• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cars and Coffee Palm Beach - 6/12

Anyone interested in going? I should be there.. Still undecided if I will bring my car or not. Would just be good to see some of the palm beach guys again since I'll be in town!

There is a very remote chance I'll stop by in my street Miata; I am participating in a Miata club gathering Sunday. I might (but probably won't) stop at C&C before heading out around 10:30 to do the Miata thing.

Doug try to make it!! This is a different one from the Miata I saw at PBIR?

Yes. What you saw was the track-prepped 1990 Track Rat Miata, with full cage, aftermarket suspension and 2001 variable-valve-timing 1.8L motor among lots of other mods.

Sunday I'll be driving my beloved 1994 Miata "nelli", which I purchased new. It still looks new, sporting the original paint, seats (which have had covers since month 1, so the seats underneath are perfect), and top, including still-perfectly-clear plastic back window. nelli looks stock, OEM 14x6 wheels, with only mods being Voodoo shift knob, Racing Beat front swaybar and cat-back exhaust, K&N, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, and probably a few more things I can't think of right now, but it is VERY stock in appearance. See March 2012 "Miata of the Month" on Miata.net if you're interested:

http://miata.net/motm/2012/quara.html

I checked with the Miata club and it is not practical to organize both the original club trip and a detour to C&C. Think "herding Miatas" not unlike "herding cats". Maybe we'll organize the club to visit C&C as a fall or winter outing and represent the Miata brand. But not this weekend.

Yes. What you saw was the track-prepped 1990 Track Rat Miata, with full cage, aftermarket suspension and 2001 variable-valve-timing 1.8L motor among lots of other mods.

Sunday I'll be driving my beloved 1994 Miata "nelli", which I purchased new. It still looks new, sporting the original paint, seats (which have had covers since month 1, so the seats underneath are perfect), and top, including still-perfectly-clear plastic back window. nelli looks stock, OEM 14x6 wheels, with only mods being Voodoo shift knob, Racing Beat front swaybar and cat-back exhaust, K&N, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, and probably a few more things I can't think of right now, but it is VERY stock in appearance. See March 2012 "Miata of the Month" on Miata.net if you're interested:

http://miata.net/motm/2012/quara.html

I checked with the Miata club and it is not practical to organize both the original club trip and a detour to C&C. Think "herding Miatas" not unlike "herding cats". Maybe we'll organize the club to visit C&C as a fall or winter outing and represent the Miata brand. But not this weekend.

Upon further review :biggrin:, it has been determined that I will most likely join the C&C from around 9am until 10am with my '94 Miata, then leave to meet up with the Miata club. So maybe I'll see RJ there.

Last edited:
Back