• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM Infinity Series 2 Owners - Where are you getting tach signal?

Just curious, for the guys running AEM Infinity Series 2, are you sending tach to the cluster through the AEM or just letting the factory EMS send it through pin C8?

I'm struggling to find solutions to my dead tach problem, my AEM has the tach out disabled, thinking about enabling it and running a wire directly to the cluster. (Which btw I can't seem to confirm which cluster harness pin is for the tach signal in my 1997, the FSM schematics are awful.

Comments? Suggestions? Thx prime.

I'm unsure if you're talking about the AEM Infinity or AEM EMS Series 2. They are different engine management systems. I'm also unsure if you're working with one of our systems. Both of our systems include tacho output using the factory wire harness. If you're using our system, the output is pre-configured in the base calibration and noted in the installation manual. If you need support with one of our systems, please feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail.

Thanks for the reply, I did reach out to SOS via email and AEM.

Part number on the EMS is 6053-002, the unit was installed by SOS back in 2011 ish, the car in question - http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/162389-FS-1997-NSX-T-Turbocharged-VIN-JH4NA2167VT000017

We've basically arrived to the conclusion that the factory ECU has an issue, we are going to configure a tach output on the AEM jump the wire to pin C8 @ the factory ECU, we just have to pick a pin for tach out on the AEM and configure the output frequency.

AEM did provide me with the Instruction Manual for 6053-002, obviously SOS takes the S2000 unit and then modifies it as needed to support P&P with the NSX.

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify this is a Series 2, not an infinity unit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I did reach out to SOS via email and AEM.

Part number on the EMS is 6053-002, the unit was installed by SOS back in 2011 ish, the car in question - http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/162389-FS-1997-NSX-T-Turbocharged-VIN-JH4NA2167VT000017

We've basically arrived to the conclusion that the factory ECU has an issue, we are going to configure a tach output on the AEM jump the wire to pin C8 @ the factory ECU, we just have to pick a pin for tach out on the AEM and configure the output frequency.

AEM did provide me with the Instruction Manual for 6053-002, obviously SOS takes the S2000 unit and then modifies it as needed to support P&P with the NSX.

EDIT: Sorry, to clarify this is a Series 2, not an infinity unit.

hi Jason -- Give us a call, we'll help you get this figured out.

At the cluster it should be a green wire pin 17 of connector C412 for the tach. There is also a Test Tachometer connector in the engine compartment where you can check the output of the ECM. It's located on the passenger side of the engine compartment on a bracket beside the junction connector (FI resistor for auto) on the fender. It's pointed up with a gray cap.

Mike

I had the same issue with my NSX tachometer. Jason a his tuner were able to figure out the issue and my tachometer is now working correctly.

Thanks Jason for the help. I found it quite annoying that my tachometer was not working.

JP

Back