• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Revitalizing the Hawaii Peepo

Hey, assuming that ANYONE still checks this... What would be some good ways to get the NSX contingent (mainly on O'ahu) out and about to meet each other and participate in events?

I think a great starter would be to make our best efforts to hit up the cars and coffee meets. They are free, always after work, and it's a great spot for gear heads to chit chat.

Option on two I thought of would be perhaps a K1 Speed meet up. Set a day and a time and everyone cruises into Kapolei on their own and we have some fun and grab lunch after.

I I really want to pull a good group of guys together and start doing some stuff. I think we should also migrate back over to here. The Instagram DM thing is kindly a strange meetup spot to me.

Hope it's ok to post here. I'll be visiting in December. I won't be in my NSX but would like to meet up with you all of there is a event then. Also, where is the cars and coffee event held? Thanks, Doug

Hope it's ok to post here. I'll be visiting in December. I won't be in my NSX but would like to meet up with you all of there is a event then. Also, where is the cars and coffee event held? Thanks, Doug

Just post up a message when you are nearing your visit and we'll try and get some owners together when you are here.

Chris

Hey, assuming that ANYONE still checks this... What would be some good ways to get the NSX contingent (mainly on O'ahu) out and about to meet each other and participate in events?

I think a great starter would be to make our best efforts to hit up the cars and coffee meets. They are free, always after work, and it's a great spot for gear heads to chit chat.

Option on two I thought of would be perhaps a K1 Speed meet up. Set a day and a time and everyone cruises into Kapolei on their own and we have some fun and grab lunch after.

I I really want to pull a good group of guys together and start doing some stuff. I think we should also migrate back over to here. The Instagram DM thing is kindly a strange meetup spot to me.

Cars and Coffee Hawaii is unfortunately pretty inconsistent. There are about two dozen or so cars that will show up every month, but the remaining other two dozen cars are those that only show up when C&C is literally right in their own neighborhood. I feel like C&C Hawaii attendees are generally not as active as what I've experienced back on the mainland; drivers show up late and leave early, or just don't show up at all. The event organizers have some ideas for drumming up interest for next year's series of Cars and Coffee though ~ probably the biggest thing will be to stop scheduling it on top of the SCCA events at Aloha Stadium so maybe more enthusiasts will show up.

I think C&C is still a good place for a monthly NSX mini-meet; there is plenty of space if we sign up in advance and it is an easy way to be around other enthusiasts. Gotta get people out though and unfortunately we NSX owners on-island just don't show up in force. I've gone to four of the last five C&Cs and six of the last 10. Each time, either I was the only NSX that went, or it was just me and one other dedicated owner. That's it.

As for IG; that's honestly the most active forum we have for Hawaii NSXs. I think most of the owners in the channel check IG at least every other day and it is by far more active than the Hawaii NSX FB page and as you can see, way more active than this forum. As Chris said though, give us a call or or PM and we can reach out to other NSXers on-island.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, just post or DM, hopefully one of us will catch it. Cars and Coffee Hawaii moves around about five or six different spots on the island, month to month. Next one is in Aikahi Shopping Center on the Windward side. Not sure where December will be but they are only on one Sunday a month. When will you be on-island?

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it's warm enough to drive the cars here in December. 55 degrees too cold for go outside in the morning in Mililani

It's warm enough all year round. I don't expect to ever swap off extreme summer tires while the NSX is here in Hawai'i, even when I'm driving through Mililani in the early morning :cool:

You can also message the nsx owners hawaii page on facebook, it may not be updated frequently, but the DMs go to Paul or myself.

It's warm enough all year round. I don't expect to ever swap off extreme summer tires while the NSX is here in Hawai'i, even when I'm driving through Mililani in the early morning :cool:

I freeze to to death every year in the AM up here. It was high 40s a few mornings last year. Unreal for me. I will try to start making more of the CC events but it's depressing because there are 1000+ cars at events in the mainland and then here there might be 50 if you're lucky.

It's always tough getting the community together.I know for awhile we would only see three of us at our local C&C here in New Mexico and once summer hits we see 7 or 8. Back when I was on s2ki and was the community organizer I had the contact info for 50 local owners but only had meets around 7 or 9. (One year we had a cruise and 25 of us rolled together!As of right now I'll be in Hawaii from Dec. 10-23. I think 10-15 I'll be on Oahu and from 15-23 I'll be on Maui.

I freeze to to death every year in the AM up here. It was high 40s a few mornings last year. Unreal for me. I will try to start making more of the CC events but it's depressing because there are 1000+ cars at events in the mainland and then here there might be 50 if you're lucky.

Yeah man, also Cars and Coffee is a very different scene here. It is more of a 'all rides welcome' setup, so you get the exotics/luxury cars, but also: the muscle car guys, the Fast-and-Furious tuner guys, the classic car/old school imports guys, etc. all at a single meet... and then it's still just a few dozen cars. But hey, #luckywelivehawaii right?

- - - Updated - - -

As of right now I'll be in Hawaii from Dec. 10-23. I think 10-15 I'll be on Oahu and from 15-23 I'll be on Maui.

According to the calendar on http://carsandcoffeehawaii.org/ the C&C in December is scheduled for December 4 in Kapolei. These things get shifted around a lot though (in terms of location and day) so probably we can get a better idea as your trip gets closer. Of course, we can always just schedule a meet among just NSXers for when you're here :)

Made it to Honolulu yesterday.
im walking out of the North Shore pipe line competition area just now and a white, red and yellow NSX pass by. Beautiful cars guys! Hope to meet up soon.

Doug

Made it to Honolulu yesterday.
im walking out of the North Shore pipe line competition area just now and a white, red and yellow NSX pass by. Beautiful cars guys! Hope to meet up soon.

Doug

There were 3 more slightly behind us. We started off with 7, but one had to leave early. We thought we would have 9 or 10, but obligations or bad timing got in the way for some. Too bad we didn't know the exact date you would be on the North Shore. We would have gladly meet up with you somewhere out there.

Very nice!

the roads all around here are not the best but the scenery, twisties and tunnels are fantastic!

We just did a random drive up there so it was it was pure luck I saw you all (excluding the 3 followers I some how missed!)

When/where are you all getting together next?!

Very nice!

the roads all around here are not the best but the scenery, twisties and tunnels are fantastic!

We just did a random drive up there so it was it was pure luck I saw you all (excluding the 3 followers I some how missed!)

When/where are you all getting together next?!

How long will you be here? No plans to get together at this moment as a group, but a bunch of us get together for lunch and whatnot at any given moment whenever we feel like it.

Flying to Maui on the morning of the 16th before our wedding on the 17th. Staying there until the 21st when we come back to Honolulu and fly back home on the 23rd

How long will you be here? No plans to get together at this moment as a group, but a bunch of us get together for lunch and whatnot at any given moment whenever we feel like it.

I'm down for this, lemme know when.

I'm good 21st or 22nd. 21st would be more afternoon after I pick up my son though, or 22nd lunch time on should be okay. I probably can leave work a little early. Hahaha

Headed to Honolulu again tomorrow evening. Maybe a evening meet on the 22nd?.......

FF Drifter, I have to see your car. Always wanted a midnight purple but never seen one in person.

We got at least two, FF and I available on thursday 22nd. Croftoncustoms is that good for you? If so reply back here and we can quickly set up a meeting place somewhere in town.

Awesome. PMd you my number earlier. I'm thinking about a hour to hang out, kick tires, drool on paint. Then I'll be headed out to diner for our last night.

look forward to meeting you guys!

I want to thank you all for getting together and hanging out for a the time we did the other day. It's always nice being able to meet completely new people with similar interest and have great conversations.

finally saw the elusive midnight purple NSX and it was everything I thought it would be. (Someday I'll get my hands on one).

you all have such a beautiful landscape for photos and decent roads for drives. It as we talked about; the speed limits need to be raised some. Lol

well thanks again and please give me a shout if your ever in my neck of the woods!
Doug

Back