• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some New Trivia

Acura is focused on the cars being delivered perfect (there is cryptic info here that will be revealed at a later date).

For now, all cars get the Conti tires. Acura received a lot of negative input regarding these tires from the recent driving events.

No factory delivery confirmed.

255 US dealers are in the NSX program.

Coverage cars means all dealers in the program need to get one car before any dealer gets a second.

Some dealerships may only get one.

Many of the coverage cars are going to the dealer for themselves (no surprise).

Acura is focused on the cars being delivered perfect (there is cryptic info here that will be revealed at a later date).

For now, all cars get the Conti tires. Acura received a lot of negative input regarding these tires from the recent driving events.

No factory delivery confirmed.

255 US dealers are in the NSX program.

Coverage cars means all dealers in the program need to get one car before any dealer gets a second.

Some dealerships may only get one.

Many of the coverage cars are going to the dealer for themselves (no surprise).

Does it mean that every Acura dealer have to have one meaning that there are at least 255 NSX sold?

255 Acura dealers signed up for the NSX sales and service program

We do not how many folks have deposits in place, but we can estimate it is at least 1600 because Acura folks have said they have 2 years of production sold

We do not how many folks have deposits in place, but we can estimate it is at least 1600 because Acura folks have said they have 2 years of production sold

What I meant is that the coverage car that Acura dealers have to have means the 255 participating dealer need to buy one for their own showroom right?

No sir

if the dealership chose to buy the first car (the coverage car) they can put it in the show room

My car will be the coverage car for the dealership I am working with

Interesting. I asked my dealer to complain about the lack of factory tire choices.

Do you know if the "negative input" was of the nature of passing along complaints (like mine) that better tires weren't an option? Or was it from experienced drivers jumping out of cars saying "these tires performed poorly, why not use better ones?"

I'm wondering about the sales figures.
As far as I know the factory is confirming Aug/Sept production orders now and hasn't opened up any new allocations beyond that.
So the only confirmed sales would be for cars being manufactured between now and the end of Sept.

Perhaps what Acura is saying is that they have a dealer waitlist and/or cars configured and sent to a dealer, that totals approx two years production.

I would imaging the number of website configured cars is a huge number.

My sense is the order book is based on folks who ponied up at least $1K for a deposit that either is associated to a year one allocation or in the hope of a year 2 allocation.

A lot of dealerships are owned by multiple people and there have to be a lot of Honda store owners who do not have Acura stores. Imagine how many folks amongst just that pool are going to want an NSX or 2.

Why in the May sales figure there are no Acura NSX i wonder? Isnt it supposed to be the Rick's NsX considered as sales in May?

Think about my point regarding the car being delivered perfect as I mentioned above relative to why Rick's car was not in the May sales figure

i am not at liberty to say what is up but will preview that it is chuckle worthy

Last edited:
I was going to predict that Rick's #001 car was presumably sold (in the first instance) to one of his dealerships, which would not be considered a final sale to a consumer until all paperwork was done, which he might not be in any particular hurry to do. Perhaps Bricks' info reveals some issues uncovered during "PDI."

Think about my point regarding the car being delivered perfect as I mentioned above relative to why Rick's car was not in the May sales figure

Would not be surprised to learn that Rick's car was a nicely detailed prototype suitable for a presentation ceremony.
His real car is still in production.

Would not be surprised to learn that Rick's car was a nicely detailed prototype suitable for a presentation ceremony.
His real car is still in production.

Unless we start hearing news this week of a sprinkling of end-customer deliveries of cars 2 through ~12, I fear your version maybe closer to the truth than the Press Release/Event announcing "start of serial production" on May 24. Even cars going to anonymous celebs or dealer-owners would yield some news from service personnel doing PDI, etc. I mean it's not a secret that car is released-- they are PROMOTING it, so it would seem hard/silly/contradictory/counter-productive to keep deliveries 2-12 under wraps....

Unless we start hearing news this week of a sprinkling of end-customer deliveries of cars 2 through ~12, I fear your version maybe closer to the truth than the Press Release/Event announcing "start of serial production" on May 24. Even cars going to anonymous celebs or dealer-owners would yield some news from service personnel doing PDI, etc. I mean it's not a secret that car is released-- they are PROMOTING it, so it would seem hard/silly/contradictory/counter-productive to keep deliveries 2-12 under wraps....

Having been through factory start-ups with pre-scheduled events involving media, special guests etc. sometimes you have to improvise.
Thinking the current silence from Honda suggests factory start-up glitches.

It only takes one part from a supplier to delay a whole car.
Or perhaps the paint process, or?

I'm sure whatever the issue(s) is Honda will not release cars until they meet their standards.
Better late than ship a sub-standard product.
Late will be forgotten.
Sub-standard won't.

Poor stevenlucksec won't be able to sleep with all this uncertainty :smile:

Last edited:
001 is a real car and has no issue

Think about why a car wouldn't be recognized as a sale

001 is a real car and has no issue

Think about why a car wouldn't be recognized as a sale

Either they "gave it away" as part of the charity auction (on the understanding that Rick would make large donation) or it was "sold" to Rick's dealerships, which does not count as end-customer delivery.

Think of normal delivery processes

What would get it the way of the car being recorded in a monthly sales record

Having been through factory start-ups with pre-scheduled events involving media, special guests etc. sometimes you have to improvise.
Thinking the current silence from Honda suggests factory start-up glitches.

It only takes one part from a supplier to delay a whole car.
Or perhaps the paint process, or?

I'm sure whatever the issue(s) is Honda will not release cars until they meet their standards.
Better late than ship a sub-standard product.
Late will be forgotten.
Sub-standard won't.

Poor stevenlucksec won't be able to sleep with all this uncertainty :smile:

This is getting interesting. Time will tell anyway.

What I heard recently is now the overall paint issue concern could (will probably) be impacting deliveries.

Back