• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

JDM/EDM Center Console Switch Panel - Alternative Switch Sourcing?

Hey guys, I've spent the last several days searching through dozens and dozens of prior posts regarding sourcing switches to use in the JDM/EDM center console switch panel that replaces the coin tray used on American cars. Depending on the country of manufacture, these switches range from seat warmers, to fog lights, to antenna stops, to headlight sprayers, to headlamp adjusters. All of these switches can obviously be obtained overseas, however, once you factor in customs, shipping and other various fees they become wicked expensive. Anyway, in reading through the posts it appears most, if not all, of these switches were also used in a number of other American Hondas and Acuras. For instance, the heated seat switches are the same ones used in '96-'04 Acura TLs and RLs and snap right into the switch panel. Unfortunately, there were no other specific years/models reference in these posts.

At this point, I only intend to use one switch that will be used for my garage door opener. I'm going for the factory look, however, so I need to fill up all four holes to keep it clean and don't want to use any blanks. I've already ordered a set of used heated seat switches off eBay (which I may or may not eventually hook up at a later date) to fill the bottom two holes, so I now need to fill the top two. A fog light switch seems like an obvious choice for one of them (again, a later project) and the sky's the limit on the fourth because it will be used for my garage door.

I realize SOS sells the fog light switch. They are a fantastic company (and where I purchased the switch panel), but I was hoping to avoid paying $100 per switch if I can find used ones for a couple of bucks. I've spent hours at the local wrecking yards with no luck, so my question is does anyone know which exact years/models/types of switches will properly fit the JDM/EDM switch panel? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Switch Set.jpg
    Switch Set.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,847
  • Switch Set 2.jpg
    Switch Set 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,602
  • Switch Set Lighted.JPG
    Switch Set Lighted.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,588
Last edited:
Consigliere,

You are on the right track. I love SOS but they are charging $100 per switch plus back in the day they didn't even offer pigtails only the individual pins. What a mess. Looks like they offer the pigtails now. Regardless hitting up the local junkyard is the way to go. You can get it all for less than $15 and get the pigtails. The pigtails actually the hardest thing to find. All the ebay sellers just sell the switches without the pigtails.

Acura TL or RL for the heater switches
Acura Legend for the fog light switches (constant and temporary) I got mine out of a 96 model.
Acura Integra (I read this will work too)

Sounds like you did your research but here is a good thread about the switches.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/186565-Heated-leather-seats

If you want to wire up your garage door you then there are other options instead of using one of the precious 4 switches. This is what I did. If you want to use one of the switches for the garage door then remember you will need to get the temporary power switch and pigtail which is different than the constant on one. The constant on pushes and clicks on and stays depressed. While the temp you have to hold down and when you release it pops up immediately on its own.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/182894-That-Secret-Switch!!!

So in the end my setup is:
2x TL heater switches for my heated seats
1x Integra Constant switch for my radar detector
1x SOS constant switch for my front view camera (local junkyards didn't have anymore switches)
1x secret switch on clock for my garage door opener
<strike></strike>
Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks TEXMORALES, that's exactly what I was looking for! I had actually read your earlier thread regarding the Legend, but it didn't specify the year and the one (and only) Legend I found at the junkyard didn't appear to be the right one. Now that I know it's the second generation ('91-'96) I'll go track one down and get this project started.

Thanks TEXMORALES, that's exactly what I was looking for! I had actually read your earlier thread regarding the Legend, but it didn't specify the year and the one (and only) Legend I found at the junkyard didn't appear to be the right one. Now that I know it's the second generation ('91-'96) I'll go track one down and get this project started.

Glad to help. Let me know how the junkyard search goes. If you still have no luck, I remember I might have a few extra switches and pigtails as I spent a whole day in local junkyards and took more than I needed just in case. Also, I think I grabbed spare pigtails out of a Prelude. Not the switch as they are different sizes but I seem to remember the actual pigtails worked. Sorry its been along time.

Another cool idea some guys use for the heater switches is to control the iLift air suspension setups. Normally you use your cruise control buttons but someone on here used the heater switches. Basically anything you can think of. Let us know what good ideas you come up with!

Slight bump.

Guys I bought the 2003-2007 Honda Pilot Heater Switches and they fit perfectly too. I'm assuming here that all Honda switches that look the same fit perfectly, and not just the Legend ones. They are also MUCH cheaper than the Legend ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-2...ash=item1ec2d680bf:g:XA8AAOSw3mpXKSxP&vxp=mtr

Edit: The ebay link isn't working (forum rules?) Not a seller for switches, just a heads up for you guys trying to source alternatives.

Last edited:
Hi..i want to say If you want to wire up your garage door you then there are other options instead of using one of the precious 4 switches. This is what I did. If you want to use one of the switches for the garage door then remember you will need to get the temporary power switch and pigtail which is different than the constant on one. The constant on pushes and clicks on and stays depressed. While the temp you have to hold down and when you release it pops up immediately on its own.

smt assembly

Last edited:
Slight bump.

Guys I bought the 2003-2007 Honda Pilot Heater Switches and they fit perfectly too. I'm assuming here that all Honda switches that look the same fit perfectly, and not just the Legend ones. They are also MUCH cheaper than the Legend ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-2...ash=item1ec2d680bf:g:XA8AAOSw3mpXKSxP&vxp=mtr

Edit: The ebay link isn't working (forum rules?) Not a seller for switches, just a heads up for you guys trying to source alternatives.

The link works just fine. But the item has ended. But it still shows the specifics of such item.

I'm trying to take on this project myself for my air suspension. Can anyone chime in on what I need to make these work without the pigtails. These switches on eBay doesn't come with pigtails but I have seen the 5/6 pin connectors at SOS. If the pin connectors work I can have a professional help me with the install. I just want all the pieces necessary first before I take it any further. Thanks in advance

Give this thread a read. You can make it work without pigtails, but I would recommend getting the pigtails as this will make install cleaner and easier to unplug/plug in when you want to access the center console for stereo or other upgrades/issues.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...sole-Switch-Panel?highlight=antenna+half+mast

I'm trying to take on this project myself for my air suspension. Can anyone chime in on what I need to make these work without the pigtails. These switches on eBay doesn't come with pigtails but I have seen the 5/6 pin connectors at SOS. If the pin connectors work I can have a professional help me with the install. I just want all the pieces necessary first before I take it any further. Thanks in advance

Consigliere,

You are on the right track. I love SOS but they are charging $100 per switch plus back in the day they didn't even offer pigtails only the individual pins. What a mess. Looks like they offer the pigtails now. Regardless hitting up the local junkyard is the way to go. You can get it all for less than $15 and get the pigtails. The pigtails actually the hardest thing to find. All the ebay sellers just sell the switches without the pigtails.

Acura TL or RL for the heater switches
Acura Legend for the fog light switches (constant and temporary) I got mine out of a 96 model.
Acura Integra (I read this will work too)

Sounds like you did your research but here is a good thread about the switches.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/186565-Heated-leather-seats

If you want to wire up your garage door you then there are other options instead of using one of the precious 4 switches. This is what I did. If you want to use one of the switches for the garage door then remember you will need to get the temporary power switch and pigtail which is different than the constant on one. The constant on pushes and clicks on and stays depressed. While the temp you have to hold down and when you release it pops up immediately on its own.

So in the end my setup is:
2x TL heater switches for my heated seats
1x Integra Constant switch for my radar detector
1x SOS constant switch for my front view camera (local junkyards didn't have anymore switches)
1x secret switch on clock for my garage door opener
<strike></strike>
Hope this helps. Good luck!

could you provide some more details to your secret garage remote switch on the clock? pics? diy?

could you provide some more details to your secret garage remote switch on the clock? pics? diy?

Here you go. This thread takes you step by step. The only thing you need to decide is if you want to use a 12V remote or 3V remote. It is explained in thread. Also, I found that the Dash is dense enough to cut/block the signal strength. So make your cord longer so you can hide your remote closer to a dash opening for best operation. Myself I always back into my garage and have to be within 1 car length for it to work. If I try to drive straight in the signal won't work unless i am practically touching the door. I think it is a fun/cool project to take on. Just play around with where you locate your remote and give yourself plenty of wire to find the sweet spot.

Even though I haven't updated my thread in a long time. It has links to a lot of good info on Prime that might save you a lot of time searching for common things.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/196743-Pursuit-of-Childhood-Dream-Car

Good luck!

Here you go. This thread takes you step by step. The only thing you need to decide is if you want to use a 12V remote or 3V remote. It is explained in thread. Also, I found that the Dash is dense enough to cut/block the signal strength. So make your cord longer so you can hide your remote closer to a dash opening for best operation. Myself I always back into my garage and have to be within 1 car length for it to work. If I try to drive straight in the signal won't work unless i am practically touching the door. I think it is a fun/cool project to take on. Just play around with where you locate your remote and give yourself plenty of wire to find the sweet spot.

Even though I haven't updated my thread in a long time. It has links to a lot of good info on Prime that might save you a lot of time searching for common things.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/196743-Pursuit-of-Childhood-Dream-Car

Good luck!

Great links, very helpful - thanks!

Back