• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unemployed...help requested.

O.K., all...I NEED some help! I have JUST found myself unemployed as of last night.

I always believed in the "It's not the grades you make, it's the hands you shake" motto, so I am reaching out to my brethern / sistren in the NSX community for networking career leads, contacts, and/or hiring possibilities.

I have a banking and financial background, with heavy customer service experience in many fields, but most recently in the automotive industry as a service advisor with Ferrari and Acura (the two best brands in the world!), but I am wanting to focus ONLY on the finance area now.

I am searching for a new permanent career position as a Credit Analyst, Risk Analyst, Underwriter, Bank Center Mangagement role, General Accounting, or any similar position. I am most interested in a permanent, full-time position, in the SW Houston area. Relocation is curently not an option.

If you are a business owner, hiring manager, human resources manager / personnel, or just have some hiring influence with your current company, let me know and I can send you my resume, or you can download a copy from Linked In.

In advance, THANK YOU to all that at least took time to read this!

George LaFleur

My Linked In profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/georgebentonlafleur

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that George :frown: I will keep an eye out for openings at my company, Commscope in Richardson, TX but we have offices all over the world too. There is a booming job market in Dallas right now, with State Farm, Liberty Mutual, Toyota and many others relocating here. I'm on LinkedIn too so I will connect with you. Best of luck my friend.

I'm so sorry to hear that George :frown: I will keep an eye out for openings at my company, Commscope in Richardson, TX but we have offices all over the world too. There is a booming job market in Dallas right now, with State Farm, Liberty Mutual, Toyota and many others relocating here. I'm on LinkedIn too so I will connect with you. Best of luck my friend.

Thank you, Wayne!

I'm certainly not opposed to getting back to the DFW area, but it will have to be a solid position and relocation, as I will be bringing the new lady in my life along with me!

(she's the current reason I'm still in Houston...and the hopefully soon-to-be permanent fixture in my life)

Last edited:
Resume updated and Linked In hyperlink corrected.

STILL UNEMPLOYED...

...and still trying to work-around, read the minds of, or just plain outsmart HR departments so I can become employed. :D

Last edited:
BUMP...

UPDATE: I am now willing to work for FREE!!! Yes, FREE!!!

I will "intern" for 1 to 3 months for NO PAY!

After that, either start paying me or show me the door...what have you got to lose???

Since I'm STILL looking for a new career position (aka: job), I STILL need this passed on, shared, re-posted, e-mailed to anyone you know, spread around, etc...

FREE DINNER FOR TWO ANYWHERE YOU WANT to ANYONE reading this that helps get me hired. (YES, there can be multiple winners!)

ANY and ALL employment OFFERS gained = dinner for two on me!

I am searching for a new career position as a Credit Analyst, Underwriter, Risk Analyst, Financial Analyst, Commercial Loan Support, File Auditor, General Accounting, Retail Bank Branch Management, Project Manager, or similar role.

I'm currently only considering openings in the (primarily) southwest Houston area. Any relocation (only within Texas) is still not an option at this time, unless it was a VERY attractive offer.

Positions like these are primarily found in banks (consumer, commercial, business, or investment), lending institutions, mortgage companies, or finance companies, but ANY industry will do (insurance, energy, healthcare, etc...).

My previous financial career roles makes me very suited for these, or other related positions. They are:

• Commercial Credit Risk Analyst / Loan Support
• Senior Consumer Loan Officer / Underwriter
• Credit & Debt Analysis Consultant
• Automotive Finance Manager
• Director of Sales/Marketing/Promotions
• Business Owner / Operator / Accountant

I have over ten years of experience, in depth knowledge, and thorough understanding of many areas that would make me an immediate asset to any company. These include:

* consumer, commercial, automotive, and mortgage lending
* credit analysis, loan reworking, counter-offer, risk report creation
* loan file auditing
* accounting principles (Accounts Payable/Receivable, and tax preparation)
* proven sales success record
* demonstrated team leader
* business management
* various banking and loan department knowledge (consumer & commercial)
* automotive dealership past (finance, sales, service, & parts)
* high net worth client relationship experience
* excellent customer service skills
* very computer proficient
* driven attitude

I have been on-line with Career Builder, Indeed, Monster (and a dozen other job sites). I have contacted EVERY conceivable staffing company I can locate through Google, personally hand-delivered my resume to the branch manager of every bank and credit union within a 15 miles radius of home (about 50 places!), and even e-mailed every friend, past coworker, and network contact I could remember or find (so far) in an effort to find employment. These actions have lead to a few interviews, but no offers so far.

I KNOW that MANY (all?) on-line posted jobs are already spoken for, and that companies use pre-screening software to wed-out candidates before they even contact them, but MOST jobs are gained from "knowing" someone, SO...

I'm offering DINNER FOR TWO AT the restaurant of YOUR CHOICE (only in your city, I can't pay for travel...LOL!), to anyone that can help me become hired.

I need someone who can connect me to a hiring manager in these fields that can see my experience, past successes, and value...AND hires me!

* Got a friend that's in HR? CALL ME!

* You're an actual hiring manager for such a position? CALL ME!

* Want to introduce me to a multi-level marketing "system" / "program" / "opportunity", or some work-from-home scam deal? Please DON'T call me... :D

This is pretty easy folks, because I KNOW some of you out there have run into snags like this in your own past, or know someone who has. How did you or they make a connection and get a job?

ONCE AGAIN: Dinner on me to anyone that can help me become employed in one of these types of positions!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/georgebentonlafleur

Last edited:
Back