• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Survey from Acura a preview of tour option/costs

Just did a survey from Acura for folks who have a car on order

some background questions on why you are buying and demographic stuff at the end

here is what is going on for the tours

basic PMC for you and a guest $800

be there while they build your car $1200 (awesome)

anna engine plant with a guest $800

get to work on your engine $5000 (no thanks)

TRC for track time in an NSX

2 hours for you $1650, add a guest $2800

4 hour advanced for you $2200 (best value), add a guest $4000

they also are looking at limo to and fro, hotel and meals packages (in addition to the tours) starting at $800 and I think going to $2k (no thanks)

they also mentioned being able to buy a la carte

I also got and took the survey. The weird thing is that there doesn't seem to be a concept of a "factory delivery" as with other brands. I figured the no-brianer package would be to do the tour, take actual delivery of your car, drive it on the test track and then either road trip it back home or watch them load it on the truck to meet you back home in 2-3 days. Given the need to schedule stuff in advance, the reality would be that this would SLOW DOWN getting your car, since they would not want to have situations where people traveled to factory and NOT be able to get their car-- so they would need a cushion of a week or so, presumably. But still a cool option that they seem to not want to offer.

In the absence of that option, I agree that "watch your car being built" is the coolest offering-- again, it might have the net effect of SLOWING DOWN your car, but whatever....

The "watch your exact engine" being built seems too pricey for what it is, and precludes you from watching the car being assembled (unless you make two trips--- no thanks).

The TRC track experiences are too pricey-- the only way I would recommend it would be as part of getting delivery of YOUR EXACT CAR. Otherwise, go to your local track with a group that offers coaching. 1/10 the price, and you'd have the opportunity to return to your local track(s) multiple times to hone skills (and still come out waaaay ahead on $$$$).

Despite my criticism, I do like that they are proactively asking what kind of experiences people want.

Thanks chrisn

I agree that they should have factory delivery. My sense is Acura screwed something up contractually with the dealers regarding their cut of the $1800 for delivery to make factory delivery work.

Regarding the track time, I was ok with pricing. Lexus did LFA driver training programs (full day) for $3500 at Infineon. The combination of track, staff, wear and tear on the cars, videography, etc.. would help support the pricing for me. Plus you get some high speed training in actual NSXs. I would also think that there would not be large groups of people at the track to spread costs. It looks like the tours are 2 customers to a tour guide.

Are you sure the engine build precludes watching your car being built? Some of the tours span 3 days so they can shlep the motor from Anna to PMC for your build. Plus, it wasn't specific about how much of the build you would see (2 hour factory tour).

Pretty sure the survey said you couldn't BOTH see you car being built and watch your engine in one trip. It was in a footnote.

Back