• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'93 NSX with rod knock

I have a '93 NSX with 'Rod Knock' I'm looking to get this repaired and understand that I'll need a new crankshaft. However, this part is no longer available. SOS in Chandler AZ says they can manufacture one, but It could be up to a year before they do a run. Does any one had any ideas regarding what other options might be available to me? Your advice, insight and information are all genuinely appreciated.

you should at the very least place a parts wanted ad....every now and then a motor gets parted out for whatever reason...also be on the lookout for folks selling short blocks..

Docjohn!!! Wow, It's been a while man. I remember seeing you years ago on route 80 traveling west in NJ. Shortly after that I met you at NSX at an NSX event at Lime Rock. I think we met at a gas station on 84 and drove up together. I'll certainly post an ad in 'parts wanted' Good to hear from you!

Last edited:
same here...good to see you posting.

Back