• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTX3576R max bhp on a Nsx, anyone else with this turbo?

Just wondering what people are running with this turbo.

Garrett state max is 600hp, that's all it says. Not sure if this would be at the fly or wheels.

Reading between the lines that different cars and setups will also see a different peak bhp with the same turbo.

Once my motor is built i'm sure it will be enough for this year, but next i might consider a turbo and injector upgrade. I'm running ID 725's which i have heard will supply enough fuel for 650hp. To be honest it's not bad having them as the restricting factor because i would like to overhaul the entire fuel system before considering any more power.

I'm hoping a GTX3682r will bolt straight on and not be any different in physical size but as mentioned above this will not be until next year.

How much power do you want to make? If its 600, the GTX3576 may get you there, but you will need a bit more boost compared to the GTX3582r. Boost in it of itself is not necessarily a bad thing, but it will be accompanied by heat and midrange torque. Heat can be managed with higher octane gas or e85, but the midrange torque won't be fun on the transmission. I doubt the GTX3576 will reach 600whp on pump gas.

I have a detailed write-up on the subject from a while back:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/144743-Turbo-sizing-and-recommendations-for-a-unopened-3-0?p=1390272&viewfull=1#post1390272

That's interesting.

Just like to get as close to 600hp i can make for now.

I will plan to swap out the turbo and injectors perhaps next year once i've recovered a little from the build costs.

It will also be on a stroker engine if that makes a difference.

My turbo is also ceramic coated on the hot side.

Back