wealth of great information that is fairly logically organized. If you're more into the latest tire/wheel combos, it's best to search the forums.

Yes. I almost do multiple search, read all the posts several times before perform any of the work. I also counter check between my manual and all the related thread before opening my tool box. That's why I think prime is a better place to get information.
Plus I almost check for sale thread at least once a day.
As a "new-ish" member (low number of posts) .. make sure you check out the NSX Wiki if you haven't already. It's at the top of most pages on the red action bar. Unfortunately, it doesn't get updated much these days due to some technical issues but it does contain a wealth of great information that is fairly logically organized. If you're more into the latest tire/wheel combos, it's best to search the forums.

Yes. I almost do multiple search, read all the posts several times before perform any of the work. I also counter check between my manual and all the related thread before opening my tool box. That's why I think prime is a better place to get information.
Plus I almost check for sale thread at least once a day.

Prime is a much more informative medium than Facebook. Honestly with all the "hot dogging" and big talk that happens on Facebook I rarely post anything on the three groups I am a part of (I don't count NSXMobilia because they are all great people with zero ego).

Unfortunately I think that this is the world we live in now where people just don't want to take the time to; read, think, post, and wait for a reply. The age of technology has created a demand for instant gratification...all the time. [MENTION=4034]Coz[/MENTION] will let you know about how many whacky posts there are on Facebook and he will often times try to set owners on there straight...he has much more patience than I do.

I'm still here, still trying to keep my post count up.

Yup, lots of Wacky post, more so now than before.
I used to try and share the knowledge I've learned by experience over the many years about the NSX, but not so much anymore.
Now I just sit back more, read the various posts, laugh and watch them learn the hard way.
As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Prime will always be the best place in most cases for information that you can trust for the most part.

Coz will let you know about how many whacky posts there are on Facebook and he will often times try to set owners on there straight...he has much more patience than I do.

Yup, lots of Wacky post, more so now than before.
I used to try and share the knowledge I've learned by experience over the many years about the NSX, but not so much anymore.
Now I just sit back more, read the various posts, laugh and watch them learn the hard way.
As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Prime will always be the best place in most cases for information that you can trust for the most part.

Coz will let you know about how many whacky posts there are on Facebook and he will often times try to set owners on there straight...he has much more patience than I do.

But COZ, you saved my life and kidneys by selling me KW coils. You need to frequent the forums more often. Facebook is for millenials...

Hello Everyone!

Haven't posted on Prime for quite a while, but I lurk here and there.
Been getting the itch to get another car, but I'm building a new house so I have to wait.

Happy New Year to All!

Hello Everyone!

Been getting the itch to get another car, but I'm building a new house so I have to wait.

Happy New Year to All!

Hey Dennis , how ya been???

You still in Temecula?

If so check out the cars and coffee on the first Saturday of every month at the promenade across from PF Chang. Hope to see you there next month.

Hello Everyone!

Happy New Year to All!

Hey Big_D haven't seen you around in a while. Build that house!

Hey Dennis , how ya been???

You still in Temecula?

If so check out the cars and coffee on the first Saturday of every month at the promenade across from PF Chang. Hope to see you there next month.

Hi Mark, doing well, thanks!
Yes, we are still in the area. I will have to check our C&C sometime. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi NSX brothers and sisters! I still visit Prime frequently and I love it!

I saw that you are installing a new clutch. Nice work!

Hey Big_D haven't seen you around in a while. Build that house!
We are working on it! Its going to have room for 10 cars also. :)
Its located in Lake Havasu City, AZ on the 3rd hole of the London Bridge golf course.

front_elev.jpg

That appears a real interesting front-of-home plan. Like.

Happy for you to construct your "nirvana on the river" and happy for me, too, 'cause we know you have a soft spot for NSX's and we all now know you have a "transient garage" available. You like guests, don't you? :smile:

It's not just this forum, seems like all forums have slowed to a crawl in the past few years. Forums are a place for reference, there's a search button, no need to ask questions over and over again like on Facebook groups. It's inevitable.

Back