• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Insurance in Ontario

Was wondering if someone could give me some experienced based guidance on registering and insuring a 25yr old 1991 NSX.

I think the car will have a normal plate because historic plates are given for vehicles 30yrs or older I believe.

Belair will not insure cars older than 19yrs and have pushed me to Haggarty -- doing an online quote gives a very reasonable annual cost.

If someone who has been down this road and could provide some advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You could try TD insurance. They wouldn't insure my car because it was modified. In stock form, it should be ok. Otherwise, Haggerty/Lant/Silverwheels is the only other option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Hagerty since I got my NSX 4 years ago.

While I have been lucky enough to never need to make a claim, they have been excellent every time I have spoken to them. The costs are reasonable and their restrictions are fair.

Echelon will insure your stock NSX under a collector car policy. Limited annual km's, no driving to work, need proof of daily driver etc.

In my experience if a company says they won't insure a car that is "too old" or "too modified" etc, just call back, talk to someone else. Seems to depend on who you talk to. Which really isn't very confidence inspiring is it?

Good luck.

Lucas

attachment.php
attachment.php
Now that the cat is out of the bag, let's see some pics!

Attachments

• P1010227.jpg
    P1010227.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Copy of P1010214.jpg
    Copy of P1010214.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 111
Back