• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

19992 Jh4na1152nt000962

1992 Jh4na1152nt000962

Found this car locally, made the guy an offer, but he traded it to a local Toyota dealership. Waiting to hear from them as to how this turns out as they say they are addressing all the issues.

The local guy inherited the car from his brother in Gainesville who passed away. While the probate dragged on, he kept the car under a cover on his driveway (not sure for how long but I would guess at least a year maybe two or three). I have seen the car, 47k, one owner, red over black. The owner was doctor and had several cars so mileage is likely genuine.

Large stack of receipts since new, owner had a lot of memorabilia that came new with the car. Not clear if that is staying with the car though.

TB/WP done in 2010 (and IIRC) at 37k miles ago. Paint generally in very good shape but pretty dull so would need a good workout, just one deep scratch about 2 inches long on the right rear fender. The roof however needs to be repainted as the clearcoat is shot, implying car was kept outside? All panels looked very straight.

I drove the car. AC was not blowing cold, ABS light came on, vibration at speed, probably down to the tires being 8 or 9 years old...

Not sure what the rims were but they were pretty plain and need refinishing, 16/17s but not OEM.

Car drove pretty well, had a new alternator and battery, and driver side window regulator.

Has an early set of Comptech headers on it, and the finish is peeling. There was also paperwork for them from 1993 I think. OEM muffler though from what I could tell.

Interior was in really good shape, didn't try the radio though, but some good wear on the driver's seat bolster.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
$59k seems like a lot given the condition and the issues you point out. BTW - also listed in the Prime For Sale section . . . .

I know the trade-in but won't post here. They are supposed to be fixing everything, but who knows. Anyone know what those rims are?

I never thought to check Prime's For Sales and that they might post there.

This seems like a really cheap car for an NSX from the future; 17,976 years from now. I wonder if it can go faster than Warp Speed 9.

LOL. Fixed. Quick update. Apparently the original seller still has all the receipts/paperwork....

I picked up some original memorabilia from him back from when it was purchased which was interesting.

Last edited:
Need to check for snap-ring trans;)....... VIN is early 1992!

FYI all the paperwork and receipts are no longer available. I.e. owner threw them out.

I may be going to see it tomorrow with a prospective buyer. Will try and remember to grab the tranny number.

I didn't get to go, but another member did. He was quoted $44,900. He said the paint is buffed up nice, AC fixed, new tires.

But: ABS light still on, roof repaint is very poor with overspray....:eek:( And looks like they tried to dye the drivers bolster as it was matt black.

I would also get a warranty on the AC to be sure and safe that it wasn't just a quick recharge.

When I spoke to the previous owner, he said he had a set of wheels which likely might be the original ones for the car. He is going to pull them out of storage and send me pics to confirm

HTH

Last edited:
In addition:
- The undercarriage has a substantial amount of rust. Obviously, the car paid a toll for the years it spent outside so close to the ocean.
- The wheels have been refurbished. Based on their poor apperance, I would guess that the same shop painted the roof and the wheels...
- The timing belt is due for a change soon
- The seating portion of the seats have been re-dyed but with a matt finish; which contrasts with the sides and the back

One thing though, how can there be any rust? Is this some other kind of corrosion? One thing that I forgot to mention when I saw the car was that the headlight buckets looked like they had surface rust. But I don't think they are steel, right? Same for the undercarriage - is there any steel there?

This car is currently still for sale, dealer wants $49,995. seems to be a different dealer than what you guys were talking about though

http://www.luxurycaroutlet.net/1992_Acura_NSX_Lombard_IL_4959559.veh#

Just spoke with current dealership
Clutch Service completed with all OEM parts
new tires installed by this dealer.

ABS light fixed - before this dealer received the car

I'm currently in the market for an NSX. Anyone around Lombard Area willing to go check out this car for me? I'll buy you a pizza :)

Thanks

Last edited:
I was just in Lombard last week to look at the green one, I did not see that one listed. I don't think I will have time when I am in Chicago next month but will try...

Odd they put a clutch in the red one. Definitely nothing wrong with it when I drove it.

Yep, that is the one. I have the identical car (sans rebuilt title) with 2X the mileage. I was using it as a proxy for the value of my car (insurance purposes.)

Cool!

Yeah, i almost flew out to look at it last year when it was being sold by a private party. But i couldn't get over the fact that it was totaled in like 98 or something like that. I can't imagine the damage it must of sustained at the time.

Anyways, we are off topic, haha. Feel free to PM to discuss more. :)

That BG with low-ish is a salvage title? I must have missed that one. Do you have the link to the ad?

looked great no frame damage all on fender door and rear qtr. Probably worth what he got for it.

Back